Outdoor Retail Signage
When potential customers interact with your business for the first time, what do they encounter before anything else? It’s not your top-notch products, your friendly employees or your unbeatable pricing — it’s your outdoor signage. For brick and mortar retailers, outdoor signs are often the first impression a customer gets of a business. Whether your outdoor retail signs are clear and clever or outdated and confusing, they send a message about your brand and what your business has to offer.
Use Storefront Signs to Promote Your Brand and Grow Your Business
Attractive and eye-catching storefront signs put your business’s best foot forward and help your shop get noticed by people walking or driving by. Outdoor retail signs can even inspire new customers to enter your store for the first time. According to a survey by the Sign Research Foundation, 33% of shoppers have tried an unfamiliar store simply because of its high-quality signs.
In a crowded retail market, effective outdoor signs can boost foot traffic, build brand recognition, increase sales and win new customers. Here are a few ways to use storefront signs to benefit your business:
- Attract more customers: Outdoor signage captures the attention of potential customers driving or walking past your store and invites them inside to browse your products.
- Express your brand values: Custom outdoor retail signs express your brand’s personality and values. When customers are attracted to your style or message, they’ll be excited to visit your store.
- Promote new products: Flashy and bright outdoor signage builds interest in new products by highlighting their unique features and benefits.
- Advertise sales and specials: Boost customer participation in sales and offers by promoting these events with outdoor signage. When customers are drawn into your store by a special deal, they may end up purchasing additional products or even becoming a regular customer.
Attention-grabbing outdoor retail signage can give you a leg up on your competition. Whether you want to promote a popular product or advertise the opening of a new store location, you can find all of the outdoor signage you need at SpeedPro. When you choose bold and striking outdoor retail signs from SpeedPro, your business is sure to get noticed.
Types of Outdoor Retail Signs
Outdoor retail signage comes in many different forms — from temporary sidewalk signs promoting sales and special offers to permanent window graphics featuring your business name and logo. Businesses can use large banners to grab the attention of customers driving by or small flags to catch the eye of pedestrian shoppers. With various sizes, styles and designs available for outdoor signs, the options for promotional exterior signage are almost limitless.
The right outdoor signage for your business will depend on where your store is located and the message you want to convey. Here are the primary types of outdoor retail signs and how you can best use them to promote your business.
1. Retail Window Graphics
Retail window signs are an effective way to brand your business, advertise a sale or highlight what makes your company unique. Window graphics can feature the name of your business in big and bold letters or promote a special offer like a clearance sale on summer dresses or a buy-one-get-one deal on video games.
Use retail window graphics to advertise what makes your business unique, like selling the freshest produce in town or offering high-end fashion pieces that customers can’t find anywhere else. You can even use temporary retail window stickers to promote your business’s social media channels or encourage customers to engage with your online campaigns.
As a type of environmental graphics, large retail window graphics can truly transform the outside of your store and express the unique style of your business. Custom retail window clings can even be designed to match the exact colors, font and logo of your brand. Paired with outdoor floor graphics or sidewalk displays, retail window stickers will give customers a sense of what your business is about before they even set foot inside.
Instead of investing in costly architectural renovations or re-painting your building, you can add affordable window graphics to give your shop a new look. Because window decals are available in temporary options, you can change your retail window signage frequently to keep your storefront looking fresh.
Retail window graphics from SpeedPro come in several different styles to suit your business’s need:
- Permanent or temporary: Retail window signs are available for both short-term and long-term use. Permanent retail window graphics can display your business name, logo, brand motto and the hours your store is open. Made with higher-tac stick formulas, permanent window graphics offer long-term durability and use. Temporary window graphics are perfect for advertising a new product or promoting a seasonal sale or weekly deal. Short-term retail window stickers are designed for easy installation and removal for temporary use.
- First surface or second surface: Retail window clings can be designed to adhere to the inside or outside of your shop windows. First surface window graphics can be easily mounted on the outside of your windows and do not require transparent base substrates. Second surface window graphics adhere to the inside of your store windows but face outward. Because they’re not exposed to the elements, second surface retail window decals tend to last longer without fading or discoloration.
- Large or small: Retail window signs are available in virtually any size, from expansive floor-to-ceiling images to small logos or text. Cover your storefront windows with a large advertisement or use smaller window decals for intricate designs, shapes or font. When you’re choosing the right size for your retail window graphics, consider your target audience. If customers will be viewing your sign from far away, such as while driving, make sure the fonts and images are large enough to see and read clearly.
Retail window graphics are particularly effective for businesses located in areas with a lot of foot traffic, such as downtown in a city or in a strip mall. As pedestrians pass by your store, they’ll be drawn inside by your eye-catching window graphics and promotional signs.
2. Outdoor Wall Graphics
If your storefront has a lot of empty exterior wall space, fill that space with bright and bold wall graphics. Outdoor wall graphics, or building graphics, are similar to window graphics but can be applied directly to the outside of your building. Durable even in rain, snow and sunshine, building graphics make for a long-lasting and unique marketing technique.
Customers will be attracted to interesting exterior wall graphics featuring popular products, new items or a special sale. Outdoor wall graphics can also be placed on the back or side of your building to encourage customers to come inside. As customers stroll down city streets, your creative wall graphics will grab their attention and interest.
Building graphics from SpeedPro are designed for lasting durability and can adhere securely to concrete, brick, textured walls and other rough outdoor surfaces. You can choose between matte, semi-gloss or gloss finishes for an eye-catching shine or a sophisticated and simple design.
