A SATISFYING “AHH” FROM OOHJULY 26, 2022| ericschmidt
The Rebound of Out Of Home Advertising
Out of home (OOH) advertising is rebounding strongly from its pandemic lows. With healthy growth over the past two years, out of home advertising in the U.S. approached $7 billion in 2021. Consumers have learned to tune out online ads (many going as far as implementing ad blockers), but have a more open mind while out and about. Whether actively shopping or just rolling down the road, people are more receptive to consider products and services that catch their fancy.
A Nielsen study proved OOH advertising is the most effective form for getting consumers to do an online search. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, on-premise signage is the most effective yet least expensive form of advertising for small business. The most dominant forms of out-of-home advertising include:
- Billboards: Traditional or digital, billboards are effective when easy to read at highway speeds, offering an eye-catching graphic and a simple call-to-action.
- Banners: Smaller than a billboard yet with greater flexibility for display, banners can be equally useful in making a big brand impression.
- Transit advertising: Whether bus signage or vehicle wraps, transit advertising is a mobile billboard for your company. Custom wraps make a strong impression, are cost-effective and can last up to five years.
- Street furniture: This includes bus shelters, park benches and bike share stalls, all strategic places for reaching mobile audiences.
- Retail advertising: Window displays, point-of-sale ads, floor graphics, mall kiosks and other types of retail-based ads are valuable for branding and for keeping customers shopping.
- Guerilla advertising: Brand messages that take the form of street art can be disarming and memorable.
Another medium is seen in museum and gallery windows promoting experiential art. SpeedPro has worked on a number of recent, high-profile exhibits that have captured the public’s imagination:
SpeedPro designed, printed and installed many of the exterior & interior elements for the Banksy NYC exhibit
“Starry Night”-themed signage for Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience in New York City and Philadelphia
Oversize exhibit graphics trace the history of entertainment in RiseNY: A Soaring Journey Through New York
DID YOU KNOW…?
Color matching accurately translates a screen image into a printed graphic. Variables from ink types to texture can have an effect on how colors are rendered. There are two types of color profiles: RGB, which is based on optical light colors, and CMYK, rooted in real-life color pigments. If you bring us an RGB file, our engineers will take your digital files through printer-specific programs to convert them into CMYK. The Pantone color system allows printers to match precise colors and keep an image consistent throughout all steps of a printing process. SpeedPro uses the best equipment available to ensure color accuracy, especially when it’s a large format graphic where the right color can make a huge difference – and an equally huge impact on viewers.