Signage can be as unique as the business that needs it. There is a wide variety of materials to choose from and thousands of applications. One of the most versatile types of signage is vinyl decals. Vinyl is thin, flexible and has an adhesive backing, making it perfect for virtually any smooth surface. Application and removal are also straightforward and don’t necessarily require professional installation, meaning you can change your designs with ease.
This guide will take you through the different types of vinyl decals and how you can use them to your business’ benefit.
Types of Vinyl Decals
Vinyl is an excellent material for signage. It has a broad range of versatility as it adheres to a variety of smooth surfaces, such as windows, mirrors, flooring tiles, walls and even pavement. It’s also flexible, durable and weather resistant. On top of that, you can customize the look of the decals extensively, from color and shape to opacity. The options are limitless.
Vinyl decals come in several designs and sizes, created for a variety of purposes. While they’re also completely customizable, you can order them based on where you intend to apply them. Large vinyl decals are perfect for window spaces and floors, while smaller varieties work well on vehicles and doors. No matter how you want to decorate or advertise, they’ll meet your needs.
The different types of vinyl decals include:
Window and Vehicle Decals
There are many different ways you can use window decals. For example, if you have a company car that you allow your employees to drive to meetings or other business functions, you can apply your company’s name, logo and contact information to the back window. You can do the same with delivery vehicles, trucks and even your car, if you run a small business. Whenever you drive, your custom window vinyl decals will multiply your business’ exposure significantly.
You also have several options when it comes to window coverage. If you want to add the necessary information without covering too much of the car, you can use cut-out lettering. You can also do the opposite and completely obscure back windows with perforated vinyl. It allows you and any passengers to see out, prevents strangers from seeing in and shades sunlight. This shielding can be helpful for those who keep tools, delivery packages or other valuable or fragile items in their business vehicles.
Vinyl decals also work well on the sides of vehicles. They adhere just as they would on a window, and you can remove them easily without damaging the paint. You can keep it simple with a small logo or name, or thoroughly decorate the vehicle to catch more attention. It all depends on your preferences and branding.
Vinyl Floor Decals
Any business or office is sure to have open floor space, whether it’s indoors or outside. Business owners often overlook floors as a space for advertising or branding materials, but they have a lot of potential with the use of floor decals. The vinyl adheres to most surfaces, and the flatter it is, the better the decal will stick.
Floor decals have a unique purpose, but they’re excellent for a wide variety of applications, such as:
- Wayfinding: You can use floor decals to creatively direct visitors to specific parts of your building. You can use footsteps or other shapes to lead guests to conference rooms. Decals also work well to mark doors or store sections, such as directing people through a line or to the checkout counter.
- Sale advertisement: In-store sales can be a significant point of revenue for your business. But your customers need to know what’s on sale and how large of a price reduction you’re offering. You can use floor decals to signify sections where sales are and show a percentage off or deal with graphics, such as buy-one-get-one. The graphics can also include the dates you’re running the sale, the name of the event and bright colors to attract shoppers’ attention.
- Visibility: When your business is independent of other buildings, it’s easier to see. But if you have a storefront on a busy street, it can be easier to miss for those walking on the sidewalk. A well-placed decal outside your door can draw people in and increase your visibility, even if they’re looking at the ground.
- Branding: Placing decals on the floor throughout your store can help solidify your branding. If you apply your logo to the area inside your front doors, it’ll remind your customers of your business’ name and image, reinforcing your brand and providing an attractive focal point. You can also use it in your parking lot to brighten up the space and bring attention to your building.
Storefront Vinyl Decals
For brick and mortar businesses, standing out is essential. Whether your building located on an independent piece of property or a tightly packed city street, you should focus on attracting the attention of customers, near or far. If you have the benefit of large front windows, especially on a busy street, storefront decals can catch the eye of passersby and increase your store’s visibility.
With vinyl window decals for businesses, you can decorate your front windows with many graphics and details. You can include your business’ name, logo, graphics, design elements and essential business details, such as opening and closing hours or social media usernames. There are many styles you may choose from as well, including cut lettering, unique shapes, full window coverage and more. You can even adjust the opacity of the design to give your business’ name a frosted or colored backdrop.
If you want to take full advantage of the space and want to shade out the sun, you can install transparent, opaque or perforated window wraps, which cover the whole window. They allow you to design the entire window with patterns, colors or graphics. The perforated variety will enable customers in your store to see out the windows but will appear as a solid graphic to those outside. Large custom vinyl decals allow you to display attention-grabbing graphics on the outside of your store, which helps with branding and attracting new customers.
Benefits of Vinyl Decals
With several styles to choose from and so many customization options, vinyl decals offer many advantages to your business. They’re a unique form of signage and can provide many benefits, depending on how you use them.
Some of the benefits of using vinyl decals include:
- Cost efficiency: Vinyl is a cost-effective material, meaning you can order decals at a lower price than most traditional signage. Keeping your budget low will allow you to either invest more money elsewhere or add to your advertising plan. You’ll be able to afford decals for multiple areas and uses.
- Versatility: Since vinyl will adhere to most flat surfaces, you have a lot of options when it comes to placement. You can focus on a single space or spread your advertising out among several areas. Decals are excellent as store signage, mobile advertisements, temporary sale promoters and even decoration.
- Customization: There are very few limitations to what you can do with vinyl, and you have complete stylistic freedom. With the help of a trustworthy imaging company, you can design the exact shape, size, colors, graphics and text for your needs.
- Audience: Vinyl decals are an excellent way to broaden your audience and attract the eyes of more potential customers. You can use the decals in your business, outside and on your vehicles, reaching more people each day than you would with regular signage.
- Ease of use: Vinyl is excellent for temporary and permanent use. It’s durable enough to withstand any weather, and the colors will stay vibrant. But it’s also easy to adhere and remove, so you can change up your style and advertising as often as you need.
Customize Vinyl Decals With SpeedPro
From floor graphics and custom vinyl window decals to any other type of business signage, SpeedPro has you covered. With a large network of studios across the country, we offer top-quality indoor and outdoor signage solutions. Our professional staff specializes in digital imaging and print products, using high-grade materials and innovative processes. We’ll help you through the creation process, from the initial design steps to installation.
Invest in the future of your business by partnering with SpeedPro. To get started, find your local studio for a free consultation or to contact us with any questions.