Speedpro Irving is on the cusp of our 15th year of business, and we’ve gained a lot of valuable insight over that time. We’ve recognized how important sustainability and eco-friendliness are in the industry and have been lucky enough to garner relationships with commercial interior design agencies that have helped us realize the importance of sustainability not only in the construction of the core but throughout the whole interior design process. Because of this, we have invested in making our entire production line capable of producing 100% GREENGUARD Gold certified products as of the 4th quarter of 2019.
What is GREENGUARD Gold Certification?
The new standard for sustainability has been set with Underwriters Laboratories’ (UL) GREENGUARD Gold certification. When a product is certified by UL, it means that it has been tested to meet emission standards for chemical exposure and pollutants such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These types of pollutants can cause many different short and long-term health problems if exposed to them for a long enough amount of time, so having GREENGUARD Gold certified products is crucial for creating a healthy indoor space. You can learn more about GREENGUARD Gold certification here http://greenguard.org/en/about/about_pressRoom/about_newsletters/07-21-09-newsletter.aspx
Examples of Our Sustainable Products
- 3M Envision Print Wrap Film
- This product was the world’s first non-PVC wrap film to be released to the market. PVC is the plastic that vinyl has traditionally been made with and is one of the most environmentally damaging plastics in existence. The Envision series helps you stay sustainable and high performing. You can learn more about Envision Print Wrap Film here https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/graphics-signage-us/envision-wrap-films/
- A great alternative to conventional foam boards is Falconboard. This type of media board is 100% recyclable and is made from primarily renewable forest resources. It’s even certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) that indicates a product’s use of renewable virgin and post-consumer recycled fibers. You can learn more about Falconboard here https://www.packagingcorp.com/falconboard
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified Inks
- Speedpro Irving has made investments to make sure all of our industrial printers are capable of printing with GREENGUARD Gold Certified inks. These inks contain the lowest amounts of VOC’s and help continue our mission of being sustainable.