What is a media consultation with SpeedPro East Bay?
With all of the different types of media that we have to offer, how can you possibly choose just one? When it comes to a marketing person’s role, often the signage can become the last part of the process and we want to make this as seamless as possible. For that reason, learning all of the different aspects that go into signage creation (substrates, inks, plotters, etc) can be time-consuming and a pain. To make things easier for you, we offer a few stages of media consultation to help kick-off your project. These consultations include:
- Pre-Press: File set up and layout
- Graphic Design: File creation
- Project Consultation: Learning what your goals are and understanding how we can meet them.
During the pre-press step, our production specialist will ensure that the colors in your design will sync up with our printers which involves in-house color management. Some printers convey colors differently and we aim to ensure that the colors in your signage will match your remaining branding. We also will check to make sure that it set in the correct format, sized correctly, and that it’s at a high enough resolution that will translate boldly to print. Next, we’ll create a digital proof for you to get confirmation that you’re happy with what the final product will look like. For larger projects where color is key, we will do sample color prints as well.
If you’re struggling with design concepts, SpeedPro East Bay can help with this. Create the ideal design for printing will require skill and an understanding of how the printing process works. Images will print differently based on materials, inks, and printers.
The final step which is project consultation involves 3 very important steps:
- Site Surveys: Our experts will come to your location to take measurements, sample materials, and analyze the area where the new signage will be placed. This helps us get ahead of any issues before production and installation begins.
- Project Management: We’ll make sure that project goes smoothly from start to finish. Beginning with the site survey and design to print and installation.
- Material Selection: Because there are so many materials and products to choose to from, we’ll help you with the selection process. Based on what we find from the site survey we’ll be able to easily recommend the most suitable materials for you and your marketing goals.
Other Ways Media Consultation Can Help
Our media consultation process will also with other aspects throughout the process. Here are just a few different things to consider when scheduling a media consultation:
- Outdoor or Indoor?: Determining whether your signage will go indoors or outdoors will help to decide which substrates and materials to use. Some are more durable in an interior setting rather than the exterior so we’ll need to know where you want it to go.
- Space Availability: Knowing how much space you have to play with will be important to how big you want your signage. Some types of signage and graphics look best in wide-open space, whereas other graphics may look better in a smaller area. This is where you’ll also factor in whether you’re placing it on windows, walls, floor, etc. Looking at the overall space you have will help to narrow down the options.
- Budget: How much do you have to spend on this project? Knowing this will be a key to finding the best solution for you. We always want to give the best quality while also keeping within your budget.
- Brand Messaging: Finally, you’ll have to think about what the message is that you’re trying to convey. Are you welcoming people, helping people find their way with wayfinding, or are you just trying to liven up the space with some vibrant graphics? This is essential for placement because you’ll need to be strategic about this to meet your goal.
Additional Things to Think About
The above are key components to get you started, however, there are other factors to consider as well. When we do the site survey, some other important things that we’ll look out for include:
- Lighting: Lighting will be crucial when it comes to capturing your colors correctly. If the lighting is dim, you may need to either improve your lighting or consider a different location to place your signage. T
- Lighting— your signage needs to be well lit both for its location in your space and for the times of day in which you want it to be seen. This could mean situating it near natural light sources to take advantage of daylight or creating digital signage that is vibrant and noticeable at all times.
- Contrast — contrast is what creates that “eye-catching” appearance in your sign’s design. Not only should the graphics on your signage take advantage of light/dark colors and complementary colors, but the sign itself should have an overarching design that helps it stand out from whatever background it is placed against.
- Readability — the content of your sign needs to be sized properly so that it can be easily read and understood. Text that is too small may be too difficult to read at the distance where the message you want to get across is most effective, while text that is too large can distract from the message or make it impossible for someone to take in all at once.
SpeedPro’s consultants and large format printing experts are available along every step of your journey. Helping you deliver a successful media campaign is a measure of our success, and we take it very seriously. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us when you are ready to dive in.