SpeedPro specializes in creating bold graphics that get your message in front of consumers. One of the ways we do that is through custom vehicle wraps, which are an effective advertising method for cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats.
Transit advertising is an excellent way to reach more consumers at a lower cost per impression than most other forms of advertising. Plus, their size and placement make them especially impactful. Let’s explore what makes vehicle wraps so effective, and how they can benefit your business.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Use a Vehicle Business Wrap?
Think about all the times you’re sitting in traffic or driving down the highway and another car catches your eye. It might have a cool paint job, a clever bumper sticker or a colorful advertisement on its side. Advertisements on vehicles reach people at an opportune time and increase visibility for the company.
Imagine if every time you drove a company car through town, you turned it into a mobile billboard, displaying your image in bright, bold lettering and converting viewers into customers. Custom auto wraps essentially do just that. They put your image front and center whenever you hit the road. Plus, many of the viewers are automatically part of your target audience because they live or work in your area.
Here are a few more reasons that business owners love custom business vehicle wraps.
1. They Are Cost-Effective
When it comes to returns on investment (ROI), out-of-home (OOH) advertising generates an average of $5.97 in product sales for every dollar spent. And its popularity continues to grow, so your investment will have a lasting impact. Vehicle wraps are an excellent way to get the most bang for your buck.
Since these custom wraps go on your company’s vehicles, you don’t need to rent space to display your ad. Your only investment is the one-time cost of the wrap, which will continue to pay off as your business gains exposure. As we’ll discuss further, these wraps can also help you protect the finish on your vehicle.
2. They Are Well-Received
According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), people respond well to OOH ads because they aren’t obtrusive to a person’s everyday life like some mediums are. For advertisers, they’re a great place to explore creative options and create an enjoyable experience.
You can make someone’s commute a little more interesting or brighten up their drive with a creative ad. You may even offer a possible solution to a problem they currently have, which they can consider while they drive. In short, seeing your vehicle wrap on the road can be an enjoyable experience for viewers and give them a positive association with your brand.
3. They Increase Brand Awareness
Simply having your image in front of people is a great approach, but when combined with other channels of advertising, it can boost your reach substantially, according to the OAAA. For example, adding OOH ads to your social networking channels can increase your daily reach by 212%.
Essentially, people see OOH advertisements and move to the internet to learn more and interact. In fact, 58% of consumers report that they have gone online as a direct result of seeing an OOH ad. Whether you’re looking to increase brand awareness or create direct conversions, a vehicle wrap can do both.
4. They Protect the Vehicle
Whether your business owns or leases a vehicle, you’ll want to avoid damages that can lead to hefty fees or lower resale values. With a layer of vinyl over the paint, the dirt and gravel hitting your bumper will affect the wrap, not the vehicle itself. You can easily swap out portions of the wrap as needed and forego expensive repairs for chips and dings.
Plus, when it’s time to remove the wrap, the adhesive is formulated to keep things looking good as new, as long as it was applied correctly. It also leaves your vehicle with its original color, so you can return a leased vehicle without altering it like you would have to do with a paint job.
5. They Are Flexible
Vehicle wraps are unique from most other advertising mediums in that you can move your ad around to places where it is likely to be effective. Food trucks often park themselves in busy areas, where people may want a quick bite. You can even consider where the type of food you sell will go over best. Warm pizza might be good near nightclubs, while ice cream could do well outside a water or theme park.
If you want to target certain audiences, you could drive around parts of town where that demographic lives. Having a billboard on your car offers lots of new options. If you provide a service, parking outside a home where you’re redoing a roof or fixing the plumbing may attract attention from neighbors who need similar work done on their homes.
Vehicle Wrap Options and Products Available
Part of the beauty of custom automotive wraps is that they come in so many options. At SpeedPro, we offer window coverings, spot graphics, partial vehicle wraps and full vehicle wraps to meet your needs and budget. And of course, your wrap will bear your custom design. Let’s look at the different coverage options for your vehicle:
- Full vehicle wrap: Full wraps cover an entire vehicle, including cars, buses, vans and boats, delivering a dramatic message to anyone who sees it. They’ll cover the hood, the roof, the pillars, the sides and any other place where paint could show through. They can even cover the windows. Typically, full wraps are the best choice for businesses looking for maximum exposure and a cohesive design. You can advertise with the whole surface area of your vehicle, and you don’t have to worry about it not matching.
- Partial vehicle wrap: With a partial wrap, you can save money and only cover a few parts of the vehicle. You may have half of a bus to cover, or you may want to leave your car’s roof the original color to go with your design. A partial wrap can accomplish that and wrap just a few parts of the vehicle rather than the whole surface.
- Spot graphics: You can also customize your vehicle in smaller ways with spot graphics. For instance, you can apply your logo without necessarily wrapping the whole vehicle or even a whole section. We offer smaller spot graphics to bring your imagery to a vehicle at the lowest cost. Window decals can also be an excellent addition to your vehicle.
- Window coverings: Though they are typically an element in a full wrap, you can cover your windows with a perforated vinyl that extends your design over them. Window coverings are see-through from the inside, so they won’t inhibit a driver’s or a passenger’s visibility. From the outside, they appear as a solid design.
However you choose to cover your car, partial and full vehicle wraps allow you to customize your image just how you want it without paying for parts you don’t.
When to Use a Vehicle Wrap
Some business owners think that vehicle wraps are reserved for the largest of companies with full fleets at their disposal. But vehicle wraps are perfect for businesses of all sizes due to their low cost, high ROI and local influence. Smaller businesses can especially benefit from the boost in visibility that large businesses might already have established.
