What is backlit fabric?
Backlit fabric graphics are created with a dye sublimation transfer printing process and long-lasting LED lighting mounted behind the fabric image. This will illuminate and showcase the art, logo, or message being displayed. Different textures, weights and translucency level fabric options are available to customize the experience. The LED lights last thousands of hours and require less power to illuminate than fluorescent or neon tubes.
Backlit fabric light boxes, signs, art displays, banners, kiosks and more backlit fabric products have been appearing in public increasingly in the past decade. Backlit fabric products are an environmentally friendly marketing choice because the production methods used and the fabrics themselves create less waste than older backlit sign designs.
What fabric products can be effectively backlit?
- SpeedPro Chicago Loop pre-built kiosks: Available in a wide range of styles from the simple Vibe monitor kiosk to our sleek-looking Formulate iPad kiosks. These feature zippered backlit fabric graphics and a thermoform countertop and base.
- Banner Stands: You can choose materials for indoors or outdoor fabric banners and can opt for illuminated fabric banner stands for impactful backlit displays to catch the eye of potential customers on the go.
- Backlit counters: These can serve as a sharp centerpiece for any exhibit space or can serve as an eye-catching reception desk. Choose from counters with a central push-fit display within a laminate counter or those with collapsible push-fit tension design we also offer sleek, modular options and curved modern designs.
- Lightboxes: Also known as backlit push-fit fabric displays, lightboxes hold tensed fabric across a frame with attached LED lighting. Graphics attaches to single- or double-sided channel bars at the edges of the frame. Push-fit displays are a versatile approach to backlighting that gives plenty of options. Used for great effect at tradeshows the elements of the lightbox create a visually striking display that is certain to attract attendees of the show. The frame is designed to be collapsible and does not require tools, making setup and take-down very simple.
- Dynamic lightboxes: Similar to push-fit fabric displays, these involve a programmable LED light curtain that adds the element of animation to complete your design.
- Freestanding backlit fabric towers: Illuminate imagery using vertical space as advertising real estate with freestanding backlit towers. The unparalleled height and color draws attention from every direction. The towers can be double-, three- or four-sided, and they come in customizable sizes, although we generally won’t go above 12 feet.
- Straight-tension backlit fabric displays: These use an aluminum tube rectangular frame and an LED light curtain or edge lighting. The printed fabric graphic comes with a zipper on one side which can be stretched out and zipped up similar to a pillowcase. They come in a variety of sizes, all the way from small, tabletop displays to displays that are 30 feet wide.
Where is the best place to use a backlit fabric product?
Storefronts, trade shows, in-store displays, almost anywhere makes a good aesthetic design choice for SpeedPro Chicago Loop backlit fabric products. You may as well ask, “where shouldn’t you display a backlit fabric product?” It is easy to see how much light and vitality a well-placed backlit sign or banner can add to nearly any location. Since they are so lightweight and versatile, moving them around to find the best positioning is easy and fun.
Benefits of backlit fabric
Placing a backlit display in your showroom or trade show exhibit is one of the best ways to make that display stand out from the crowd. It’s just common sense that a bright light in a dim showroom will draw the eye. Combine this inherent quality with high-quality graphics and vibrant colors and the branding is a sure success. Many styles of the display are collapsible, making them convenient to store until the next trade show. SpeedPro Chicago Loop also offers carrying cases to ease transport. As mentioned above, since we use LED lights instead of traditional incandescent lights, the potential impact on the environment is lessened. In some instances, it also allows you to create programmable lighting effects.
The versatility of backlit fabric products cannot be overstated, LED-backlit graphics are designed to be interchangeable. Images can easily be changed out for new promotional goals, to promote your next trade show, or to rebrand. Remember that fabric, like many other materials SpeedPro uses, is extremely versatile. Fabrics can be used for a variety of display types and applications and fabric displays can be customized in many ways, including the type of fabric, size, shape and more. Since fabric is translucent, it’s also perfect for backlit graphic displays.
With backlit fabric products from SpeedPro Chicago Loop, you can brighten your business potential. Give your brand a chance to shine in the spotlight with backlit fabric displays of all types. Partner with SpeedPro Chicago Loop and let our experts answer your questions.
Contact Us for Pricing
We are just 3 blocks from McCormick Place, moments away from Merchandise Mart and downtown– we can support your printing and signage needs in and around Chicagoland. Our state-of-the-art printing and high-speed cutting technology is standing by to make your vision a reality.
SpeedPro Chicago Loop is a proud Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, featured in multiple national trade magazines for our work, the only two time recipient for national ‘Project of the Year’ and named a ‘Top-3 Sign Shop in Chicago’ for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023; see what a difference it is to work with us! Originating the term, Surface Impact®, let us give your next printing job the IMPACT it deserves!
SpeedPro Chicago Loop
Located just three-blocks from McCormick Place on Michigan Avenue, serving the entirety of downtown Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, we are convenient, accessible and able to support all of your large format graphic printing.
The Best Large-Format Printing in Chicago
SpeedPro Chicago Loop was the largest SpeedPro franchisee in the region (Illinois, Iowa, Michigan & Indiana) for 2022 and in the Top 10% of all SpeedPro’s nationwide.
We are humbled and proud of of the recognition we have received, not merely as a high performing studio, but by the accolades of our clients and the awards we’ve received, to include; the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) ‘2022 Franchisee of the Year’ (Nominee), ‘3 Best Sign Shops in Chicago’ 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, ‘Exceptional Customer Service’ 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, the only two-time winner of ‘Project of the Year’ 2018 and 2021, ‘Exceptional Growth’ 2018, ‘Rookie of the Year’ in 2016, over 300 perfect 10/10 online reviews and countless other franchise awards– SpeedPro Chicago Loop is committed to delivering great results and a delightful experience for our customers.
What Are the Advantages of Partnering With SpeedPro Chicago Loop?
Why should you choose SpeedPro Chicago Loop over other studios in the area? We offer a range of unique benefits, including:
- Fast turnaround on projects against tight deadlines
- Professionalism in every interaction
- Reliability you can count on
- Precision of graphics, which we use digital measurements to create
SpeedPro Chicago Loop creates one-of-a-kind graphics that will last for your company. See how we can connect you with the potential customers you want while also creating graphics you feel proud to display. Our graphics will make you look better. When companies partner with us, they see results.
Schedule a Consultation With SpeedPro Chicago Loop
Let us get your message noticed. You have something you want to tell potential customers. Visual communications such as the ones designed by SpeedPro Chicago Loop can deliver that information and build bridges that could develop into longstanding relationships.
We want to help you accomplish your goals and grow your business. Chicago-area companies can contact us today to discuss a consultation or request a quote.