SpeedPro specializes in creating the display graphics needed to get a message in front of consumers. One of the ways we do that is through custom vehicle wraps, which are an effective advertising method for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats.
Transit advertising is an excellent way to reach more consumers at a lower cost per impression than most other forms of advertising. It offers space for innovation, frequency and creativity for you to promote and ultimately sell your goods or services. But what is it about vehicle wraps that make them so effective, and how can they benefit your business?
Why Should I Use a Vehicle Business Wrap?
Think about all the times you’re sitting in traffic or driving down the highway and another car catches your eye. It might have a cool paint job or, more likely, a clever advertisement on its side. It reaches people at an opportune time and increases visibility for the company.
Imagine if every time you drove a company car through town, you turned it into a mobile billboard, displaying your image around in bright, bold lettering and converting viewers into customers. Custom auto wraps essentially do just that. They put your image front and center whenever you hit the road. Plus, many of the viewers are automatically part of your target audience because they live or work in your area.
Here are a few more reasons that business owners love custom business vehicle wraps.
1. They Are Cost-Effective
When it comes to returns on investment (ROI), out-of-home (OOH) advertising generates an average of $5.97 in product sales for every dollar spent. And its popularity continues to grow, so your investment will have a lasting impact. Vehicle wraps are an excellent way to get the most bang for your buck. They have cost savings elsewhere, too, which you’ll see further down in this list.
2. They Are Well-Received
According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), people respond well to OOH. They are frequently seen, and 70% of people say it is very or somewhat likely to influence a purchase. The ads aren’t obtrusive to their everyday life like some mediums are, and they’re a great place to explore creative options and create an enjoyable experience.
You can make someone’s commute a little more interesting or brighten up their drive with a creative ad. You may even make a significant change in their lives by offering your product at a time when they can really consider it while they drive. It can be a positive experience for viewers and give them a positive association with your brand.
3. They Increase Brand Awareness
Simply having your image in front of people is a great approach, but when combined with other channels of advertising, it can boost your reach by up to 300% in mobile ads and 212% on social networking, according to the OAAA.
Essentially, people see OOH advertisements and move to the internet to learn more and interact. After five exposures, 82% of people start an online search related to an OOH ad and 58% make a purchase. Whether you’re looking to increase brand awareness or create direct conversions, a vehicle wrap can do both.
4. They Protect the Vehicle
Whether your business owns or leases a vehicle, you’ll want to avoid damages that can lead to hefty fees or lower resale values. With a layer of vinyl over the paint, the dirt and gravel hitting your bumper will affect the wrap, not the vehicle itself. You can easily swap out portions of the wrap as needed and forego expensive repairs for chips and dings.
Plus, when its time to remove the wrap, the adhesive is formulated to keep things looking good as new, as long as it was applied correctly. It also leaves your vehicle with its original color, so you can return a leased vehicle without altering it like you would have to do with a paint job.
5. They Are Flexible
Vehicle wraps are unique from most other advertising mediums in that you can move your ad around to places where it is likely to be effective. Food trucks often park themselves in busy areas, where people want that kind of food. Warm pizza might be good near nightclubs while ice cream could do well outside a water or theme park. If you want to target certain audiences, you could drive around parks of town where that demographic lives. Having a billboard on your car offers lots of new options.
Vehicle Wraps Options and Products Available
Part of the beauty of custom automotive wraps is that they come in so many options. We have full vehicle wraps, partial vehicle wraps, spot graphics and window coverings to fit whatever your need and budget.
- Full vehicle wrap: Full wraps cover an entire vehicle, including cars, buses, vans and boats, delivering a dramatic message to anyone who sees it. They’ll cover the hood, the roof, the pillars, the sides and any other place where paint could show through. Typically, full wraps are the best choice for businesses looking for maximum exposure and a cohesive design. You can advertise with the whole surface area of your vehicle, and you don’t have to worry about it not matching.
- Partial vehicle wrap: With a partial wrap, you can save money and only cover a few parts of the vehicle. You may have half of a bus to cover or you want to leave your car’s roof the original color to go with your design. A partial wrap can accomplish that and wrap just a few parts of the car.
- Spot graphics: Say you have a vehicle with a lot of space, like a utility van. That blank canvas can be a good place for you to put your logo without necessarily wrapping the whole vehicle or even that section. We offer smaller spot graphics to fill these areas and bring your imagery to the vehicle at the lowest cost. Window decals can also be an excellent addition.
- Window coverings: Though they are typically an element in a full wrap, you can cover your windows with a perforated vinyl that extends your design over them. They are see-through from the inside, so you can use them without influencing your visibility. They appear as a solid design on the outside.
However you choose to cover your car, partial and full vehicle wraps allow you to customize your image just how you want it without paying for parts you don’t.
When to Use a Vehicle Wrap
Some business owners think that vehicle wraps are reserved for the largest of companies with full fleets at their disposal. But vehicle wraps are perfect for businesses of all sizes due to their low cost, high ROI and local influence. Smaller businesses can especially benefit from the boost in visibility that large businesses might already have established.
Custom car wraps are also effective for local businesses with services that people can’t buy online, like plumbing or cleaning companies. Seeing these vehicles around town shows that they are nearby. Also, these types of businesses usually spend their day moving around town where employees can expose a company’s ad to everyone they drive by.
