BUYER’S GUIDE TO RETRACTABLE BANNER STANDSNOVEMBER 8, 2019| SpeedPro Innovations
BUYER’S GUIDE TO RETRACTABLE BANNER STANDS
MARCH 6, 2019| SpeedPro
Whether you’re at a trade show or in your own office, banners can be an excellent way of sharing your message. Since banners are made from flexible, lightweight materials like vinyl, fabric or polyester, they need to be stretched to display your message. Banner stands provide an excellent solution for displaying your banner easily and professionally. All banner stand types, including retractable, telescopic and spring-back, offer their own advantages, but retractable banner stands, in particular, are a popular option for the distinct advantages they afford.
In this banner stand display buyer guide, we’ll focus on what a retractable banner stand is, what benefits it offers and what product options are available from SpeedPro. With a variety of sizes, features and quality levels, you can find the perfect banner stand that looks and functions how you want and is within your budget.
RETRACTABLE BANNER STAND BASICS
A retractable banner stand includes a spring-like mechanism in the base of the stand which causes the banner to roll up around a roller in the base when it’s not in use. Retractable banner stands are also sometimes called roll-up banner stands because of this feature. In this way, a retractable banner stand functions similarly to a projector screen.
The banner is attached to the roller on the bottom and is slid into a crossbar on the top which keeps the banner from being lost in the roller. When you want to display the banner, you simply pull the top crossbar to unroll it. A support pole holds the banner in place.
BENEFITS OF RETRACTABLE BANNER STANDS
Some special benefits to using retractable banner stands to display your banners include the following:
- Easy assembly and disassembly: When you arrive at a trade show or event, you want to get your booth set up quickly so you’re ready to start making an impression. Retractable banner stands make setup a quick and easy process. When it’s time to disassemble your booth, you’ll have no trouble taking down your retractable banner stands.
- Safe shipping: If you need to ship your banners somewhere, you can rest assured that they will be protected within the base of the retractable banner stand. If the stands are kept in cases, then they will be even more protected. Since they’re neatly rolled up, you won’t get any creases or wrinkles on the banners.
- Affordability: Banners displayed with retractable banner stands are relatively inexpensive, especially compared to other types of freestanding displays. If you’re working within a tight budget, you can choose to purchase economy-grade stands that are especially affordable. If you want your stands to last a long time, however, you may save money in the long run by initially spending more on higher-grade models.
- Portability: The way retractable banner stands allow banners to collapse neatly into a protective base makes them especially portable. By purchasing a retractable banner stand that comes with a carrying case, you can take them from trade show to trade show or event to event even more easily.
- Protection for your banner: Since banners retract into the base of a retractable banner stand, they remain protected from any possible damage or even dust while in storage. You can expect your banner to stay in excellent condition and to look like new when you unroll it for your next event.
- Adjustability: Unlike other types of banner stands, retractable banner stands allow you to adjust the height of your display and the amount of the banner showing. In most cases, you’ll want to display your whole banner, but you have the option of only showing the portion you want and finding the perfect eye level for your banner.
SpeedPro offers retractable banner stands that fall within three ranges of quality. Economy models are the most affordable and will still look great at your next event. Note, however, that these budget-friendly models are better suited to temporary or one-time use than long-term, repeated use. These models are still made from quality materials and come with a 90-day hardware warranty. They just aren’t designed for heavy wear or to last a long time.
Because they offer a lower price point, economy models of retractable banner stands are a good option to consider if you need a large quantity of banner stands for your next event and don’t need your stands to be durable enough to hold up to a lot of travel. Let’s look at the economy models SpeedPro has to choose from:
1. DRAGON FLY
Dragon Fly is the only double-sided banner stand available as an economy model. This means it can accommodate two banners facing in opposite directions. It’s comprised of a sturdy, silver base with swivel feet and a bungee pole. This stand is made to hold a graphic that is 33.25″ wide and 78.75″ tall. The stand comes with a carrying bag for easy transport.
2. MOSQUITO SERIES
Mosquito models, except for the Mosquito Giant, are all economy options. While each Mosquito model varies in width and other details, all Mosquito models offer reliable construction, versatility and portability. They feature a bungee pole that is secured within a stable base. All models are just under 83″ tall and are made to display a graphic of 78.5″ in height. The exception to this is the Mosquito 400, which is shorter. All models come with a basic carrying bag. The width of the graphic is listed in millimeters in the model name. The various Mosquito models include:
- Mosquito 400: This versatile model has a pole that can be adjusted to your desired height at intervals from 15.25″ to 62.5″. The base is silver with grey end caps and features a swivel foot that makes it stable.
- Mosquito 600: This model offers nearly the same specs as the Mosquito 400 but is made to display a larger graphic.
- Mosquito 800: This stand is silver with black end caps. You can select either silver or black for the base. Two swivel feet make this model extra stable.
