What is media consultation with SpeedPro?
Sometimes a marketer simply has too much to do for the amount of bandwidth in their day. Usually signage—SpeedPro’s specialty—is only a small part of what a given company’s marketing department needs to handle. Knowing all of the ins and outs of large format printing and all of the many types of signage—from soft to rigid, substrates to mediums, inks to plotters and everything in-between—is more than enough for a full-time job on its own.
There are several stages to media consultation that SpeedPro can offer you when the time comes to kick-off your large format printing project:
- Electronic pre-press
- Graphic Design
- Project Consultation
For large format print projects, pre-press generally involves a couple of steps. During the pre-flighting step, SpeedPro’s team of printing specialists work to sync up colors between your design and our in-house color management system, check for the right format, resolution and include all of the right fonts and printing effects. In the next phase, we create a proof of your product that will be your initial sample of what your final product can look like.
If you need some tips or even direct suggestions on your designs, SpeedPro’s experts can help with that, as well. Printing is a mixture of art and science. Your designers may be excellent artists, but it also requires a deep understanding of the printing process and all of the materials behind it, from inks to substrates, in order to end up with a beautiful final product.
Overall project consultation is perhaps the biggest phase. A printing project consultation with SpeedPro generally has three steps:
- Project management: We can help you with organizing and running your project from start to finish.
- Site surveys: SpeedPro experts are available to help you analyze the location(s) where your will be using your new signage and marketing materials.
- Product recommendations: Based on your goals and results of the site survey, SpeedPro consultants will be able to give you great recommendations on what the best products may be for you to use in order to achieve your goals.
How else can media consultation help you?
A SpeedPro consultant will be able to suggest the most appropriate signage types for you to use based on a number of different factors, such as:
- Budget— what do you have to spend vs. what do you need to spend?
- Area, where signage will be placed/mounted — you can use different products on a wall vs. a floor or a window.
- Available space — Some products look best in a wide-open area vs. more enclosed areas.
- Your sign’s message — a specific appearance may be called for if you are creating directional and wayfinding signage vs. marketing signage.
- Indoor/Outdoor — some substrates are better suited for exterior locations.
- Weather conditions (if outdoor) — you will want high durability if there is a lot of rain.
- Building location (if indoor) — some signage materials look best in a lobby vs. in a hallway.
While the above are suggestions that a consultant can help you with based on your overall needs, the results of your site survey will lead to a few other important insights that you can use to optimize the effectiveness of your signage. These observations can include:
- Lighting— your signage needs to be well lit both for its location in your space and for the times of day in which you want it to be seen. This could mean situating it near natural light sources to take advantage of daylight or creating digital signage that is vibrant and noticeable at all times.
- Contrast — contrast is what creates that “eye-catching” appearance in your sign’s design. Not only should the graphics on your signage take advantage of light/dark colors and complementary colors, but the sign itself should have an overarching design that helps it stand out from whatever background it is placed against.
- Readability — the content of your sign needs to be sized properly so that it can be easily read and understood. Text that is too small may be too difficult to read at the distance where the message you want to get across is most effective, while text that is too large can distract from the message or make it impossible for someone to take in all at once.
- Placement — every bit of signage that you plan on using has its own purpose, and a sign’s purpose is tied directly to the audience that you want to see it. Signs need to be situated correctly in order to be seen by your various intended audiences, whether that be foot traffic, drivers on a highway, or customers perusing the furnishings department that you want to advertise a footwear sale to.
SpeedPro’s consultants and large format printing experts are available along every step of your journey. Helping you deliver a successful media campaign is a measure of our success, and we take it very seriously. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us when you are ready to dive in.
PARTNER WITH SPEEDPRO NW RALEIGH FOR ALL OF YOUR LARGE-FORMAT PRINTING NEEDS.
Speedpro Northwest Raleigh is the leader in large format printing of graphics and signs for promotional and advertising purposes. We specialize in finding creative solutions to help you achieve your marketing and branding goals. You only get one chance to make a first impression and we can help you make it a great one. Speedpro offers complete design, large format printing, and installation services.
We offer interior office signs, wall murals and art reproduction prints that will enhance your décor and let customers who walk into your office know that you are a professional company worthy of their business. Our trade show display graphics, window graphics and vehicle wraps help you to standout and make a visual impression that will capture new prospects and fuel future growth for your business. We also offer a variety of Retail Graphic Displays, banners, posters, event graphics and banner stands. At SpeedPro, we understand what your brand means to you, and we are here to print solutions that promote your brand and enhance your decor. We are your local source for large format graphics and signs.
OUR WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF
Our primary goal is to make your business pop. We work to make you stand out from the competition and achieve your business growth goals. We want you to rise above the pack and we are willing to do the work and help make that happen. As consultants in the large-format print industry, our goal is an ongoing relationship, allowing us to work alongside your team to meet the challenges of tomorrow. We work diligently to add value, provide better solutions and deliver the highest quality graphic prints. Look through our Portfolio and discover our commitment to quality, value and service.
VISIT OUR STUDIO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SPEEDPRO’S GRAPHICS AND SIGNS.
Located in Wake County, NC in the Heart of the Triangle (I40 and Aviation Parkway), SpeedPro Northwest Raleigh serves clients throughout Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham, Johnston and surrounding counties. While the local businesses we serve are in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Morrisville, Research Triangle Park, and Chapel Hill, we also serve many businesses throughout North Carolina, the United States, Europe and other global locations. Our team is always ready to listen and offer insight into your next large format print project. Entrust your large format digital graphics needs to the leader in custom sign and graphics printing – SpeedPro NW Raleigh. Call today and see how we can help you with your next project. 855.451.9734