Most companies want their office space to look attractive and inviting to both customers and employees. However, many either forget or don’t know that their windows can be a medium for establishing their brand, providing privacy, adding an appealing atmosphere to office space and advertising new products, among many other uses.
A company that uses a visually appealing glass film design can personalize their office and give their employees a sense of identity. One of the best glass film designs for offices is etched glass window vinyl.
Types of Window Film
As etched glass window vinyl is a type of film, you’ll need to understand the different kinds of films available for windows before you decide if it’s right for you. There is a variety of films that come with their own features and benefits that may be more appropriate for your company’s needs.
- Transparent films: This film is entirely see-through and can include text or graphics. It’s a film designed to be minimalistic, retaining the look of a regular window with some graphics included on it.
- Translucent films: Similar to the transparent film, this film is completely see-through except for the graphics included in it. The difference between them is that translucent is crafted to be backlit so that the graphics are visible to consumers at night.
- Perforated films: As a more complex film, a perforated film will only let people see out of a window, but will not let them see into it. This sort of film is perfect for privacy because it doesn’t allow pedestrians to see into a building. Additionally, it lets a building or vehicle’s window be covered entirely in graphics, providing a large canvas to call attention to a company or its products.
- Opaque films: Instead of being see-through, opaque films completely restrict any ability to look through the window on either side. These films will be made out of a solid color. On top of these colors, graphics or text can be printed to show off your brand to people who seem them. For instance, if you have large glass windows that faces a busy street, you can use an opaque film over them to produce a sort of streetside billboard.
- Crystal films: A crystal film delivers an etched glass appearance. As such, it can also be called etched glass window vinyl. These films are often used on interior windows to create privacy, especially in offices that have glass walls or partitions. Though they can obscure sight through a window, they will allow light to pass through which many employees will be sure to appreciate.
What Is Etched Glass Window Vinyl?
Etched glass vinyl is a version of custom vinyl decals and lettering that can be applied to glass surfaces. As such, etched glass window vinyl can be defined as a version of a custom decal that is applied to the glass of a window. For an etched glass look, all you need to do is apply a vinyl decal print to glass.
Etching refers to a glass treatment process that uses chemicals, acids or other compounds on glass to create visual designs and change the opacity of the glass. In this etching process, you can create a frosted pattern on a clear pane.
With etched glass window vinyl, you can get the appearance of etching onto a window without having to go through the whole chemical process. Faux etched glass windows still offer high quality, visually appealing designs that have the advantage of being more affordable and can be removed easily at a later date. Glass film also allows you to add color, which you can’t do with chemical etching.
Are There Other Names for Etched Glass?
Etched glass might also be referred to as privacy glass, frosted glass, architectural glass decorative windows. Additionally, crystal film also replicates the look of etched glass and is what is used by digital imaging studios who install prints for companies. Regardless of the name, the glass-based surface prints will give both visual and practical benefits to windows.
There’s no difference between frosted and etched glass. Frosted and etched glass are both referring to the same finished product. However, etching refers to the act of altering the glass’s look, while frosted refers to how the glass looks like it’s coated in ice after it’s been etched. Whatever you choose to call it, know that the frosted or etched glass can be used interchangeably as terms.
Where Is Etched Glass Vinyl Used?
Etched glass can be used in a variety of areas to provide either a visually appealing alternative to plain glass or to give a functional benefit like privacy. Below are some of the most popular uses of etched glass vinyl.
- Room partitions: If you have rooms in your office are separated by glass windows or walls, you can use etched glass to block off rooms visually to provide privacy. To accomplish this, a digital imaging studio will frost a room wall or window so no one can see in.
- Privacy windows: As many companies and storefronts have office space that faces distracting foot traffic, they like to install frosted privacy window film that obscures the view out of or into their windows. Natural light can still come in, but employees will be free from prying eyes of those walking by outside and will have a greater sense of privacy.
- Storefront windows: Frosted window signs can be placed on the front of a store to attract customers. Rather than create a sense of privacy, it can be used as a decorative window that catches the eye of those passing by. For instance, you can use colors that stand out to people walking or driving by. Along with colors, you can make sure that no one ever misses your store by prominently displaying your company’s name and logo.
Benefits of Etched Glass Window Vinyl
As a form of window graphics, etched glass window vinyl comes with several qualities that add value to your business. From adding privacy to your office space to drawing customers to storefront, etched glass vinyl delivers a variety of benefits:
1. Visual Appeal
With etched windows, you can combine personalization and professionalism into one sleek package. For instance, you might frost most of a window but then have your logo etched into a portion of the window. By personalizing a window while still holding it to high design standards, you’ll cause people to stop to admire your sign or to inquire about what kind of business you do. Capture the attention of customers with a design that refuses to be ignored.