Some other instances where custom auto wraps come in handy include:
- Utility services: If your company does plumbing, HVAC work, home repairs or other service-based fixings, custom car wraps can promote your business while you zip around town from client to client. It’s an excellent way to put your vehicle to work doing the same things it already does.
- Food trucks: When your business moves around a lot, you need as much visibility as possible so your customers can see you from a mile away. Bright, bold wraps ensure that your truck stands out and can tell your story. Printed wraps are practically a requirement for food trucks. Your design can provide more information about what you serve, too.
- Cleaning services: Like utility services, your vehicles likely see many parts of town in one day. You can put a vehicle wrap to use those trips as valuable advertising opportunities. Use your graphics to promote the character of your company at the same time.
- Painters: Painting crews might fill up a van or truck with all of their tools, providing a large space for your advertising efforts. As you go from building to building and passersby see your vehicle in the driveway, you’ll boost your visibility to everyone else in town.
- Delivery services: Maybe your company offers delivery on items like flowers, appliances, catering or baked goods. Bringing these items to their customers in a branded vehicle lets you reinforce your imagery and advertise as you go.
While these are just a few examples, almost any business with a company vehicle can benefit from business car wraps, especially if they focus on business-to-consumer transactions.
Installing Business Car Wraps
One popular question that often comes up with car wraps regards the difficulty of installation. How hard is it to install, and what tools do you need to do it? Well, the short answer is that you should leave it to a professional. If a custom vehicle wrap isn’t installed correctly, it can damage your paint job on removal.
Another issue is that a do-it-yourself installation can look unprofessional. You want to put your best foot forward on all marketing materials, and a bubbly, peeling paint job after a week is not the most professional look.
Once you hand your vehicle off to a pro, here’s how they install the wraps.
- First, the installer appropriately prepares the surface of the vehicle. This includes removing any rust, dents or paint abnormalities that could get in the way of the adhesive or show through on the finished result.
- Several installers will stretch the vinyl panel over the vehicle’s components one at a time and wrap it around. They use heat guns to warm up the adhesive and smooth out bubbles, alongside special squeegee tools.
- Lastly, they’ll conduct a final inspection and ensure there are no air gaps or other issues.
After they finish up, you can expect a car wrap to last for many years, but excessive sunlight can cause problems like fading. So, if your business bakes in the Arizona sun, consider parking the car in the shade to get more longevity out of your wrap.
Caring for a Business Wrap
While a custom vehicle wrap is pretty low-maintenance, keeping it clean can help make it last as long as possible and look as fresh as the day you bought it.
The main consideration is to wash the car regularly. Rinse the car and scrub with a non-abrasive, mild detergent without any alcohol. Give it another rinse and let it air dry or use a microfiber cloth. Spot clean as needed, such as after bug splatters or bird droppings hit. You can also pressure wash the car or take it through a drive-through if absolutely necessary.
Another way to keep your wrap clean is to protect it from damage in the first place. You can park in protected areas, shade or with a fabric cover. Avoid driving on loose gravel roads, where rocks and debris can kick up into the sides of the car.
Simply keeping your car clean is the best way to protect your graphics. When we say vehicle wraps are low-maintenance, we mean it — but you can always read up on the topic for all the information.
The Design Process
Designing for vehicle wraps is a bit different than designing for other types of signage. You’ll have to take care to design precisely for the vehicle at hand. If the car you get has aftermarket additions or damage that deviates from manufacturer specifications, you may have a wrap that doesn’t match up.
Other concerns include designing for high visibility. Bold colors will stand out from all the other bright colors of the road while big fonts ensure that people can read your wrap from far away and at high speeds.
Your wrap should maintain your company’s signature colors and fonts where possible, along with a prominent logo and a call to action. Do you want them to visit your website or call you? Place that information on your wrap.
We’ve written about wrap design on our blog, so we won’t go into too much detail here. Check out our post on the subject if you want to learn more. Remember that this is a great opportunity to be creative. You can really stand out with a stunning vehicle wrap design.
Stand Out With Vehicle Wraps From SpeedPro
Of course, not every vehicle wrap is created equal. If you want one that provides high-quality graphics on a long-lasting material, SpeedPro can help. When you invest in a wrap from us, you make an investment in your company’s future.
With a high-quality wrap, you’ll stand out from the competition — no peeling or bad graphics on your company car. A bright, bold wrap will ensure that your viewers can see your custom automotive wrap from far away and bring them closer to becoming customers.
You spend a lot of time trying to show why your business is a cut above the rest. A quality wrap job can help by adding professionalism and visibility to the mix. An unmarked van coming to your house to do service work isn’t professional, if not downright disconcerting. Improve your clients’ confidence and boost advertising at the same time with a vehicle business wrap.
Working With SpeedPro on Your Custom Vehicle Wrap
Our team at SpeedPro is at the ready to consult with you and learn about your company’s unique needs and goals. In our consultations, we also discuss budgeting, so you can be sure that everything fits with your projected advertising expenses and there are no unpleasant surprises. After we figure out the scope of your project, we’ll create a custom plan for your car wrap.
After creating a car wrap with us, you’ll see why our clients come back to us time and time again. Your needs are our priority.
Find your nearest studio today to get a quote and begin planning a vehicle wrap.