When you invest in signage for your business, be sure to make good use of your front door. Your front door is right in front of your clients’ eyes as they enter your business — they have to reach out and touch it before they can come in. A lively, attractive, informative front door appeals to clients and makes them more interested in what you have to offer.
Window decals are a form of out-of-home advertising — advertising that focuses on consumers when they are out in the world, as opposed to being at home, looking at their phones or watching TV. Most people spend 70% of their waking time out of their homes, and advertising to consumers while they’re not at home typically returns $2.80 for every dollar spent. Television advertising, in contrast, returns only $2.41 for every dollar spent.
Use decals as door signs to brighten up your front door and help you reach out to potential clients. Here some ways to do just that.
What Are Door Decals?
Door decals are a great way to promote your business and catch the eye. They’re typically made of vinyl and have an adhesive backing you can easily peel off before affixing the decals to your door. By using door decals for a creative and appealing visual effect, you can advertise your brand and entice both old and new clients to check out your offerings.
Door decals’ strong adhesive helps them remain firmly in place on your company’s door, even if it opens and closes hundreds of times throughout the day. But if you want to change things up by using fresh decals to complement the season or advertise a special sale or product, door decals are easy to peel off the door when you’re ready. You can even stick them to their old backings, lay them flat in a cool, dry place and store them conveniently until you’re ready to use them again.
One of the greatest advantages of door decals is this versatility. You can get decals in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors to use throughout the year. Or you can get a few decals that you love and leave them up to advertise for your business 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whatever you decide to do, your use of colorful, durable, professionally made decals will impress people with your sense of style, your care for your clients’ experience and your commitment to your business.
Types of Door Decals for Business
Door decals come in a few different types, so you can choose the style that best fits your business and its aesthetic. Door decals are also a breeze to customize. So if you’re looking for a specific color scheme to match your existing branding, want to recreate your distinctive logo or need very large, small or intricately shaped graphics, it’s easy to get the perfect decals to make your business look bright and inviting.
Most door decals are made of calendered vinyl with an adhesive backing. Calendered vinyl is rolled out with hard-pressure rollers to create an even thickness, usually 3 to 6 millimeters. Calendered vinyl decals are generally rated for several years of outdoor durability.
Calendered vinyl door decals are easy to customize and enhance through a couple of different finishes and printing options.
- Laminated door decals: Lamination gives decals a glossy finish that looks great and helps protect the decals from the elements. It is particularly recommended for door decals, since they will be mounted outside and exposed to all kinds of weather, from blistering sun to pelting rain to frigid ice and snow. Lamination helps extend the lifespan of the door decals and keep them looking their best through many seasons.
- Contour-cut door decals: Door decals can be simple rectangles, but they can also take more surprising, exciting forms. Contour-cutting allows you to create decals cut into specific, creative shapes. Do you own a car dealership and want your door decals to be cut into the shapes of shiny new cars and trucks? Maybe you run a pet-boarding facility and want your decals to take the shapes of frolicking cats and dogs. With custom contour-cut decals, you can make that happen. Be aware, though, that intricate shapes may take a bit longer to cut and finish than simpler forms.
- Single-sided door decals: Single-sided decals are typically used for solid doors. They have printing one side and adhesive on the other, and they can be mounted either on the outside of the door, facing out, or on the inside of the door, facing in. They are a great choice for communicating with clients on the street or inside the business.
- Double-sided door decals: Businesses often use double-sided door decals on glass doors or doors that contain a glass panel. Glass door decals for businesses are advantageous because they allow you to display your message in both directions at once. Use double-sided door decals to create a colorful scene that clients can view from both the outside and inside of your business. Just remember that lettering will be reversed on one side, so double-sided door decals tend to work better for graphics than text.
Benefits of Door Decals for Business
Door decals provide a variety of different benefits for your business:
- Can’t-miss marketing: Your front door stands front and center in your business, so using it to display attractive decals means passersby will take undoubtedly notice of your message. If you’re trying to increase the visibility of your business on your street or stand out to more people, door decals should make up part of any effective strategy.
- Customization: Door decals are endlessly customizable. Whether you need a specific color scheme, graphics to match your other signage, unique shapes and sizes or whimsical characters to bring your business to life, you’re in good hands. Door decals are versatile enough to give your business a vibrant look that’s exactly what you’ve imagined.
- Durability: Unlike a paper sign that may tear, bleed or blow away, door decals will stick firmly to your door for years if you want them to. The careful craftsmanship that goes into their manufacture means they will withstand the elements and look fantastic for a long time.
- Effective communication: Door decals offer a convenient way to communicate with your clients. Use different decals to announce new products or special promotions. Or create seasonal greetings for the holidays to make your clients feel a festive spirit when they visit your business — and feel cared about as well.
- Engaging a new clientele: Every business wants to attract new clients, but expanding an existing client base can be hard to do. Door decals help you take a step in the right direction. Using bright colors, bold shapes and eye-catching designs will make people smile as they walk down the street and catch sight of your door — and bringing a smile to people’s day is a great way to capture their attention.
- Boosting brand awareness and recognition: Even if you have other, larger business signage, using door decals is a great way to reinforce your branding. Engaging door decals help capture attention and make your business stick out to potential clients among the many storefronts competing for their patronage. Even if people don’t stop in right away, they’ll likely remember your business and make a point of coming by later to check it out.
Stand Out Among the Crowd With Custom Business Door Decals From SpeedPro
Custom door decals provide a wonderful, effective and affordable way to advertise your brand and enhance your clients’ experience of your business. But to get the most out of your door decals, make sure you work with a trusted, dependable printing company to create them.
Speedpro has just what you need. The friendly, knowledgeable professionals on our teams can help you through the design process and make sure you get every detail right. Our quick turnaround times mean you can trust us to provide speedy results and handle your time-sensitive needs. And our high-quality materials and cutting-edge printing technology mean your decals will look bright, polished and professional when they arrive at your door — and will stay looking great for years.
Find a SpeedPro near you today to get started.