With SpeedPro on your team, you can create a compelling and vivid digital message on almost any screen. Digital signage is the modern advertising medium your company can use to meet numerous business needs — draw customers in with eye-catching advertisements or upsell shoppers with digital signs featuring new products and special offers. Welcome customers to a reception area, communicate promotions or share important information to enhance customer experience. With digital signage, you can quickly change messages so they always reflect up-to-date information and current events or daily specials. However you choose to use digital signage, this medium promises to be engaging and dynamic so you can attract new customers, promote your brand and boost your sales.
DRAW CUSTOMERS TO YOUR BUSINESS WITH DIGITAL SIGNAGE
Effective signs can play an important role in attracting new customers to your business. Most people have entered a new store at some point based on its signage alone. With sleek graphics and bold colors, digital signage is a powerful tool for grabbing customers’ attention and drawing them into your store or business.
Digital signs use bright and beautiful images that stand out from traditional posters and signs. When used in window displays, rotating digital signs can catch the eye of customers on the street with their movement and color. By presenting multiple messages, rotating digital signs engage a wide variety of customers and encourage them to explore what your business offers.
Digital window signs can be updated daily to feature the latest fashion or a delicious new dessert on the menu. Highlight a new beer on tap, upcoming event or seasonal promotion to keep customers informed about your latest offerings. Rotating digital signs let you feature multiple products or services to appeal to your diverse customer base.
At trade shows, digital signage can set your company apart from the rest. As patrons roam through rows of vendors, bright and changing digital signs attract customers to your stall. When you get to engage with more visitors, your business can win new customers and earn more sales.
Here are just a few reasons why digital signage can effectively draw customers to your business:
- Beautiful and bold designs: Digital signs feature bright and aesthetically pleasing designs that appeal to your target customers.
- Eye-catching movement: Instead of presenting a single image, rotating digital signs present multiple messages and catch the attention of potential customers.
- Updated information and deals: Present up-to-date specials and current offers to attract customers with the newest deals and timely information.
- Targeted messages: Use digital signage to present messages to your specific audience. If your business serves multiple demographics or audiences, you can target each group through rotating digital signs.
DIGITAL SIGNAGE VS TRADITIONAL SIGNAGE
Modern and effective, digital signage is the future of advertising. The digital signage industry is anticipated to continue to grow as more brick-and-mortar businesses tap into the benefits of digital signage. By 2025, the digital signage industry is projected to reach $31.7 billion.
Businesses are choosing digital signs over traditional signage because digital signs provide endless design possibilities and can be updated as often as you want. You can improve your sales with digital signage that is engaging and informative, while also reducing how much you spend on printing — and reprinting — promotional posters. Here are a few benefits of choosing digital signage for your business:
- Unlimited content: With printed signage, you’re limited to the space you have on your walls, but with rotating digital signage, you have nearly endless advertising space for your business. The opportunity to display multiple messages means your business can create a deeper brand impression and really tell your company’s story. You can reach your various audiences through changing messages and highlight every product you want to feature.
- Lower advertising cost: Digital signage can significantly cut advertising expenses by reducing the need to continually print and ship new signs and posters. When you want to update your digital signs, you can quickly upload a new image. This also reduces the time your employees spend hanging advertisements, so they can focus on assisting your customers instead. After the initial investment in screens to display your digital signs, your long-term advertising costs can be greatly reduced.
- Increased advertising revenue: At venues, events, stadiums and conference centers, your rotating digital signage can offer more opportunities to sell advertising space. Digital signs can promote ads for your sponsors or be purchased by local businesses to boost your advertising revenue.
- Reduced cost of mistakes: Mistakes on printed media can be costly — especially if you have already ordered hundreds of copies and sent them to all of your locations across the country. Reordering, reprinting and re-shipping these materials can waste your company’s time and money. If you catch a mistake or want to update something on a digital sign, the change can be made easily and implemented quickly across all of your locations nationwide.
