Conference Signage 101: How to Create an Amazing Visual Experience For Your EventNOVEMBER 12, 2018| SpeedPro
When you’re planning a conference or convention, event signage should be one of the top priorities on your to-do list. After securing the right venue and filling it with guests, your event’s design aesthetic is paramount in ensuring your attendees have a positive experience.
While you shouldn’t skimp on a quality venue, you also don’t need to host your event at a five-star resort for guests to have a good time. The right event signage can just as easily transform your environment and impress your guests – at a fraction of the cost.
To help you get the most out of your conference signage, check out the following tips that’ll help you create an immersive, multi-dimensional visual experience for your event guests, while also transforming your environment from a plain convention hall into a fun, interactive and unforgettable atmosphere:
Set the Scene and Get Your Brand Seen
Whether your conference is a company-sponsored event or you’re working for a third-party event planner, the event atmosphere is a direct reflection on you and your business. Whatever the event’s purpose or theme, it’s essential to promote your brand.
Print your branding or theme on large-scale vinyl banners for overhead mounting on poles or other architectural features at your venue. Getting creative with the placement of your graphics and signage is important for setting the scene and making sure the designs really stand out. It’s much easier for event-goers to ignore posters haphazardly dispersed throughout the walls than it is for them to miss visually engaging graphics hanging overhead at all times.
You can also incorporate background wall murals or backlit graphics to create a cohesive message and theme. These large-scale visuals will serve primarily to tie the whole event together and give guests an immediate idea about why they’re there.
Don’t Leave Your Guests Directionless
There’s nothing worse than looking for a conference hall, walking into a crowded, unfamiliar venue and having no idea of the event schedule or where to go. Directional signage gives your guests the information they need to navigate unfamiliar environments – and it’s an easy way to make their visual experience more immersive. Instead of taping arrows onto your walls, take your directional signage to the next level by using floor graphics, decals, banners, posters and other wayfinding signage.
Lay out a path for your guests by placing temporary footprint decals across the floor, or map out your venue and highlight different products and areas on a wall or ceiling graphic. Get creative by branding your directional signage as well, but make sure each sign is still clear and easy to read.
Use Every Inch of Space
In addition to creating a more unique experience for guests, finding creative ways to display signage can also benefit your brand. Using every inch of your space –and displaying your brand wherever you can – extends your visual ownership of the event throughout the venue. From elevator wraps to branded table tops and stair graphics, there are plenty of opportunities for you to consistently remind guests about your business.
Create a Comprehensive Strategy With a Print Solutions Provider
Large-scale, creative signage and displays help bring your conference experience to the next level. By partnering with a print solutions provider like SpeedPro, you’ll have access to industry-leading graphics and signage expertise and products, as well as best practices to create a truly immersive event experience.
We don’t just print the visuals for your event. We partner with you to understand all your ideas, and we create a strategy to transform any venue into a coordinated visual experience with big, bold graphics done right. We work with you to create a completely cohesive marketing and signage strategy for any conference or convention.
Rely on Popular Types of Convention Signage
There’s a reason wall murals, step and repeat banners, banners, digital signs and custom decals are used at conferences all around the world — they work. Even though you’ll want to use graphics and images that stand out from the crowd with their originality, you can rely on tried and true convention signage to get those captivating graphics into the view of attendees.
As you look to create an unforgettable visual experience for attendees, check out five of the most popular convention signs that companies use consistently to great success:
- Wall murals: Turn the walls of your event space into works of art with vinyl wall murals. These graphics are easily applied to the surface of a wall, with complex graphics and images delivering impactful messages to attendees. Since they can be applied directly to a venue’s environment, they’re particularly successful at putting your stamp on rented venues and generating the appropriate ambiance for the conference.
- Step and repeat banners: People love to take pictures at events. Step and repeat banners let attendees do just that by providing a branded backdrop for photos. Attendees will walk up to the banner, get their picture taken and then step aside, allowing the next person or group to repeat the process. Besides improving your attendees’ experience with a fun feature, step and repeat banners can generate exposure for your company when attendees share the pictures on social media.
- Banners: Again, custom banners are some of the most popular types of signage you can use as conference signs. Banners go great on the exterior of a building, with large banners hung over an entrance to welcome attendees or smaller boulevard banners fixed to the side of lamp posts. Inside, they can also be hung over key locations and other areas to put your stamp on the space.
- Digital signs: We live in a digital world, and digital signs are just an extension of that. With a digital sign, you get vibrant graphics that highlight your message. Since they’re digital, the sign can rotate through different graphics during an event. Another upside to digital signs is their quick customizability. Unlike print, you can correct mistakes or update information with a few keystrokes on a computer — perfect if you need to communicate changes to speakers or internal events to viewers.
- Decals: Custom vinyl decals are ideal for event venues that you’re renting, as they’re easy to apply and remove from surfaces. They can be placed on floors, windows and other surfaces to brand the space or provide directions to attendees. Decals can feature bright and bold designs that improve the atmosphere of your conference.
Choose SpeedPro for Your Conference Signage
Now that you have more information about conference signage and how it can be used effectively, you should be ready to pick out the perfect graphics for your upcoming conference. As a nationwide network of studios specializing in large format graphics, SpeedPro can help you unleash your company’s marketing potential. Our experienced team can help you craft eye-catching event signs to brand every bit of your venue.
Contact your local studio today to receive a free quote and discuss your options with one of our friendly staff members.