IMPACTFUL DECALS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
OCTOBER 5, 2020| SpeedPro North Charlotte
If you’re wondering about the types of decals available for your business, you’ve come to the right place. SpeedPro has been serving companies for years, assisting them as they look to print and install decals on their walls, windows, doors and vehicles. The key is choosing which decal meets the needs of your business, and that’s where we can help.
Step one is determining which of the different types of decals best expresses the mission of your business.
SELECT A SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM GRAPHIC
Whether you’re looking to put custom business decals on your windows, walls, doors, floors or vehicles, you’ll need to know how long you plan to use them. Short-term graphics are crafted with unique materials that allow them to be affordable, easy-to-remove and adjustable, while long-term graphics are designed with durability and longevity in mind.
Short-term graphics typically are made out of fabricated, re-positionable adhesive materials that are perfect for limited promotions and weekly deals. The adhesive used for short-term graphics will often be made out of a lower-tac stick formula designed to be easily installed and removed. Unlike long-term graphics, this adhesive will be designed to hold for a comparably short amount of time. Additionally, the lower-tac formula allows users to move and reposition the graphics after the initial placement.
When it comes to custom window decals for businesses, one popular option is static clings. Marketing window clings for businesses are incredibly flexible, and can quickly be moved around a surface. Instead of using an adhesive to hold up the decals, these window clings only use a static charge to keep the decal in place. Since they use static rather than an adhesive, they are very flexible and can move around a surface easily, though they are not as long-lasting as other options.
In contrast, long term graphics are designed to stay up for a long time. Rather than weekly deals or seasonal graphics, these window graphics are built to last and will offer messages meant to stay around for a long time. These messages can be a company slogan, name, logo or hours, among others. Floor and full-vehicle decals tend to be long-term graphics, due to the nature of the adhesive needed to keep the graphics in place.
Long-term window, wall and floor decals are made with a high-tac stick formula. This formula can be customized for your needs and will allow you to keep a graphic up for a significant amount of time.
CHOOSING BETWEEN SINGLE-SIDED AND DOUBLE-SIDED DECALS
If you’re looking at custom window vinyl decals, you’ll also have to determine whether you want the decals to be single-sided or double-sided.
Choosing between single or double-sided graphics comes down to the surfaces you’re planning on placing the graphics on. If it’s a transparent material, the chances are that double-sided graphics will be the right choice. Say, for instance, you own a retail store and want glass door decals for your business needs. You’ll want your branding efforts to be visible from the outside and inside. With a double-sided graphic, your interior will have an extra piece of on-brand decoration that improves your customers’ experience.
Single-side decals are ideal for solid surfaces, like walls or floors. The front of the graphic will feature the design, while the back of it will have the adhesive. Since walls and floors won’t offer any transparency, they are ideal for decals that are only one-sided.
TOP CUSTOM GRAPHIC OPTIONS
Before you start designing your graphic, you’ll need to consider which type of commercial decal you’d like to use.
1. WINDOW DECALS
The most common options for vinyl window decals for businesses include:
- Vinyl window graphics: Custom window vinyl decals are extremely durable and customizable. Vinyl graphics can be used on a wide selection of surfaces, from cement and glass to the exterior of a vehicle. These decals are also excellent at allowing natural light to pass through without blocking visibility and are exceptionally customizable.
- Perforated window graphics: If you want to provide greater privacy for an office space or another location, perforated window graphics are the go-option. These decals block out any sight through normally transparent surfaces. They allow for one-way visibility, where people inside can see outside, but people on the outside can’t see in. Perforated window decals are frequently used on outside-facing window displays, as businesses often don’t want anyone passing by to be able to look into their office space.
- See-through window graphics: For stores that want to draw people to their store with decals, but also show off their products from the window, a see-through window graphic is ideal. These transparent window graphics bring curious viewers to your window but have enough transparency to let potential customers also see the products they might be interested in purchasing. These graphics offer durability and can be replaced easily whenever your marketing needs change.
- Partial window graphics: These types of graphics are the most popular, as they take up only part of a window. Partial custom window decals for businesses are often used to provide valuable information, like a new sale or store hours. This info only requires a part of the window space, making partial graphics the best choice.
- Full window decals: Full window decals are another reliable option. They are perfect for businesses that want to turn their windows or doors into giant advertisements or decorations. Instead of blocking a small part of the window, you can make sure the entire window is covered with attractive custom graphics. The large, full window decals are great at generating attention and improving brand awareness.
2. WALL DECALS
Wall decals are pretty straightforward, as they’re all made of vinyl. We can cut these custom wall graphics to size for easy decorating and advertising. We can also formulate the adhesive as needed to fit different wall surfaces.
Placing decals on your walls is a great way to advertise sales, improve brand recognition and meet many other marketing goals. They are incredibly versatile and perfect for reaching people in your store.
3. FLOOR DECALS
When it comes to floor decals for business needs, there are two main approaches:
- Indoor decals: These graphics are the most popular option for floor advertising decals. They need adequate surface preparation to adhere correctly but offer a permanent and vibrant design for your floor that can stand up to foot traffic. Many stores will put down their logo or arrows to direct visitors.
- Outdoor decals: These decals are a little tougher, as they need to stand up to the weather and extensive foot traffic. Usually, outdoor graphics are placed on concrete and asphalt. You might see them on the sidewalk outside of a storefront or placed like breadcrumbs to direct people toward a specific location.
4. VEHICLE DECALS
Vehicle decals are an excellent way to get your image out there and be seen by everyone driving by.
Three types of vehicle decals include:
- Full vehicle wraps: Completely encase your vehicle in branding and turn it into something spectacular. These wraps make a statement and protect your vehicle all over.
- Partial vehicle wraps: Maybe you don’t want to commit to the full wrap or you only want a simple addition to the hood. You can wrap parts of the vehicle as needed to advertise with it.
- Vinyl graphics: Of course, you can still give your vehicle some business flair without covering it up entirely. Custom car decals allow you to put just the graphics you want on your car. They can go on the windows or the body. You can add temporary decals, like those that advertise a sale, or more permanent decals such as your logo and website.
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
With a greater set of knowledge about window, vehicle, wall and floor decals for businesses now at your disposal, you’ll be ready to choose graphics that share the story of your business. Whether you want full, partial, single or double-sided graphics, SpeedPro North Charlotte has you covered – literally and metaphorically.