Custom car wraps are also effective for local businesses with services that people can’t buy online, like plumbing or cleaning companies. Seeing these vehicles around town shows that they are nearby. Also, these types of businesses usually spend their day moving around town where employees can expose a company’s ad to everyone they drive by.
Here are just a few examples of companies that can benefit greatly from custom vehicle wraps:
- Utility services: If your company does plumbing, HVAC work, home repairs or other service-based fixings, custom van wraps or truck wraps can promote your business while you zip around town from client to client. It’s an excellent way to put your vehicle to work doing the same things it already does.
- Food trucks: When your business moves around a lot, you need as much visibility as possible so your customers can see you from a mile away. Bright, bold wraps ensure that your food truck stands out and can tell your story. Printed wraps are practically a requirement for food trucks. Your design can provide more information about what you serve, too.
- Cleaning services: Like utility services, your vehicles likely see many parts of town in one day. With vehicle wraps, those trips can become valuable advertising opportunities. Use your graphics to promote the character of your company along with the services you offer.
- Painters: Painting crews might fill up a van or truck with all of their tools, providing a large space for your advertising efforts. As you go from building to building and passersby see your vehicle in the driveway, you’ll boost your visibility to everyone else in town.
- Delivery services: Maybe your company offers delivery on items like flowers, appliances, catering or baked goods. Bringing these items to your customers in a branded delivery vehicle lets you reinforce your imagery and advertise as you go. It can also help recipients note your professionalism and understand who is approaching their front door.
While these are just a few examples, almost any business with a company vehicle can benefit from business car wraps, especially if they focus on business-to-consumer transactions.
Installing Custom Wraps
One popular question that often comes up with car wraps regards the difficulty of installation. How hard is it to install, and what tools do you need to do it? The short answer is that you should leave it to a professional. If a custom vehicle wrap isn’t installed correctly, it can damage your paint job on removal.
Another issue is that a do-it-yourself installation can look unprofessional. You want to put your best foot forward on all marketing materials, and a bubbly, peeling paint job after a week is not the most professional look.
Once you hand your vehicle off to a pro, here’s how they install the wraps.
- First, the installer appropriately prepares the surface of the vehicle. This includes removing any rust, dents or paint abnormalities that could get in the way of the adhesive or show through on the finished result.
- Several installers will stretch the vinyl panel over the vehicle’s components one at a time and wrap it around. They use heat guns to warm up the adhesive and smooth out bubbles, alongside special squeegee tools.
- Lastly, they’ll conduct a final inspection and ensure there are no air gaps or other issues.
After they finish up, you can expect a car wrap to last for many years, but excessive sunlight can cause problems like fading. So, consider parking the car in the shade when possible to get more longevity out of your wrap.
Caring for a Business Wrap
While a custom vehicle wrap is pretty low-maintenance, there are some steps you can take to keep your wrap in tip-top condition. The main consideration is to wash the car regularly. Keeping your wrap clean can help make it last as long as possible and look as fresh as the day you bought it.
Rinse the car and scrub with a non-abrasive, mild detergent without any alcohol. Give it another rinse and let it air dry or use a microfiber cloth. Spot clean the wrap as needed, such as after bug splatters or bird droppings hit. You can also pressure wash the car or take it through a drive-through if absolutely necessary.
Another way to keep your wrap clean is to protect it from damage in the first place. You can park in covered areas or use a fabric cover when your vehicle isn’t in use. Avoid driving on loose gravel roads, where rocks and debris can kick up onto the sides of the car.
The Design Process
Designing for vehicle wraps is a bit different than designing for other types of signage. You’ll have to take care to design precisely for the vehicle you’ll be applying your wrap to. This goes beyond just noting the make and model. If your vehicle has aftermarket additions or damage that deviates from manufacturer specifications, you need to account for these details, or you could end up with a wrap that doesn’t match up.
Other concerns include designing for high visibility. Bold colors will stand out from all the other bright colors of the road, while big fonts ensure that people can read your wrap from far away and at high speeds.
Your wrap should maintain your company’s signature colors and fonts where possible, along with a prominent logo and a call to action. Do you want them to visit your website or call you? Place that information on your wrap.
You can learn more about designing vehicle wraps on our blog. Plus, SpeedPro experts can help guide you through the process. Remember that this is a great opportunity to be creative. You can really stand out with a stunning vehicle wrap design that shows off your company’s brand identity.
Stand Out With Vehicle Wraps From SpeedPro
Of course, not every vehicle wrap is created equal. If you want one that provides high-quality graphics on a long-lasting material, SpeedPro can help. When you invest in a wrap from us, you make an investment in your company’s future.
With a high-quality wrap, you’ll stand out from the competition — no peeling or bad graphics on your company car. A bright, bold wrap will ensure that your viewers can see your custom automotive wrap from far away and will bring them closer to becoming customers.
You spend a lot of time trying to show why your business is a cut above the rest. A quality wrap job can help by adding professionalism and visibility to the mix. An unmarked service van, for example, is likely to leave a negative impression, while a branded van will help you make a positive first impression and instill trust. Improve your clients’ confidence and boost advertising at the same time with a vehicle business wrap from SpeedPro.
Vehicle Wrap Printing From SpeedPro
Our team at SpeedPro is ready to consult with you and learn about your company’s unique needs and goals. In our consultations, we also discuss budgeting, so you can be sure that everything fits with your projected advertising expenses and there are no unpleasant surprises. After we figure out the scope of your project, we’ll create a custom plan for your business vehicle wrap.
After creating a car wrap with us, you’ll see why our clients come back to us time and time again. Your needs are our priority.
Find your nearest studio today to get a quote and begin planning a vehicle wrap.