3 Types of Open Signage to Let People Know You’re OpenJULY 8, 2020| SpeedPro Greenville
Businesses all over the Upstate are reopening their doors and inviting customers inside. If you’ve previously closed your doors due to the pandemic or renovations, let your customers know that you’re back open for business. Of course, your customers will want to know if your business hours or capacity numbers have changed as well.
Taking advantage of creative signage options to let your customer know what they need to know before entering the building will be most beneficial to your customer satisfaction. If masks or temperature checks are required, let your customer know before they reach the door.
In addition to adding window graphics to your storefront to provide the information, other forms of outdoor signage are available. Let people know you’re open by advertising with one or a couple different types of outdoor signage.
Many different types of banners exist, but in this case, we’re talking about hanging banners and flag banners. These are great for open signage.
These banners are easy to use and store, and they’re also a great way to give information to potential and regular customers. Some of the benefits of banners include:
- Easy Storage: Banners easily fold down into packable sizes. Most flag banners can be slid off the pole and stored separately.
- Reusable: Depending on the design of the banner, the banner can be reused annually or monthly, however often you’d like.
- Eye-Catching: Most banners are large enough to be seen from the road. Similarly, their bright coloring and design draws attention to passersby.
- Versatile: Banners can be hung in many places – the outside wall of your building, fences or by the road, to name a few.
Most banners should be relatively easy to install. SpeedPro Greenville’s banners come with grommets already in the banner. All you have to do is decide where to hang the banner and what to hang it with.
In order to have a successful banner, you need to have a good design and message. Here are a few things to think about as you go through the design process.
- Color: You want your display to catch the eye of passersby, and one way to do so is to design your banner with a color that will stand out from its surroundings. Even white banners are effective in the right place.
- Font: Choose a font that is easy to read at a glance. This may seem like common sense, but sometimes an attractive font is difficult to read quickly, and from a distance. Choose wisely, and remember to make the font size large enough.
- Design: Your banner’s purpose determines the design you print. If you simply want to show that you’re open, the words “we’re open” should do the trick. Now, we’re not discouraging you from adding more design elements, but try to keep the design from being cluttered by too many elements. However, the text and design on flag banners should be kept as simple as possible, as the square footage is smaller and more narrow.
No matter the design, you want your banner to tell the right message. We suggest keeping it simple.
Yard signs are a popular choice when advertising temporary messages like new hours or grand openings. The signs are easily made and can be designed with any number of branded messages and graphics. There are also quite a few benefits to investing in the use of yard signs:
- Easy to Place: Yard signs are extremely easy to place compared to hanging a banner or placing adhesive on a window or wall. All you need is the sign and its stand. Because of the ease with which you can install these mini signs, you can knock out a stack of them in no time.
- Portability: One of the top benefits of yard signs is their ability to be carried, installed and repositioned with ease. Say you placed a sign on a less trafficked road. Simply go the sign, pull it out of the ground, and place it in a more trafficked area. The portability and quantity of yard signs allows you to reach your customer base in more places than one.
- Eye-catching: Any signage should be eye-catching. Although yard signs are relatively low to the ground, they still draw attention if the design is good. Use attention grabbing colors, graphics and text in your designs.
- Affordable: Yard signs are relatively inexpensive and can be mass-produced. Buy in bulk and quickly distribute the signs around your community to get the word out quick.
As you work on designs, remember to keep the designs simple and use big letters for good readability. We suggest going double sided so you get coverage on both incoming and outgoing traffic.
These short, double-sided sandwich boards are very useful in areas with heavy foot traffic such as downtown strips or shopping centers. These boards can be used both indoors and outdoors, and can be used many times over.
Some benefits of using a sandwich board as open signage are:
- Reusable: Most sandwich boards are double sided with an empty slot for a printed insert on each side. These inserts can easily be replaced with another message later. Some sandwich boards come with a dry-erase or chalkboard feature, allowing for hand writing your messages.
- Obvious: With a sandwich board placed in the right spot, people will undoubtedly notice it. Outdoor sandwich boards often sit in the middle of a walkway or right outside a storefront, garnering much attention from those walking by.
- Informational: Because sandwich boards often target those who are walking, you have more freedom to write more on the board or print more information on your insert. Sandwich boards also tend to be more personalized in their content.
The design of the sandwich board has a little more freedom, but the same general principles apply: make it readable and communicate your message and brand.
Make sure your customers know that your business is open with some open signage.
At SpeedPro Greenville, we print custom signs to meet your marketing needs. Help us help you get the word out with a package of yard signs or a huge banner. Don’t miss out on the marketing opportunity.
Call SpeedPro Greenville today for a quote or to talk to a designer.Back to Blog