3. Retail Sidewalk Signs
A-frame sidewalk signs are a great option for businesses located on busy streets or in outdoor shopping centers. Retail A-frame sidewalk signs can be placed right under your customers’ noses, making them impossible to miss. Sidewalk signs can feature daily specials, advertise for holiday sales or promote your most popular items. Retail sidewalk signs can also be used to direct foot traffic to your store if your entrance is not plainly visible from the street, such as shops located down an alley or around the corner.
Available in several different shapes and sizes, retail sidewalk signs can be used on crowded streets or in wide open shopping plazas. Retail A-frame signs can be made of various materials, including wood, metal, plastic and fabric. Depending on the type and construction of your sidewalk signs, you may be able to reuse them for years to come.
Sidewalk signs are a flexible and cost-effective advertising solution. A-frame signs can be placed outside when needed and then stored easily when not in use. After you purchase the frame for your sign, you can easily and affordably change the message inside as often as you like. When you partner with SpeedPro for your sidewalk advertising signage, we can design beautiful and eye-catching custom graphics for your retail A-frame signs. SpeedPro also offers short lead times, so you can get your message out faster.
4. Outdoor Floor Graphics
Floor graphics are another option for creative sidewalk advertising signage that retailers can use to direct foot traffic into their business. Because they’re placed in an unexpected location — right under your customers’ feet — outdoor floor graphics are attention-grabbing and effective. A recent survey of more 275 sign companies revealed that these solutions are on the rise, with floor graphics seeing the largest growth among services offered by sign companies.
Your business can tap into this growing trend by using vinyl floor graphics to promote special offers or encourage customers to check out new products on your shelves. Branded outdoor floor graphics can promote your store’s social media platforms or share your business’s values. When stores are located off the beaten path, floor graphics can also serve as directional signage to help customers discover a shop.
Durable floor graphics designed for outdoor use can be applied directly to the sidewalk outside your business. Outdoor floor graphics adhere best to concrete and asphalt, but they can also be used on brick and other textured surfaces with careful application. Durable outdoor floor graphics are designed to withstand rain, snow, ice and UV rays. For lasting use, select sidewalk floor graphics with the strongest adhesive available and an extra layer of matte laminate.
5. Retail Flags and Banners
Retail flags and banners are available in a range of sizes and orientations for a flexible and eye-catching advertising solution. Custom retail banners can be attached directly to the outside of your storefront or hung from archways or entryways. Hanging vinyl banners will stick out from your storefront, making them highly visible and attractive. Permanent storefront banners can feature your business name, logo or motto to build brand awareness. Advertising banners can also be hung during seasonal sales or holiday specials.
Storefront flags can be placed outside your business on stands, bases or stakes. Available in sizes ranging from less than 5 feet to over 18 feet tall, promotional flags can be used in any retail setting. SpeedPro’s retail flags are also available in several different shapes, including teardrop, feather, straight and edge shape. When placed outside near busy roads or other high-traffic areas, retail flags can help your business get noticed. Use advertising flags to announce new products, promote your brand or draw customers to your store for a sale or special offer.
Because of their unique design, retail flags and banners offer several advantages as a retail advertising solution. They’re:
- Colorful: Custom retail flags and banners can be designed with bold colors and aesthetically pleasing designs. Bright colors like yellow, orange and red stick out from their surroundings and can make your outdoor retail signs truly pop.
- Dynamic: Placed outside on a breezy day, promotional flags and banners sway and ripple in the wind, creating a dynamic effect. Customers passing by your store will be enticed to come inside and explore what you have to offer.
- Durable: Outdoor advertising flags from SpeedPro are built with weather-resistant materials to withstand intense winds, rain, sleet, snow and almost anything else nature can throw at them. Because they’re protected against UV rays, retail flags and banners will keep their bright colors and bold images for lasting use.
- Versatile: Retail flags and banners can be used for nearly any purpose, from branding to advertising to helping customers locate your store. If your business name is not yet well-known, storefront flags can list the general products you offer — like antiques or vintage fashion, for instance — to help customers become familiar with your brand.
Promoting your store with retail flags and banners can help you stand out from your competitors. Fun and colorful branded banners and flags will increase awareness of your business and direct more foot traffic into your shop.
6. Retail Yard Signs
If your business has a front lawn or another area with earth or gravel, custom retail yard signs will provide a great way to utilize your storefront space. Retail yard signs are a fast and affordable advertising solution that’s perfect for short-term sales, special events and seasonal promotions. Business yard signs are constructed with stakes that go directly into the ground for easy installation and removal. Although retail yard signs are typically smaller, they can be designed in a range of sizes for any application.
Business lawn signs are especially beneficial for businesses that are not located along busy pedestrian walkways. As potential customers drive by your store, these signs can catch their eye with bright colors and bold messages.
Custom yard signs with stakes are also a flexible marketing solution, as they can be changed frequently for sales and seasonal specials. If your store offers the same promotions throughout the year or annually, retail yard signs can be stored and reused for each event. Those featuring your branded colors and logo will raise brand awareness while also promoting your special offer.
Outdoor Retail Signage From SpeedPro
By advertising your business with outdoor retail signs, you can grow your customer base, increase your sales and build your brand. If you’re ready to tap into these advantages of eye-catching outdoor retail signs, SpeedPro has a solution for you. With a wide variety of outdoor retail signage to choose from, you can find the perfect storefront signs, banners, window graphics, yard signs and more at SpeedPro.
With extensive experience in the retail market, SpeedPro is ready to be your print partner for outdoor retail signs and large-scale graphics. We understand the importance of big and bold graphics to get your business recognized in a crowded retail space. That’s why we’ll work closely with you on every print project to design and produce high-quality and professional signs that perfectly capture your brand image.
Our nationwide network of print studios means there’s always a SpeedPro convenient to your business location. Find your local SpeedPro studio to get started with your next retail signage project today.