- Fast creation and implementation: Creating digital signage is often faster than ordering printed advertising. For businesses with multiple locations, this faster processing time means you can update media quickly in all of your stores instead of shipping new materials to each location every time you have a new promotion or sale.
- Fast updates and changes: Digital signage can be updated instantly in all of your locations across the country — or the world — so your messaging is always up-to-date and relevant. Add new sales or specials daily and update your employees with real-time news or exciting company announcements.
Digital signage offers an eye-catching and affordable advertising alternative, but can also be used alongside traditional printed advertising materials. Smart business owners can use digital signs to support and enhance their current printed media by reinforcing and expanding upon messages on posters and signs. Reveal additional features or details through digital signs to really drive home your company’s message.
Your business may use digital signs to promote new products or announce daily specials while using printed posters to highlight signature menu items that are always available or brand values that never change. By engaging customers through various types of media, you can boost brand awareness and earn more sales.
IMPROVE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH DIGITAL SIGNAGE
Once your eye-catching digital window signs have drawn customers to your business, digital signage in your store can help seal the deal on a sale. By implementing digital signs strategically in your store or business, you can create a more enjoyable shopping experience, guide customers through your business or teach them about your products and services. Here are a few ways that digital signage can improve customer experience to increase trust in your brand and boost revenue for your business:
- Target your customer base: Use attractive images and targeted messaging to connect with your individual customers. If your business has different customers at different times of the day, change your digital signs to target the right customers. Feature elegant lunch specials for business people, then highlight fun cocktail specials for young professionals during happy hour. For late night karaoke, highlight discounted appetizers and popular beers.
- Educate about product features: Digital displays can provide expert advice about how to use a product or what a certain service includes. Present side-by-side product comparisons with detailed graphics or show product specs in an eye-catching image. By educating customers about the features that make your product unique, you can erase any reservations they had and win more sales. Informative digital displays can also answer common customer questions to free up your sales team for making bigger sales.
- Show products in action: Creative digital signage can help customers imagine how your product works in action. Show people wearing your clothes in real life or enjoying your coffee while out and about. You can even feature real posts from social media that highlight your products and services so customers can imagine how your product fits into their life.
- Promote deals and discounts: Digital signs are an attractive way to inform customers about deals or discounts as they are browsing your products or waiting to speak with a rep. By presenting special offers while customers are exploring your products, they are more likely to make a purchase.
- Upsell and cross-sell products: Use digital signs to highlight products that pair well together, like blue jeans and a cute top or a New York strip steak and glass of red wine. Digital signs featuring a higher end model of a certain product can also encourage customers to choose the top brand over a less expensive alternative. Customers will enjoy these pairings and high-quality products, while your business enjoys greater profits.
- Reduce perceived wait time: If your business is always busy, your customers may get tired of waiting in line. By placing rotating digital signage near check-outs or order counters, customers have something interesting to look at while they wait. You are able to share more messaging with your customers while they have a more enjoyable wait time. Digital signage outside of sporting events or venues can also boost sales by getting customers excited about buying merchandise or ordering a burger when they get inside the stadium.
- Provide physical directions: Inside a mall or large office complex, digital signs can help customers find what they are looking for more quickly. Wayfinding signs and directories can make customers’ experiences smoother and more enjoyable.
KEEP EMPLOYEES INFORMED WITH DIGITAL SIGNAGE
Digital signage can also be used to keep your employees informed about company updates or new policies. When used in break rooms or offices, digital signs can feature announcements, updates, notifications, events and deadline reminders. This eliminates the need to hold a meeting for every small update or change and ensures that information is presented consistently across departments. When your employees are well-trained and highly informed, this also improves your customer experience and satisfaction.