- Mosquito Lite: This model is made to be especially lightweight at just six pounds, or seven with a graphic added. Otherwise, it shares the same specs as the Mosquito 800.
- Mosquito 850: The Mosquito 850 features a large, silver base with grey end caps and two swivel feet.
- Mosquito Arctic 850: This new model offers the same specs as the Mosquito 850, but it features a white, plastic base with matching white end caps. Because it’s made of plastic, it’s extra lightweight at just four pounds or five with the graphic.
- Mosquito 1200: The Mosquito 1200 features a silver base with black end caps.
- Mosquito 1500: The Mosquito 1500 is the largest economy model available with a silver base that is 60″ wide.
- Giant Mosquito: This one is technically part of the standard lineup rather than economy because of its large size, but we’ll include it here with the rest of the Mosquito series. It adjusts to display a graphic that is 36″ wide and anywhere from 68″ to 122″ tall.
3. PHOENIX MODELS
Phoenix banners come in three options, all of which feature a silver base and come with a carry bag. The Phoenix series is a good option to consider if you want lightweight, budget-friendly stands that look sleek and offer plenty of versatility. There are three types of Phoenix models to choose from:
- Phoenix: With a silver base and dark gray end caps on swivel feet, the Phoenix is made to securely hold a banner that is 79″ high and 33.5″ wide.
- Phoenix Mini: The Phoenix Mini looks like a miniature version of the Phoenix. It’s a tabletop banner that is made to hold a graphic 15.5″ wide. Height can be adjusted to either 15.75″ or 31.5″.
- Phoenix Mini Full Height: The Phoenix Mini Full Height model is especially versatile because it can be used as either a tabletop display or a floor display. Like the Phoenix Mini, it’s made to hold graphics 15.5″ wide, but the height can be adjusted to 16.5″, 31.5″, 47.25″ or 63″.
4. BREEZE MODELS
Breeze models are affordable tabletop retractable banner stands perfect for smaller displays. You can choose from two options, which both come in silver:
- Breeze 1: The Breeze 1 is made to hold a banner that is 8.375″ wide and 11.75″ tall, making it a great option for small tabletop signs.
- Breeze 2: The Breeze 2 is a bit larger at 11″x19″, made to hold a graphic 11″ wide and 17″ tall.
5. STELLAR MODELS
Steller models are also affordable tabletop retractable banner stands. They are made of lightweight, white plastic. The two options include:
- Stellar Letter: This tabletop stand is made to hold an 8.5″x11″ graphic, the standard letter size.
- Stellar Tabloid: This tabletop stand holds a graphic that is 11″x17″, another standard size.
Standard options offer a great combination of both quality and affordability. In most cases, these models come with a lifetime warranty, so you can be sure they are durable enough to use over and over again. Since SpeedPro offers a total of 26 models to choose from in this mid-range category, you’ll have no trouble finding an option that matches the look and size you need.
Let’s look at the options you have to choose from:
1. THE BLADE LITE SERIES
All Blade Lite models are comprised of a silver weighted base with chrome finish end caps and adjustable leveling feet along with a toolless quick rail and hybrid bungee/telescoping pole. They also come with a carry bag that features foam padding on the inside to provide extra protection. All options except the Blade Lite 400 offer variable height options from 60″ to 83.25″. The only real difference from model to model is the graphic width it is made to accommodate. Here are the options:
- Blade Lite 400: This is the only non-adjustable option. It displays a graphic that is 15.75″ wide and 69.375″ tall.
- Blade Lite 600: The 600 holds a banner that is 23.5″ wide.
- Blade Lite 800: This option is designed for a graphic 31.5″ wide.
- Blade Lite 850: This model is made for a 33.5″ wide banner.
- Blade Lite 920: The 920 displays a graphic 36″ wide.
- Blade Lite 1000: This model is designed for a graphic that is 39.25″ wide.
- Blade Lite 1200: This option holds a banner with a width of 47.25″.
- Blade Lite 1500: The largest option, the 1500 displays a graphic that is 59″ wide.
The Rollup retractable banner stand is a new product offering from SpeedPro. It’s made to last and to look sleek and stylish. It features a durable, black metal base with adjustable feet and a three-piece bungee pole. The stand comes in a padded carrying case and is made to display a banner that is 32.9″x87.4″.
3. ORIENT SERIES
The Orient series offers some great mid-range options. They include sturdy bases with adjustable feet and molded end caps for durability as well as a hybrid bungee/telescoping pole with a toolless quick rail. They also come with a padded bag for easy carrying. All Orient models are made to accommodate an adjustable graphic height of 60″ to 83.25″.
- Orient 800: This model comes in both silver and black and holds a graphic 31.5″ wide.
- Orient 800 Double Sided: This model offers the same specs as the Orient 800, but it only comes in silver and is made to hold two banners back-to-back.
- Orient 850: This model is available in silver and black. It is made to display a graphic that is 33.5″ wide.
