Vehicle Lettering vs. WrapsFEBRUARY 25, 2020| SpeedPro
Companies have long used vehicle graphics to get their message to drivers all around the nation. With this type of advertising, you have plenty of options that can help you put your stamp on any vehicle. With this type of marketing, it’s essential to know the difference between vehicle lettering and vehicle wraps to determine which option fits your company’s needs better.
What Are Vehicle Lettering and Vehicle Wraps?
Vehicle lettering only involves custom text, while vehicle wraps incorporate custom images, text and other graphics. Additionally, while a vehicle wrap covers the entire surface of a vehicle or a significant portion of it, custom vehicle lettering generally focuses on smaller sections of a vehicle.
Advantages of Using Vehicle Lettering and Vehicle Wraps
To help you decide whether you should use lettering or wraps on your vehicle, consider the following benefits of each:
Benefits of Vehicle Wraps
Custom vehicle wraps are popular for a reason. Their ability to cover the surface area of a car with logos, graphics, images and text help companies make a statement. No matter where you take your car, vehicle wrap advertising is an effective way to spread your message. Below you can find the top reasons to use custom business vehicle wraps:
- Attention-grabbing: Whenever you or your staff drive a car that’s been decked out with vehicle wraps, it’s going to attract some attention. By diverting from the norm, the wrap will practically call out for people to look at it. As people will be looking at the vehicle business wraps day-by-day, they’ll absorb key information such as your logo, company name and social media handle.
- Long-lasting: Vehicle wraps are made out of tough vinyl and typically last for somewhere between three and six years. With vehicle wraps, you get a piece of advertising that will represent your company well for years to come.
- Cost-effective: Another primary benefit of vehicle wraps is how affordable they are. They generally cost somewhere between $2,500 and $3,000. The initial costs should also be weighed against the durability of the wrap, as your car wrap will get plenty of exposure. Vehicle wraps also provide a low cost per impression. The Out of Home Advertising Association of America has estimated that businesses receive a $2.80 return on investment for every dollar that they spend on a wrap.
- Wide-reaching: Depending on traffic density, vehicle wraps can reach thousands of people from all walks of life every day you take your vehicle out on the road. With this exposure, you can raise brand awareness and get people talking about your company.
With all of the benefits that come with vehicle wraps, you can see why they’re such popular options among companies that want to raise brand awareness and grab the attention of the public. At a low cost, you can expect them to provide an excellent return on investment before you decide to switch them out for new designs.
Benefits of Vehicle Lettering
Vehicle lettering is a more focused type of vehicle advertisement as it only deals with placing custom letters on a vehicle. You can find some of the top benefits of using vehicle lettering below:
- Minimalist aesthetic: Some companies like to be flashy and larger than life, while others like a more refined approach. If you’re a part of the latter group, then you’ll enjoy the way vehicle lettering can add to a vehicle without overtaking it. Text in an attractive font that highlights your company name, current deals or contact info can go a long way to make an impression on customers
- Affordability: The initial costs for vehicle lettering are usually lower than those of a full vehicle wrap. As you will probably take up less space on your vehicle and use less vinyl, your costs will be lower. If you want to add a marketing element to a fleet of vehicles, the initial costs can add up with vehicle wraps. For smaller companies with less cash available, lettering can have a similar effect at a lower cost.
- Branding: Like vinyl wraps, vehicle lettering can help your company craft a brand image that sticks in viewers’ minds. As the vehicle goes from place to place, the lettering will highlight your company and get people familiar with the services or products your company offers. Well-designed, attractive text can also make viewers trust your company more, as the lettering provides a professional image of your business.
How to Choose Between Them
Choosing between vehicle lettering and custom vehicle wraps comes down to your vision for your vehicle marketing strategy. On the one hand, for those who don’t want to cover their whole vehicle or use complex graphics in their marketing strategy, vehicle lettering is ideal. On the other hand, if you want a bold statement that shows off a variety of graphic types, a vehicle wrap is the best choice.
When you take cost into the equation, both are very affordable options. However, smaller businesses may appreciate the lower capital investment costs associated with lettering. Many companies that have money to invest in vehicle wraps will welcome the long-term return on investment that comes with the extra exposure that wraps provide.
As you choose between the two, consider what type of advertisement you want on your vehicles. Do you want a more minimal approach or something more obvious? Your brand aesthetic will help you decide which option you should deck out your vehicles with.
Choose SpeedPro for All Your Custom Vehicle Lettering and Graphics Needs
Whether you choose vinyl vehicle wraps or lettering, you can trust SpeedPro to turn your vision into reality. As a nationwide network of studios that specialize in large-format graphics, we’ve handled everything from lettering that highlights a company’s name on a single car to vinyl wraps on a whole fleet of trucks. No matter your needs, we have the experience and equipment to provide superior service.
If you’re looking for custom vehicle wraps or vehicle lettering near you, find your local SpeedPro studio to speak to one of our representatives about how we can transform your vehicles into highly effective marketing machines.