What is a media consultation with SpeedPro East Bay?
With all of the different types of media that we have to offer, how can you possibly choose just one? When it comes to a marketing person’s role, signage can become the last part of the process. We want to make this as seamless as possible. For that reason, learning all of the different aspects that go into signage creation (substrates, inks, plotters, etc) can be time-consuming. To make things easier for you, we offer a few stages of media consultation to help kick off your project. These consultations include:
- Pre-Press: File set up and layout
- Graphic Design: File creation
- Project Consultation: Learning what your goals are and understanding how we can meet them.
During the pre-press step, our production specialist will ensure that the colors in your design will sync up with our printers. This involves in-house color management. Some printers convey colors differently and we aim to ensure that the colors in your signage will match your branding. We also will check to make sure that it’s set in the correct format, sized correctly, and high enough resolution to translate boldly to print. Next, we’ll create a digital proof for you to get confirmation of what the final product will look like. For larger projects where color is key, we will do sample color prints as well.
If you’re struggling with design concepts, SpeedPro East Bay can help with this. Create the ideal design for printing will require skill and an understanding of how the printing process works. Images will print differently based on materials, inks, and printers.
The final step which is project consultation involves 3 very important steps:
- Site Surveys: Our experts will come to your location to take measurements, sample materials, and analyze the area where the new signage will be placed. This helps us get ahead of any issues before production and installation begin.
- Project Management: We’ll make sure that the project goes smoothly from start to finish. Beginning with the site survey and design to print and installation.
- Material Selection: Because there are so many materials and products to choose to from, we’ll help you with the selection process. Based on what we find from the site survey we’ll be able to recommend the most suitable materials for you.
Other Ways Media Consultation Can Help
Our media consultation process will also with other aspects throughout the process. Here are just a few different things to consider when scheduling a media consultation:
- Outdoor or Indoor?: Determining whether your signage will go indoors or outdoors will help to decide which substrates and materials to use. Some are more durable in an interior setting rather than the exterior so we’ll need to know where you want it to go.
- Space Availability: Knowing how much space you have to play with will be important to how big you want your signage. Some types of signage and graphics look best in wide-open space, whereas other graphics may look better in a smaller area. This is where you’ll also factor in whether you’re placing it on windows, walls, floor, etc. Looking at the overall space you have will help to narrow down the options.
- Budget: How much do you have to spend on this project? Knowing this will be key to finding the best solution for you. We always want to give the best quality while also keeping within your budget.
- Brand Messaging: Finally, you’ll have to think about what the message is that you’re trying to convey. Are you welcoming people, helping people find their way with wayfinding, or are you just trying to liven up the space with some vibrant graphics? This is essential for placement because you’ll need to be strategic about this to meet your goal.
Additional Things to Think About
The above are key components to get you started, however, there are other factors to consider as well. When we do the site survey, some other important things that we’ll look out for include:
- Lighting: Lighting will be crucial when it comes to capturing your colors correctly. If the lighting is dim, you may need to either improve your lighting or consider a different location to place your signage. This means strategical placement to make use of the natural sunlight areas during the day or designing the signage to make it more vivid which will stand out no matter the situation.
- Contrast: Contrast is what makes your signage stand out from the rest with your dazzling design. Your graphics should always have the usual black/white colors and harmonious colors, but the design should highlight the main focal point to make sure it pops against the background.
- Readability: Readability is probably one of the things that are overlooked the most. You need to make sure the text is at the ideal size for the audience you are trying to reach. If the text is too large/small this could affect the overall design in a way you do not wish to intend.
SpeedProEastbay’s consultants and large format printing experts are within easy reach for anything your journey entails. We are here to help your media dreams become a reality.