- Orient Organic 850: This model is the same size as the Orient 850, but it features an attractive maple woodgrain finish and plastic end caps.
- Orient 920: The 920 model holds a 35.5″-wide banner. It comes in both silver and black
- Orient 920 Double Sided: This model looks like the Orient 920, but it is made to display back-to-back banners for a double-sided effect. It comes only in silver.
- Orient 1000: This is the largest Orient model available. It comes in silver and black finishes and is made to accommodate a graphic that is 39.25″ wide.
4. PACIFIC SERIES
Pacific retractable banner stands feature a silver base with a swivel foot and molded end caps along with a three-piece bungee pole. They also come with a carrying bag. All three models are made to display a graphic that is 83.75″ tall, but each offers different options for width. These options include:
- Pacific 800: This model is designed to hold a 31.5″ wide banner.
- Pacific 920: The 920 is made for a graphic that is 35.5″ wide.
- Pacific 1000: The largest option is for a 39.25″ wide banner.
5. CONTENDER MODELS
Contender banner stands feature a black base with a swivel foot and a three-piece bungee pole with an optional fourth pole for additional height. The standard graphic height is 77.5″, and with the extension, it is 105″. The Contender stands come with a carrying bag. The models feature different width options, which include:
- Contender Mini: The Contender Mini comes in silver and black and is made to hold a 23.5″ wide banner.
- Contender Standard: The Contender Standard is made to hold a banner that is 29.5″ wide. You can select silver or black.
- Contender Mega: The Contender Mega comes in silver and black and can display a graphic that is 35.5″ wide.
- Contender Monster: The Contender Monster is especially large. It comes in black and can hold a banner that is 47.5″ wide.
The Elevate retractable banner stand features a black aluminum base with adjustable feet and chrome end caps. You can access the roller through a flip-top lid with a removable self-locking roller mechanism. It can display a graphic that is 33.25″ wide. The four-piece telescopic pole can adjust from 30.75″ up to 95.25″. The Elevate model comes with a five-year warranty.
Merlin is a new model, which comes with a one-year warranty. It’s a cassette retractable banner stand, so graphics are stored in their own cassettes which can be inserted into the banner stand. This means you can trade out the image whenever you need to. The base is silver with black end caps and features a hybrid bungee/ telescoping pole with a toolless quick rail. It displays a 33.5″ wide graphic that can be adjusted from 61.5″ to 87″ tall.
Premium models are more costly, but they appear high-end, are made from stronger metal and feature higher-quality internal mechanisms, which means they can be used heavily. Premium reusable retractable banner stands come with a lifetime warranty. They also come with more durable carrying cases that will stand up to plenty of travel.
Here are the premium options:
1. IMAGINE MODELS
The Imagine series is made to accommodate a variable banner height from 30.5″ to 83.35″. The slick design includes a telescopic pole and a place to store it within the base, as well as a graphic tensioner. This model allows for various customizations, including an accessory channel and branding in the slide-in graphic channel at the base of the stand. Imagine models come with a high-quality EVA carrying bag. Width options include:
- Imagine 800: Accommodates a graphic that is 31.5″ wide.
- Imagine 850: Displays a graphic that is 33.5″.
2. BARRACUDA SERIES
The Barracuda series comes with a silver base with adjustable feet as well as a hybrid bungee/telescoping pole with a toolless quick rail and a graphic tensioner. The height adjusts from 60″ to 83″. Like the Imagine models, Barracuda models offer the same customization in a graphic channel and accessory channel. These models also come with a bag.
- Barracuda 600: This model displays a 23.5″ wide graphic.
- Barracuda 800: This model is made for a graphic that is 31.5″ wide.
- Barracuda 850: The 850 model is made for a 33.5″ wide banner.
- Barracuda 920: This model accommodates a graphic that is 35.5″ wide.
- Barracuda 1200: The largest Barracuda option, this model is designed to display a banner that is 47.25″ wide.
Advance is a cassette banner stand that can be single or double-sided. It consists of a silver base with a telescopic pole and a place for pole storage in the base. It also includes a graphic tensioner, accessory channel and slide-in graphic channel at the base. It comes with a premium EVA bag. The Advance holds a banner that is 31.5″ wide. Height can be adjusted from 29.5″ to 83.35″.
Revolution is made from lightweight but durable white plastic for a sleek appearance. The base has adjustable feet, and the stand features a graphic tensioner, bungee/telescoping pole and toolless quick rail. The Revolution can accommodate a graphic that is 33.5″ wide and can adjust from 61.5″ to 86.5″ tall.
PARTNER WITH SPEEDPRO FOR RETRACTABLE BANNER STANDS AND BANNERS
At SpeedPro, we offer a variety of retractable banner stand options so our customers can find the exact solution that meets their needs. Of course, no banner stand is complete without a banner to display. Find a SpeedPro studio near you to begin the process of creating eye-catching banners with the highest-quality materials, backed by the expertise of our designers and printers.