Use the window to highlight important information that you want those passing by to remember and that will fit well in the space. Providing customers with your company’s name, logo, hours of operation, contact information, website or social media handles will provide practical information and stick in customers’ minds due to their visual appeal.
Office employees tend to be less motivated, less comfortable and less productive without privacy. Since privacy is linked to better employee productivity and comfort, adding frosted glass vinyl to key areas around the office will help employees stay engaged in their work throughout the day.
Whether your office features windows that pedestrians continuously walk past or uses glass partitions, etched glass vinyl can provide your employees with more privacy while they work. Depending on where your company has glass windows or partitions, you could consider adding a frosted vinyl for glass to conference rooms, privacy pods, break rooms, client consultation areas, dining areas or breakout workstations. Wherever you decide to place them, your employees or coworkers are sure to enjoy the extra privacy.
To build brand awareness, you’ll want to use window graphics, especially if your office or store can be seen by car or foot traffic.
The first step to any branding effort is to get potential customers or clients to hear about your company. The next step will then have them make a connection between your name and the services or products that you offer.
Strategically placed window graphics can expose people to your business for the first time, helping them develop some awareness about your name or logo. For those who have already heard of your company, the overall design and look of your window graphic can complement the rest of your advertising initiatives. Keeping your window graphics consistent with the rest of your branding efforts will cause customers to continue to build an image of your brand in their mind.
If you have sales or specials going on, adding an etched glass vinyl to your window can advertise your latest deals and promotions. You can customize your window in many different ways that provide those passing by with information that will make them interested in what your organization has to offer. Some ideas for this sort of promotion could include information about monthly specials, new merchandise, seasonal sales, membership plans and product releases.
Along with being visually appealing, your window graphics will generate an atmosphere and personality that your employees and clients will connect to. With an expertly designed full window decal that uses frosted vinyl printing, you can say something about your company’s personality while also setting the mood for your employees every day they come to work.
Its ability to let in the light will help keep the mood up in your office. For example, an opaque window decal that doesn’t let in light can make your employees feel like they are stuck in an artificial environment. Going with an etched glass window vinyl will allow for natural lighting while still providing privacy. This choice will also make the environment feel less artificial as you connect employees with a natural element, causing them to feel less restricted.
If your windows can tell employees that you are a company centered around professionalism or creativity, it’s likely that they’ll try to mimic those qualities in their own projects. Additionally, installing an etched glass look with window film can show your clients your dedication to your brand and the quality of your work. Leaving a lasting impression with your office windows will help you to gain their trust and close on a sale.
Faux etched glass windows will save you money. Instead of paying someone to do highly specialized glass etching work, you can order a vinyl print that maintains the same quality of appearance but for a reduced cost.
With the right kind of etched glass vinyl, you can regulate temperatures during summer months while still providing natural light to the office. It can even direct the correct amount of sunlight to different parts of your office so that you don’t get too little or too much sun throughout it. With this sort of office glass film in place, you can rely on natural light during the day rather than having to spend money turning on the light switch.
Unlike genuinely etched glass, vinyl etched glass can be changed easily. For any updates made to your logo or marketing messages, you can quickly replace the vinyl to reflect the changes. Additionally, if you’re hoping to advertise any new products or different season-appropriate goods, you’ll want to be able to switch out the etched glass window vinyl to display the most relevant information.
This sort of flexibility will not go unnoticed. Rotating window decals and signs created through etched glass will send a message to clients and customers that you’re an active and up-to-date company that is constantly evolving. If you’re a store that sees a lot of returning customers, fresh new etched glass window vinyl will give returning customers the feeling that they consistently see something new every time they come back to your business.
Get Etched Glass Window Vinyl From SpeedPro
If you’re looking to provide your employees with greater privacy or show off attractive graphics, etched glass window vinyl is an exceptional choice. By giving your windows the appearance of frosted glass, you’ll impress your clients without having to spend the money that it would require to create the same effect with the actual etching process. As soon as you’re ready to roll out a new graphic or branded message, just remove the vinyl film and replace it with another.
As the only nationwide network of digital imaging studios focused on the production of large format graphics, SpeedPro knows how to turn your windows into statements. Any of our studios will be happy to assist you as you figure out what designs and graphics will look best. Find your local studio today, and speak to one of our qualified representatives about your needs.