Speedpro Imaging of Eden Prairie is very fortunate to have a skilled, experienced and professional team. Jay Nemecek, the owner of SPEP, is approaching his sixth year in the large format printing industry and spent the 16 years prior to that working in advertising, marketing and sales. Jake Gehler, our Account Executive and Production Lead, has been with us for 13 years and knows the ins and outs of the industry like the back of his hand. The rest of our team collectively has 20 years of experience in the shop, specializing in all aspects of the production process from design to finishing.
But our greatest strength is our knowledge of what works and what does not work. Over the years, we have taken risks and sometimes made mistakes, but most importantly, we learned from those mistakes and used our experiences to perform even better. We believe you cannot get better if you don’t push yourself and push the limits of creativity.
At Speedpro of Eden Prairie, we are guided by a few of our favorite quotes:
“If you are not a part of the solution, you are are part of the problem.”
“Our job is to make your job easier.”
“There are two things you cannot get back in life: first, is your integrity, and second, is your humility; be both honest and humble.”
We hope these quotes give you a small sense of who we are as a company and a partner.
If you have any questions for us or just need a quick recommendation, we are very happy to help. Give us a call or shoot us an email, we’d love to talk with you.
SpeedPro of Eden Prairie
Owner & General Manager
- My legal name is just the letter J, not Jay. I go by Jay because everyone used to call me Allan, my middle name.
- I have a freakish ability to name songs from the 70’s to 10’s, which I have also passed onto my 12-year old daughter.
- I find it very difficult to change the channel when I come across the following movies: Caddyshack, Old School, Tommie Boy, Tombstone and Shawshank Redemption.
- I grew up in a printing/advertising/promotional family; my parents owned an awards and embroidery business which my sister now owns and runs in Iowa.
- I spent the first 15 years of my career in Advertising and Sales, working for companies like People’s Energy and Gas, Sony Electronics and LG Electronics.
- Always interested in owning my own business, my wife and I purchased Speedpro Imaging of Eden Prairie in 2015 and have been working over the past five years to build it into one of Speedpro Corporate’s top performing studios.
Account Executive/Production Lead
- I come from an intense motorcycle family. I have logged 1000’s of cross country miles as a passenger and driver. I also used to ride and race motocross for 10 years.
- I have never been much of a reader, but I have become very into audio books recently. Everything from self-help to books about history. I recently finished the Harry Potter series, but have never seen the movies.
- I have been called the song bird of my generation. I take karaoke very seriously and keep a list of my go-to songs.
- I am a huge fan of random trivia. I love pulling up to a trivia night and blowing minds or playing the trivia machine at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- I once was extremely lucky for 2 weeks. I won a dirt bike on Instagram and a 65” flatscreen at a benefit… then I got a flat tire and the streak ended.
- My favorite and only fruit I will eat is watermelon.
- I love to cook, particularly for others . Grilling and smoking are my favorites.
- I have been with Speedpro Imaging – Eden Prairie since day one. Employee number 1.
- I moved to Minneapolis right out of college to start working at Speedpro. I didn’t really know anyone out here, so I concentrated on work and learning as much about printing as I could.
- Most if not all of my training has been on the job. I honestly did not know this industry even existed until I attended the job interview.
- I have always been hyper-critical of my work which always shows up in my customers’ work. I want my customers to know that I am as proud of producing their items as they are when finished.
Owner & Accounts Receivable/Payable
- When I was in high school, I was on a synchronized swimming team; I spent most of my senior year upside down under water in the pool before the sun came up.
- I may or may not be a “crazy cat lady;” I am a sucker for animals in need and now have four cats and one pup living under my roof.
- I live in the Midwest, but looooove seafood; I could live off of shrimp or fish ceviche alone (plus maybe a little chocolate).
- Along with working at Speedpro, my “other” job is as a Litigation Consultant; for 20 years I have been working with attorneys to help them prepare their cases to take to trial.
- I am a mommy to a 12-year old girl. I also may find myself “acting” as a substitute teacher on most days (eek!) this fall.
Production and Finishing
Jason Van't Hul
Production and Finishing
Production and Finishing