Elevators are everywhere, and now there’s a way to design them into your building’s decor. When most adults think of elevators, they’ll think of waiting for the door to open, awkward rides with strangers (facing forward, of course!) and cramped quarters. Instead, decals and full door or interior elevator wraps can provide short or long term branding, event-specific theme graphics or a decorative motif to complement other interior elements.Request a Quote
What Are Elevator Wraps?
Elevator wraps are large graphic prints that adhere to either the outside or the inside of elevator doors or the elevator’s inside walls. They’re also occasionally applied to the floor and ceiling of the “car” to create a fully immersive experience. Elevator wraps that are installed on doors are sometimes referred to as elevator door skins. These wraps are a unique and effective advertising tool for a few reasons.
In brief, the unique advertising advantages that elevator wraps offer include:
- Microtargeting: Elevator ads are tied to a specific physical location, helping to target an intended audience geographically, either generally by region or by the specific building.
- Creativity: Elevator wraps give your business the opportunity to design especially creative ads that catch elevator riders’ attention and make a lasting impact.
- Exclusivity: Elevators covered in a wrap typically won’t have multiple advertisements competing with one another — elevator wraps are able to monopolize this prime advertising space.
- Captive audiences: Frankly, there isn’t much else to demand a person’s attention when they’re waiting for an elevator or riding the elevator to their destination, so distractions are few.
Creative Approaches to Elevator Wrap Design
A quick online search of “elevator wraps,” “elevator advertising” or “elevator graphics” will soon make you aware that the sky is the limit when it comes to your marketing or graphic design team’s creativity. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Dynamic design: One idea is to create a wrap that makes sense as a static image but gains additional meaning when the doors open to reveal the inside of the elevator. The idea is that, when the elevator doors open, the people waiting to ride — who are sure to be watching the door — will be amused to see the cleverness behind the image.
- Total immersion: Some companies go all out to create a wrap that covers the entire inside of an elevator, including floor and ceiling. This strategy can create an immersive experience where elevator riders engage with the whole graphic rather than simply viewing it in front of them. For example, an aquarium may cover the inside of an elevator with a graphic that appears to place riders inside an aquarium tank.
- Optical illusion: Along the same lines as the total immersion idea, some other creative elevator advertisements create an optical illusion. For example, you could make it look like there’s no back wall by covering the wall in a wrap of the city’s skyline, or you could make it appear as though there’s no floor by covering the floor in an image of an elevator shaft.
These ideas are a few ways you can get creative in your elevator advertising but don’t get overwhelmed. Just remember the principles of graphic design and advertising that you already know as you create a space that captures people’s attention and helps them engage at the moment.
Partner with SpeedPro San Francisco Peninsula for all of your large-format printing needs.
We’re the Bay Area’s leader in visual marketing and signage. If you’re ready to build your brand in a big way, our graphics specialists are ready to partner with you. From large format banners, wall murals, trade show displays, and vehicle wraps that make one, or a whole fleet of vehicles stand out, our dedication to quality products, efficient service, and fast turnaround stands out amongst our competition.
Your visual communication challenges will only take a quick consultation with our dedicated staff before a solution comes together.
SpeedPro SF Peninsula is your back-pocket marketing expert. With countless years of combined service, our printing staff knows how to transform the most challenging of problems into incredible opportunities.
We’re committed to understanding you and your specific needs and we’re not afraid to dive deep and produce BIG results. As San Francisco’s leading large format print studio, we understand the importance of tailored marketing. Through our hands-on approach, we’ve helped countless company’s share their unique brand voice. Check out our portfolio to see how SpeedPro SF Peninsula can help your business shine.
SpeedPro San Francisco Peninsula is proud to support communities between San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Our area of service includes, but is not limited to; San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, San Francisco County, Santa Cruz County, South San Francisco / Burlingame, Redwood City, Palo Alto, & Mountain View.
Contact us today to learn more about how SpeedPro’s visual marketing products can help transform your bran