CUSTOMIZE DIGITAL SIGNAGE FOR YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Easy to change and update, digital signage can be customized to perfectly fit your company’s brand and advertising needs. Choose colors, images and language that reflect your company’s values and what you stand for. Convey a message that connects with your audience and highlights what makes your company unique to improve sales with digital signage.
At SpeedPro, we offer fully customizable digital signage whether you are designing a menu, beer list, directory, product advertisement, promotional image or any other digital messaging. We can create branded trade show digital signage, bold graphics for casinos and bars, ads for the halftime show or event announcements to get customers excited for the next concert or sporting event. We promise a customized solution for every client that shouts their message to their intended audience. If you can dream it, we can make it.
BEST PLACES TO USE DIGITAL SIGNAGE
Customized digital signage can be a powerful tool for building brand awareness and boosting revenue, but how effective your digital signage is depends on where you put it. To enjoy the benefits of digital signage for your company, choose a location where customers can best engage with your message to learn more about your business or promotions.
When determining where to incorporate digital signage in your business, let the content drive the placement — first determine the message that you want to convey and then decide where you can best present this message to your audience. Here are a few of the best places to use digital signage in your business:
- In window displays: Use digital signs in window displays to attract customers with seasonal promotions, new products or daily specials. Beautiful images of signature menu items can draw customers into your restaurant, while active images of your clothing can attract customers to shop.
- Near ordering counters: Descriptive digital signs near check-outs or ordering counters can help customers choose what to purchase or upsell them on an additional item or service. Digital signs can be updated daily to reflect the latest specials without the hassle of reprinting menus or signs.
- On pillars or columns: Digital signs can be used to maximize unused space in your business, like pillars and columns. As customers explore your products, digital signs on columns can direct them through the store or educate them about promotions.
- Near featured products: Highlight unique product features or specs as customers are shopping for those products. By enhancing your customers’ understanding of your products, you can help them make informed purchases, which leads to greater satisfaction. Placing digital signs near products can also improve your sales, as many people will buy a product based on a sign that grabbed their attention.
- In entryways or lobbies: Digital signage in lobbies can help customers find what they are looking for more quickly and enjoy an easier shopping experience. When customers enjoy shopping at your store, they are more likely to come back again.
MORE TIPS FOR THE BEST PLACEMENT OF DIGITAL SIGNS
When placing digital signs around your business, make sure they are easy to read and in plain sight. Digital signage that is hidden or difficult to read cannot connect with customers. Consider these tips for the most effective placement of digital signs:
- Place signs at eye level: Place signs at the average eye level around five feet off the ground. Signs that are too high may not be noticed by customers, while signs that are too low may be difficult for customers to read clearly.
- Choose areas with high traffic: Find a busy location in your business where many customers will see your digital signs each day, such as in the lobby or near check-out lines or popular products.
- Choose areas where customers linger: Look for busy areas where people linger for long enough to engage with your messaging, such as lobbies, waiting rooms, food courts or elevators. When placing digital signs in hallways, ensure customers have enough time to read your signs as they walk towards them. In places where customers pass through quickly, consider using brief messaging instead of a more detailed advertisement.
- Check for a clear line of sight: Check that your digital signs are not hidden or obstructed by pillars, merchandise or other signage in your store.
- Consider lighting and glare: Make sure your digital signs are easy to read throughout the day by placing them in a location without glare from the sun.
To find the perfect placement for digital signs in your store, watch how your customers typically navigate through your store and where they spend the most time. By observing the natural flow of customers through your business, you can choose spots where customers are most likely to view and engage with your messaging.
WORKING WITH SPEEDPRO FOR YOUR CUSTOM DIGITAL SIGNAGE
The possibilities for putting digital signage to work for your business are only limited by your imagination. With endless design potential and the opportunity for unlimited content and frequent updates, digital signage can take your company’s advertising to the next level. Attract customers to your business by highlighting specials and promotions and engage customers more deeply through product education. Through smart use of digital signage in your business, you can build your brand, improve customer loyalty and boost your revenue.