What are seasonal graphics?
The changing seasons, holidays and regular annual events like back-to-school offer an endless array of opportunities for highlighting your business and giving customers a chance to spend on themed items. This works no matter what business you’re in: retail, restaurants & bars, auto sales and even sport and activity venues can benefit from practical recognition of seasonal events.
The first touchpoint of your customers’ experience when they arrive is when they see your holiday or seasonal graphics. Making a positive, enticing impression should be foremost on any marketer’s mind. There are a few pointers to keep in mind when designing graphics for your seasonal printed materials.
Keep them big: Your message needs to come across clearly and succinctly from many yards away. Customers need to either see your design and accompanying text from several aisles distant if they are already inside your location or from a sidewalk or a street. Both your text and graphics need to be larger than you think, so design for a large format. For example, text on outdoor and window signage should end up being at least 8-12 inches in height.
Placement is king: Where you put your signage—whether it’s a flag, banner, or wall sign—is just as important as what’s on it. Take a walk through your space before you select all of the signage formats, you may want to get an idea of how your patrons will come across your signs. You want to locate your materials where they are not blocked by shelving or open doors. You can also place signs at particular angles to walls and corners so that the architecture naturally draws the eye to your messaging. Focus on keeping your signage in high-visibility spots with good lighting.
Color wins: Bright, bold coloring is a powerful component of your design strategy for signage. Complementary colors or light lettering over darker colors will capture a customer’s attention quickly. Luckily, most holidays are already themed with strong color combinations: red/green/white for Christmas, orange/black for Halloween, etc.
Multi-stage signage: As soon as your customers walk through your doors, they are beginning a journey that hopefully leads to a satisfying checkout experience. You can use your seasonal graphics strategically to lead them through your store in a couple stages. First, they see signs with the largest text designs that inform them in a general manner (40% OFF BACK TO SCHOOL). Next, when they arrive at the right location for the sale items, you can include more signage in smaller formats to impart more detailed information to help them make a decision.
How can SpeedPro help you with your seasonal graphics needs?
We offer a huge variety of large format printed options, ranging the whole gamut of signage types, materials, inks, colors, laminates and substrates.
- Custom Outdoor and indoor signs: Themed holiday and seasonal signage is a hallmark of these special times of the year. Customers instinctively search out traditional visual cues: People want to be guided to good opportunities. Take advantage of this by mixing and matching from a broad palette of possibilities to create eye-catching, memorable signage.
- Point-of-purchase displays: These specialized point-of-sale creations stand out like the pages of a pop-up book. We can help you design these miniature three-dimensional displays to feature one of your essential retail items (or menu items) for your seasonal promotions
- Illuminated signs: Shining bright day and night, our LED-lit signage solutions add a large measure of flair to your seasonal decorations. Aside from being big and bold, these signs have the added effect of showering the area around them with some of their colored lighting, which lends to your overall atmosphere.
- Holiday event tents: Who can miss these huge, billowing structures? When covered in colorful designs, including your logo and surrounded with other signage, banners and flags, event tents are an unbeatable way to generate enthusiasm among your visitors.
- Step-and-repeat banners: These special, oversize backdrops are superb marketing opportunities for your brand. Give guests a beautiful (or funny, or creepy!) background to take fun group photos for social media and include your logo, hashtags or QR codes as design elements.
- Corporate printing: This is a special package choice offered by SpeedPro that will create a wide selection of more often-used printed materials (decals, sales signage, point-of-purchase displays, brochures, posters and more) all branded and with a common design. You might consider getting this for year-round use as well as for all of your major seasonal occasions.
- Floor graphics and wall murals: Walls and floors are often some of the least-utilized space in many establishments. These are perfect spots to apply huge, colorful, laminated graphics.
- Flags: Flags signify importance and most people will gravitate their gaze toward them. Our flags come in a half-dozen shapes, including feather and teardrop—and are supported enough to maintain the readability of printed lettering.
- Window decals: Windows represent two opportunities for marketers. Allowing potential customers to get a firsthand view of what you have to offer is one. The other is as a solid material onto which you can place custom-shaped, glossy, laminated decals to help urge them through your doors.
- Banners: A highly portable, rollable option, banners give your tremendous flexibility in the size of your design. Most often a laminated vinyl, they are also highly durable and represent an excellent value.
- Digital signage: One of the most attention-grabbing options when it comes to signs is a colorful, bright, engaging screen that features lively moving images and text. With digital signs, marketers have every tool at their fingertips that sound and graphics can provide. Show product demos, ask your guests questions, suggest gift ideas and even feature interactive trivia games.
The sky is the limit when it comes to the variety of seasonal graphics, printed materials and even digital signage that SpeedPro can deliver for your brand. Holidays and seasonal occasions are perhaps the best times to show your customers just how unique your brand’s personality can be.
Throughout Chicago, business owners want to gain the attention of potential customers. This busy town has many companies in a range of industries, and setting yourself apart from the competition can prove challenging. What can you do to garner people’s attention and show them the value and precision you bring to your field? Deploying large-format printing solutions that tell your story can make a difference.
Discover Outstanding Large-Format Printing in Chicago
Great marketing draws attention and doesn’t let it go. Have you ever seen vans with full, partial or decal vehicle wraps driving around Chicago? You probably watched them go in and out of traffic for as long as you could see them. These are the type of bold, memorable graphics we can help you create.
As the country’s leading large-format printer, SpeedPro has earned the trust of clients who appreciate our thorough approach to every job. We want to help you reach your goals through a true partnership. You can trust us to listen to everything you have to say about our design efforts, and we’ll make adjustments based on your opinions. We treat you and your opinions with respect.
Arrange a Consultation With SpeedPro Chicago
Are you ready to get the graphics you need to take your business to the next level? We want to bring your message to life through one of our many graphic capabilities. Our well-made graphics bring new energy to your business’s marketing efforts and get you excited about what you have to offer potential customers.
Get in touch today to schedule an appointment or request a quote for your Chicago-area business. We look forward to helping you.