4 Ways to Use Decals Within Your BusinessSEPTEMBER 24, 2020| SpeedPro East Bay
Have you been looking for a way to freshen up your signage and graphics but you’re not entirely sure how to go about it? No worries, SpeedPro East Bay has been helping small businesses and large companies print and install decals on their windows, walls, vehicles, and floors for years.
SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM GRAPHICS?
We have a variety of different custom decal materials including removable, short-term, and long-term. Depending on where you choose to install your decals will help to determine which material you’ll want to use for your business.
Short-term graphics usually means that you want them installed for a year or less. Any longer than that then you’ll want to think about doing something a little more permanent. The short-term graphics are repositionable and can be used for daily or weekly promotions and sales. For window decals that require short-term use, window clings are a popular option. This comes in clear or white options and can easily be applied to the window and then removed. If placed properly on the backer sheet free from dirt or dust, it can be reused again. For walls, we have a temporary vinyl material that can be removed in less than a year’s time without damaging the paint underneath it.
On the other hand, long-term graphics will be almost permanent. Since these are longer-lasting, when used as window graphics, you’ll commonly see these as a logo, the company name, or store hours. On walls, you may see this as a large wall mural or to reinforce branding with your logo cut out as a decal in your entryway. Vehicle graphics are also longer-term graphics whether it’s cut vinyl lettering or a full vehicle wrap. The long-term graphic solutions will use a higher tac adhesive so they won’t be as easy to remove but you can still typically remove them in the future.
4 MOST COMMON DECAL OPTIONS
Here you’ll see the 4 most commonly used decal options which will help you to determine which solution is right for you.
1. FLOOR DECALS
Two things that you’ll need to consider when thinking about floor decals are will they be used indoors or will it be outdoors?
- Indoors: Floor decals are most commonly used indoors just because they’ll typically last longer. You can use these for advertising sales and promotions or for directional purposes. Placing arrows or markers on the floors, especially now during COVID-19 where social distancing is in effect, can be useful. You can even put your logo on a decal with an arrow and place it on the floor to help people find their way easier.
- Outdoors: When going outdoors, it can be a little trickier because of the changing weather conditions. You’ll most commonly see these installed onto the concrete outside of a storefront or at an outdoor event to direct traffic.
Whether indoors or outdoors, however, we’ll always use durable and slip-resistant laminates to ensure that your graphics will last longer and withstand the elements.
2. WALL DECALS
Walls decals are vinyl adhesives that can be custom cut to any shape or size. Although this material can be used on windows and vehicles too, it’s always a great way to spruce up a wall. Whether you’re decorating for seasonal purposes or advertising a new product, wall decals can be a fun way to do this differently.
This doesn’t have to just be limited to small sizes though. You can think outside of the box and incorporate full wall murals with textured decals or laminates. Make a great, big, impact, when you put a wall mural inside of your location.
3. WINDOW DECALS
There is a wide variety of options for window decals and since there are so many it can be difficult to choose. Here are some of the most common options:
- Clear Window Graphics: If you want to go for a more subtle approach with your graphics, then using see-through or clear graphics will be ideal. For example, maybe you have a product inside of your storefront that you want to highlight but not take away from. Instead, you could put clear see-through graphics to direct eyes to that product but also complement it. These types of graphics can also be temporarily and easily replaced when using a clear window cling.
- Contour Cut Lettering: This is the simplest form of window graphics whether you’re on a budget or don’t want to cover too much of your window space. They won’t block the visibility of inside and it can be as easy as printing and cutting your logo and store hours.
- Full Window Wraps: Window wraps are perfect for prime locations with lots of visibility. Maximize the eyes on your business by doing full window wraps advertising special events, sales, or your products in general. This can also help to improve brand awareness by incorporating your logo and custom colors all the way around. Rich and vibrant graphics on full-scale window wraps are sure to not be missed.
- Partial Window Wraps: This is the more popular version of window graphics because they don’t take up a lot of real estate on your windows. It still gives people the ability to see through the glass but it also allows you to have fun with graphics.
- Window Perforated Graphics: Depending on where you’re located, you may want a little bit more privacy. Or maybe you’re located in a place where the sun really beats down on you. This is where window perforated graphics are perfect. These graphics allow you to see outside but they block people from being able to see in. This material has tiny holes in it that allow for light to pass through without completely blocking your view outside.
4. VEHICLE DECALS
Get your brand seen by all eyes on the road with custom vehicle decals. There are a few different types of vehicles which include:
- Full Wraps: If you want the biggest bang for your buck, a full vehicle wrap will do exactly that. Get eyes on your vehicle everywhere you go whether on the freeway or parked in a parking lot. Full vehicle wraps have the best ROI rate when it comes to advertising because the cost per impression is so low and your visibility is at an all-time high. It’s even more effective than billboards as billboards don’t have the ability to move around the way a vehicle can.
- Partial Wraps: If a full wrap isn’t in your budget or you’re not ready to completely cover your vehicle, partial wraps are a great solution. You can wrap just the back or the sides and still be effective with the right graphics and info provided.
- Contour Cut Vinyl: This is if you want to just add a little flair to your vehicle without going all out. You can customize these graphics to have just your logo, phone number, and website to advertise your business. These can be either temporary or long-term permanent depending on what works for you.
SPEEDPRO EAST BAY AND YOUR DECALS
When it comes to floor, window, wall, and vehicle decals, we are the experts and ready to help. We can assist from design to production to installation to ensure that we meet your marketing goals. Whether you want full, partial, or cut vinyl graphics, we’ll help your brand be seen. To get started on your project today give us a call at 510.974.7389 or request a consultation.