Whether they use cars, vans, trucks or buses, companies from every industry have designated vehicles to accomplish business tasks. From delivering goods to providing house calls to meeting with clients, your automobiles are essential to your daily routines. They help you get the job done quickly without having to rely on rentals or public transit. But if you want to make the most of your company cars and trucks, you should consider adding custom vehicle lettering and graphics.
Vehicle graphics allow you to personalize automobiles to match your company’s branding. With custom vinyl designs, you can add valuable information, like your company name and contact information. You can also decorate it with your logo and other brand-appropriate images. While your employees are using the company vehicles, they’ll be simultaneously exposing your business to new potential customers.
This guide will take you through how you can use vehicle graphics in your business and the benefits they provide.
What Are Vehicle Graphics?
If your company has a designated vehicle or fleet, adding graphics is an excellent form of advertising. Automotive graphics include decals and vinyl stickers that are fully customizable. They’re one of the most effective types of marketing within the out-of-home advertising (OOH) umbrella. OOH, also referred to as outdoor advertising, is any ad consumers will see when they’re traveling or not in their home.
Custom auto graphics reach more consumers per day than most other types of advertising. They typically contain the same messages and information as billboards, but they bring them down to eye level. Drivers and pedestrians will be able to clearly see your company name, logo and any other details. Whether your graphics are on a car, van, truck or bus, it guarantees you more exposure than a stationary sign.
When you create a graphic design for your automobiles, you should consider including the following elements.
- Company name: Regardless of what else you include, it’s essential to have your company’s name printed boldly and clearly. It’s the most basic information you can give about your business. Keep in mind that people need to be able to read it as you drive by. Making it simple and isolating it from other graphics or elements will give pedestrians and other drivers the best chances of accurately reading your name.
- Logo: In addition to your company’s name, you should also include the logo. Putting the two side by side will help viewers associate them, creating better brand recognition than using one independently of the other. Logos are noticeable and more easily identifiable than a name, making them perfect for moving vehicles.
- Slogan: If your company has a specific slogan or catchphrase associated with your brand, it may be helpful to add it to your graphic design. Not only will they help with brand recognition, but if they’re well-written, they can be very memorable. The point of advertising is to have your business stick in potential customers’ heads, and a catchy slogan can accomplish just that.
- Contact information: One of the most crucial pieces of information to include is some way people can get in touch with you. You can add a phone number, email, website address, social media handle or any combination you desire. For your graphics to be as effective as possible, you need to give interested customers a way to get in touch with your company or learn more.
- Branding: While each detail is equally crucial, you need to make sure every graphic you include has a design that matches your branding. From the fonts you choose to the color and style, the more cohesive everything is, the more recognizable your vehicle will be.
Uses for Vehicle Graphics
Since they’re so versatile, vehicle graphics are perfect for many different industries. From technology companies to food service to local tourist attractions, every business can use vehicle advertising to their advantage. You can keep it simple with your company name and logo or make the most of the space with images and other information.
Graphics are excellent for many types of vehicles, including the following.
- Company cars: Some companies have designated cars for their employees or to travel for business purposes. Adding graphics to the sides or back of the vehicle is a great way to spread your name. Wherever your employees go, they’ll be advertising your products and services, raising brand awareness with no additional advertising efforts.
- Delivery vehicles: From restaurants to furniture stores, many different businesses use delivery vehicles. They’re a great way to increase profits and provide better customer service. But those vehicles are also perfect opportunities to increase exposure for your company. With vehicle graphics, you can turn your delivery cars into mobile advertising.
- Truck fleets: Whether you offer independent shipping services for your customers or are continually moving product from place to place, truck fleets are a necessary part of many industries. You may also have a group of vehicles that take your services mobile. Regardless of your trucks’ specific purposes, vehicle graphics can turn them into valuable advertising space.
- Public transit: Buses are always moving in busy cities, circling their routes. Not only are they one of the largest and most noticeable vehicles on the road, but people who rely on public transit services actively look for them. Their sides are broad and flat, making them perfect for advertising opportunities. With the number of people that use them and the amount of ground they cover per day, buses and other forms of transit are like moving billboards.
- Boats: Vinyl vehicle graphics are waterproof, making them suitable for boats as well. Advertising on your boat can be useful in densely populated marina areas or around docks. Visitors and other boaters will be able to see it when it’s in the dock, and if you place your logo or company name strategically, they’ll see it as you drive by.
The Benefits of Custom Vehicle Graphics
Applying graphics to your company vehicles takes advantage of valuable open space. If you’re already traveling to worksites, businesses, customer homes and other locations, adding information to your autos will make every trip more valuable. Outdoor advertisements, including those placed on automobiles, are highly effective. They have proven abilities to reach and influence more consumers, as OOH ads affect 70% of people’s decisions about where to spend their money.
Custom vehicle lettering and graphics are a beneficial advertising choice for any business. With your designs and help from a professional imaging company, you’ll be able to do the following.
