3 WAYS PHOTO BACKDROPS CAN SET BRANDS APARTMAY 29, 2018| SpeedPro
CategoriesTrade Shows and Events
Photo backdrops transform consumers and event attendees into brand advocates in moments. They give attendees at a trade show or special event the chance to take pictures in front of a branded backdrop. Learn more about the top advantages of using photo backdrops, the best banners for custom backdrops and tips for getting the most out of them:
Top Benefits of Photo Backdrops
When you use a printed backdrop, you create a fun photo booth opportunity for attendees. They’ll love having their pictures taken in front of a professional-looking backdrop, with the picture letting them show off their outfits for the night and take a memento to remember the event.
Below you can find some backdrops that helped SpeedPro clients make a lasting impression, how they did it and the top ways photo backdrops add value to your business
1. Creates Lasting Memories
It’s hard to miss the big “An Evening at the Oscars” sign and tall, modified Oscars statue against the purple, black and gold background of this backdrop used by Fort Collins High School for a local event. This backdrop, with its fun theme, invites event attendees to have their picture taken in front of it. The director’s chair and big, white stars serve as enticing props.
With the name of the school and image of the mascot behind them, students will leave the event with a keepsake photo that will help them remember their high school experience fondly. Businesses can use backdrops in the same way. Consumers can pose for photos in front of a branded backdrop tied to a fun theme and will associate the good memories of that event with the business.
2. Establishes All-Star Brand Associations
Athletic teams often use backdrops to announce the acquisition of a new player they’re excited about. It lets the community know, “This is our superstar!” These backdrops include the name or logo of a team’s sponsor, which provides them free exposure and creates an association with the player in front of the backdrop.
Backdrops are a great way to promote partnerships. In a repeating pattern, both the Johnson City Cardinals logo and one of the team’s sponsors, Knoxville Employee Credit Union, stand out in this backdrop behind a podium. Ideally, this creates a symbiotic relationship – when people think the Johnson City Cardinals, a minor league baseball team in Tennessee, or their star player, they will also think of the credit union.
3. Serves as Versatile Billboard With Great ROI
Think of your backdrop as a versatile billboard. It’s large, branded and gets noticed. Using a backdrop at trade shows or conventions makes you stand out among your competitors or in a crowded convention space. It makes your company look more professional and attracts visitors to your area.
Backdrops provide a great return on investment. Because the backdrop can be packed up and moved around, it can be set up at various events – charity functions, conferences, grand openings and more – providing your brand with more exposure to different people.
And because attendees and media organizations are taking photos or videos in front of the backdrop, you’ll gain greater brand exposure. At the same time, these photos may be shared through text messages, email and social media platforms, further expanding awareness. Businesses and partner organizations should also share photos on their websites and social channels. As a result, hundreds to thousands more eyes will see the branding on the backdrop.
Finding Your Perfect Photo Backdrop
With all of the benefits that photo backdrops provide, you might be wondering how you can make your own custom backdrops for your next branded event. One of the best ways you can create a printed backdrop is through step and repeat banners.
Custom step and repeat banners are specifically designed for users to take pictures in front of them. Essentially, a step and repeat banner is made for people to step up to it, have a picture taken and then step aside for a new person, who repeats the process. Like any good photo backdrop, step and repeat banners are a favorite of attendees.
If step and repeat banners appeal to you, there are a few different types of step and repeat banners you can use:
- Retractable: Retractable banner stands are perfect for almost any location. Since the banners retract into stands, they’re easy to transport. You can set them up and take them down quickly. Retractable banners are commonly used as booth accents and backgrounds for pictures. You’ll find these banners in a variety of materials and sizes that make your images pop to viewers.
- Telescopic: A telescopic banner stand holds up your banner with two standing arms. Those who want their backdrops to be extra-wide regularly turn to this kind of banner stand, as they can be attached to each other to create an even wider backdrop. If you expect that large groups are going to want to take pictures in front of your custom backdrops, telescopic banner stands are a top choice.
- Spring back: For those who are looking for a low-cost photo backdrop that still looks great, spring back banner stands are an ideal choice. Spring back banner stands hold up backdrops with graphic rails to keep the banners upright. They’re also easy to transport, coming in a lightweight design and quick set up capabilities.
Tips for Using Your Backdrop
- Break Out the Props: If your backdrop is part of a gala, consider incorporating some props that will encourage people to have their pictures taken. People love to share fun or unique photos on social media.
- Avoid Glare: Backdrops are often made of vinyl, which can cause glare if not lit properly. Flashes from cameras will certainly create a glare. This glare will discourage people from sharing the photos. Go the extra mile to make sure your backdrop is staged correctly and consider hiring a professional photographer.
- Go in Together: If your budget is tight, ask the other brands or sponsors on the backdrop if they want to share the cost. After all, the backdrop is benefitting them as much as it’s benefitting you.
- Set up Where the People Are: Set up your backdrop near the entrance where everyone entering the space will see it. If that’s not possible, set up in another high traffic area. Also, since backdrops are typically large, make sure they are secured to the floor and won’t fall over.
Choose SpeedPro for Your Custom Photo Backdrop Needs
If you’re ready to get all of the benefits of using photo backdrops and take your events to the next level, you’ll need to turn to a company that can bring high-quality business signage to life. As a nationwide network of studios, SpeedPro has the staff, equipment and expertise needed to produce eye-catching photo backdrops to consumers.
To learn more about how SpeedPro can improve your bottom line with the right large-scale visuals and signage, check out our products and services.