Privacy glass is also known as frosted glass, etched glass, architectural glass and decorative windows. Crystal film may also be used to replicate the look of privacy or etched glass and this is what is most commonly used by digital imaging studios who install prints. No matter what you call it, the glass-based surface prints give both practical and visual benefits. It is possible to turn the existing glass in any building into decorative elements or eye-catching signage by adding specific graphic elements to it.
What solutions does SpeedPro offer for privacy glass?
Plain, clear glass can be converted to privacy glass via the following methods:
Glass Films: Place lettering, geometric patterns, logos and complete images on your glass partitions or windows via glass-films, decorative adhesive patterns, applied to the glass surface. The versatility of glass films makes them a great choice for glass-finished signage displayed on commercial walls or wall branding. Glass Films are ideal as they can be removed and reapplied with ease. It is no problem to temporarily apply a design or add extra privacy to some glass.
- Murals and decals: Cover sections of your windows with decals and murals printed with your pictures, logo, lettering and other design elements. Mesh decals allow light to come through while adding privacy for the interior.
- Finishes: Transform glass itself into a pattern via glass finishes. Add a coarse-grained finish in the shape of waves, vertical lines, or other geometric patterns to incorporate a unique mathematical look and protect privacy for what goes on behind the windows.
- Sandblasting: Coarse particles such as fine sand are blasted onto glass planes to create a texture. Create ridges, waves and lines in glass or smooth sections of textured glass.
- Etching: A classic treatment using acids or other corrosive substances to produce visual designs in glass. Create a frosted pattern on clear panes of glass or add a translucent pattern to satin or frosted glass.
And to expound further on those types of glass we can define some more types of privacy glass:
- Frosted Glass: Fabricated to hold a matted foggy appearance to veil and obscure, rather than block views entirely. Generally created using a film, acid etching, or via the use of sandblasting.
- Tinted Glass: Made of screens and panels chemically treated to alter the base color. The density and shade of the glass are changed depending on the level of tint, this adds benefits such as climate control and UV-Ray protection. Tinted glass color does not change or fade.
- Reflective Glass: Also known as mirrored glass, has a thin layer of metal infused onto one side and sealed with a clear protective coat. This is how traditional one-way mirrors are made for fun-houses and police interrogation rooms. As reflective glass carries a highly metallic gloss, its clear light and image refraction qualities cannot be understated.
- Satin glass: One of the most popular privacy glass types, satin, is pearlescent and clean while still holding a highly evenly dispersed opacity. Satin glass is created by combining hydrofluoric acid with a glass sheet. This type of privacy glass results in high opacity and an elegant appearance and features a matte sheen instead of a glossy one, thus the silky smooth look that gave it the name satin.
Privacy glass features add an upscale, modern touch to any office. At SpeedPro we can even take them to a higher level with glass finishes for architectural signage. By using frosted vinyl, we add privacy to your glass doors and windows which is perfect for private offices and conference rooms. Upon request we can also combine techniques to incorporate decorative elements in our design that make your glass look sandblasted, etched or textured for thought-provoking aesthetic effects. These techniques can also be used on clear Plexiglas to frost it which is ideal for those who want to let natural light into private offices or cubicles while maintaining a sense of privacy.
Bring new life into your office by adding privacy glass signs and finishes. Foster a sense of openness and transparency in the workplace. Clear glass-walled office spaces may look classy and spacious, but they lack seclusion and outside distraction. Furthermore, employees may find it hard to relax and focus on their work if they think “Big Brother” is always watching them. Consider your office layout and then address the areas you would like to keep more private. When you focus on sections of your office that benefit from increased privacy, you will be sure to get the most out of your design.
No matter what use you have for privacy glass, SpeedPro has lots of glass finish options to choose from. SpeedPro is a full-service communications studio with a wide variety of patterns, colors, glass films and privacy options available. Contact your local SpeedPro studio for a free quote. Privacy Glass is only the beginning. Partner with SpeedPro and join a full-service visual communications studio with hundreds of glass colors, cuts, patterns, films, tints, laminates and privacy levels printed under our roof and installed under yours.
Its Large Format Printing goals. We can assist with projects big or small, and we have experience with Countless Campaigns across varied sectors, such as real estate and transportation. You can count on us to dive right in and discuss how to carry out your vision.
You’ll enjoy working with us because of this can-do attitude. You will receive high value products that you can use again when you choose Speedpro Solutions of Tempe Chandler. We act as an extension of your team to create something you will be proud of. People come to us again and again because of:
Outstanding Quality- Our sign company uses top of the line products to produce your signage, decals, elevator wraps etc…
Environmental Friendliness- Green practices are important to Speedpro and our customers which is why we use quick drying processes.
Speed of Production- When you need a quick turn around to hit your deadlines, you can count on Speedpro Solutions of Tempe Chandler to deliver.