1. Increase Your Exposure
Company vehicles are always on the move. Whether they’re out for delivery or your team is driving to a work location, your vehicles pass by a large number of people daily. If your business is in a large city, even one car can cross paths with thousands of people. The sheer level of exposure is what makes vehicle graphics one of the most efficient forms of advertising. They’re able to reach a broader audience for less expense per thousand views than any other type of outdoor advertising.
Having a form of mobile advertising also means you’ll have exposure to different demographics. While your other advertising methods may target specific demographics, vehicle graphics have a broader audience. They may bring in customers who never would’ve known about your business otherwise. If someone on the street is facing a specific problem that your business solves, seeing your mobile ad may inspire them to look into your company.
To get the best possible results, design a straightforward graphic layout that includes the essential details about your business. You want people to be able to see and understand your graphics from a distance and while in motion. However, it also needs to be eye-catching and memorable. If passersby notice and remember your branding the first time they see it, they’ll be able to recognize it on a second encounter.
2. Include Vehicles in Cohesive Branding
Every business needs to have a cohesive brand. From marketing materials and advertisements to logos, all your details need to match up. The more organized your business’ brand is, the more likely customers are to recognize it in various forms of ads.
Vehicle graphics are excellent for increasing your exposure to the public. But for your designs to be effective, they have to be quickly recognizable and understandable. That means your vehicle should not only match your company’s branding, but also be distinctive. Your vehicle graphics may be the first encounter a person has with your business, so you need to design them as though you’re introducing the company.
Creating graphics that connect your vehicles to your company branding makes your business more recognizable at a glance. Well-planned branding that spans all your company’s materials will also make you look more organized and professional. When you’re arranging your vehicle design, you should match the colors, fonts and overall style to your company. However, be careful not to make it look too crowded, as readability is a significant factor in whether or not your graphics are effective.
3. Update Your Look
Whether you want to rebrand your company or only update the look of your vehicles, vinyl graphics make it a snap to make changes. It’s essential to stay up to date with current trends and modernize your branding when it goes out of style. Rebranding takes a lot of time, effort and money, so it’s beneficial to simplify wherever you can.
Using vehicle graphics rather than getting full paint jobs or wraps allows you to switch up your design quickly and with minimal effort. Paint jobs take time to prep, apply and dry. When you want to upgrade your look, removing the design and repainting can keep you from conducting business for a more extended period. Vinyl is easy to apply and remove, and won’t damage the finish on your vehicles, allowing you to get back to work faster.
If your company leases vehicles for business purposes, you can still customize them with vinyl graphics. Unlike paint, adhesive vinyl doesn’t violate most lease agreements. Some leasing companies even include vinyl application in the original financing. To make sure graphics aren’t in violation, carefully review your lease and hire a reliable installer to apply the vinyl.
4. Stay Within Your Budget
When you’re running a business, large or small, budgeting is always a concern. You likely have a budget set up for your vehicle usage and maintenance, as well as for marketing materials. While full paint jobs and wraps can be expensive for some budgets, printing and applying individual vinyl graphics and lettering can help you save money. For new businesses or those with tight budgets, graphics are a perfect way to brand vehicles without breaking the bank.
Most vehicle graphics consist of adhesive vinyl. The material is flexible and has a sticky backside, making it a cinch to apply. While the process is relatively simple, you’ll get the best results by working with a professional installation team. From the initial design to the final application steps, working with an imaging company can help you get through the process quickly with the results you want.
The application process involves the following steps.
- Prepare the application surface: Before beginning the process, you need to thoroughly clean the surface where you intend to place the graphic. If there is any residual dirt, wax or oil, the vinyl may not stick well enough, or it could cause bumps and unevenness. Using ammonia may also prevent the vinyl from adhering, so choose a milder cleaning solution and apply it with a cloth.
- Position and secure the graphic: Place the graphic where you want to affix it and secure it in place with tape. By doing this before removing the backing, you can adjust it as many times as you need to get the perfect positioning. It’s an especially helpful step when you need to arrange multiple graphics together.
- Remove the backing: Once you have the right placement, carefully remove the backing and press the adhesive side onto the surface. For larger graphics, it’s helpful to keep the edges taped in place and remove the backing in two halves or several sections. Keep the protective front layer on to avoid damaging the design.
- Smooth out bubbles and wrinkles: With a squeegee or flat-edged tool, smooth the vinyl out to remove any bubbles or wrinkles. Work from the center outward to push them toward the edges.
- Remove protective layer: When the graphic is fully affixed and smooth, remove the protective layer on the front. You can smooth it out one last time if there are any remaining defects.
Create Custom Vehicle Graphics With SpeedPro
If you want to make the most of your company vehicles, adding branded graphics is an excellent investment. But you need to know you’re working with a reliable imaging studio.
SpeedPro will help you through the process from start to finish. Our team of professionals will work with you to create vinyl graphics that fit your needs and budget. You’ll have the advantage of industry-leading products as well as quality, large format printing. We use high-grade vinyl sheets and ink, meaning your designs will come out bright and bold. Not only will your vehicles grab the attention of others, but the graphics will also stay beautiful for years.
For top-quality auto graphics near you, SpeedPro’s got you covered. To start creating your custom graphics, find your local studio, and we’ll provide a consultation and quote.