Custom Flag Signage
When you want to get people’s attention, there may be no better way than with a custom flag. Flags are bright, colorful and eye-catching. If they’re outside, they even have the advantage of swaying in the breeze, creating a dynamic display. Whatever message you want to share, a flag can help you do it.
One of the best uses for flags is in front of your business. For example, picture a line of flags that announce your company’s core values. When people see words like “integrity” or “efficiency” boldly displayed on a flag in front of your place of business, they should begin to associate those values with your brand. Even just your company logo on a flag can help build brand awareness and potentially bring in new customers.
Flags are also great marketing tools at events. Whether you’re at a trade show, festival or other community event, you can use flags as a festive way to get people excited about your company. If you work in real estate or property management, flags can help you announce an open house or that apartments are available for rent.
Flags don’t only work outdoors. You can place them indoors, as well. For example, if you have a retail space inside a mall, flags can help pull mall shoppers into your store. You can even use flags in an office building. They are incredibly versatile and can help you market your business just about anywhere. Whatever the location, SpeedPro’s custom flag service will fly your message for all to see.
How Flag Signage Can Help Boost Brand Awareness
All companies should be concerned about building brand awareness. Before people seek out your products or services, they need to know about your brand. The ultimate goal for brand awareness is that, when people think about the products or services your company is known for, they think of your business before any other.
So, how can you boost brand awareness? The short answer is through advertising. Marketing campaigns may have specific goals, such as to launch a new product line or to announce an upcoming sale, but an underlying goal of all marketing is to raise awareness of your brand. Of course, there are countless ways you can market your business.
In today’s world, you can’t deny the power of online marketing, but that doesn’t mean you should abandon more traditional types of advertising. Banners, decals, flags and more can all help you get your brand out there. Especially if you’re a small business mostly concerned with attracting local consumers, it makes sense to include eye-catching displays in locations where you can reach those consumers specifically.
Flags have some unique characteristics as an advertising medium that make them an excellent choice for boosting brand awareness. Flag signage is:
- Fun: One of the unique things about flags compared to other marketing mediums is that they appear fun and whimsical, like kites or pinwheels. Flags also have a festive appearance that’s perfect for events like fairs or festivals. As a general rule, people tend to have positive associations with flags, so they aren’t likely to see them as a nuisance as they may other types of advertisements. Ads can sometimes feel intrusive, but flags are fun.
- Dynamic: Another advantage flags offer is that they move in the wind, making them dynamic. We have long known that, when people see movement in their peripheral vision, it automatically grabs their attention. Therefore, a fluttering or rotating flag is more likely to attract someone’s attention than a still advertisement is. Though flag poles are flexible and rotate in the wind, the flag itself will remain stretched over the pole so it’s fully readable, even when it’s moving around.
- Colorful: Flags can also be colorful. Imagine you’re jogging through the park and spot a bright orange or bright blue flag. You’re probably going to be interested in what it has to say. By using colors associated with your brand, you can help boost your brand awareness with every passerby, whether your flags are outside, in front of your trade show booth, at a community event or anywhere else. If you want to include text, consider making your background lighter and the text darker for a bold effect.
- Tall: Flags come in a variety of sizes, but many of them are quite tall. The tallest flags from SpeedPro are over 18 feet high. Something that large commands people’s attention and is more likely to be seen from greater distances. If you’re looking for a way to make your signage more impactful, you don’t need to overthink it. By simply making it bigger, you increase your chances of getting people’s attention.
- Concise: Though flags can be tall, they’re all pretty narrow. That means you have to be concise with your messaging to fit it on the flag and make it readable. While this may feel like a challenge when you’re designing your flag, the result will be simple, bold text that people are more likely to read compared to long, drawn-out messages. In some cases, all you need is your company’s logo or just a single word to have an impact.
- Weather-resistant: Flags can be placed indoors, but they’re also made to stand up to outdoor conditions. This is true for all outdoor flag signage, but some shapes are especially well-suited to dealing with more intense winds. Because flags are so durable, you can expect them to last a long time, even when they’re subject to rain, wind, snow and other forces of nature. Extreme weather may still be an issue, but typical weather conditions won’t hurt your flag signage.
- Visible 24/7: When you post flags outside, especially next to a busy street or popular area of town, you can be confident that your flag signage will have ongoing exposure. They work around the clock advertising for your business without you ever having to do anything after that initial installation. If you install them in a well-lit area, then they will even be visible at night.
In addition to these many benefits for boosting your brand awareness, flags are an extremely cost-effective marketing option for businesses. Especially if you post flags at your own place of business and don’t have to pay for advertising space, you can continue to reap returns on a relatively small upfront investment. If you use flags in your trade show or event displays, you can reuse them over and over again.
Types of Branded Flag Signage
There’s no doubt that custom flag signage can help you boost your business’s brand awareness, but before you can start designing flags, you want to be aware of the different types of flag advertising for brand awareness. Flag signage comes in a variety of shapes and sizes so you can choose the best option for your space and budget limitations as well as your vision for your flags.
First, let’s look at different options for shapes.
- Teardrop: A teardrop flag looks like an upside-down teardrop. It includes a pole that bends over the top to hold it in place. These flags are tauter than some other shapes, which makes them a great option when you want them to remain still rather than flutter in the wind.
- Feather: Feather flags resemble the shape of a feather. Like the teardrop, the flag pole bends at the top, though it does not come over as far. The flag itself is curved both on the top and on the bottom.
- Straight: Straight-shaped flags have the same curve on top that feather flags have, but the flags come straight down at the bottom to form a right angle. Because they are straight on the bottom, straight flags offer a bit more printing space for your graphics.
- Edge: The edge shape is simply a rectangle. The flag pole includes a bar on top to hold the flag in place. These flags look similar to a standing banner display.
Flags also come in various sizes, from as short as under 5 feet all the way up to over 18 feet tall. If you plan to place flags in a place where they will be in close proximity to passersby, such as in front of your business or your trade show booth, then it may be best to aim for a height that will engage people at eye level. If you want your flags to be visible from more of a distance, then larger flags can help you achieve that.
Another factor to consider is whether you want your flags to be single- or double-sided. On a single-sided flag, your graphic will be fully visible on one side. Since the material is somewhat translucent, you’ll see your graphic from the back on the other side. This means that images and words will appear backward. A double-sided flag is actually two panels of material that each feature your graphic clearly. If you want your flag to be just as impactful and readable from either side, double-sided is the way to go.
With so many ways to customize your flags, you can be sure to find the best fit for your application.
Guide to Setting up Flag Signage
Setting up your flags should be an easy process. You just need to choose where they’ll go and assemble them. Assembly is as simple as putting the pole together, sliding the flag over the pole and connecting it to the base. You can choose from various options for bases. The best choice depends on the type of terrain where you’re displaying your flags. Some options include:
- Ground stake
- Cross base
- Steel square base
- Stackable base
- Drive-over base
- Auger stake
- Fillable base
- Water ring fillable base
While assembly itself is a cinch, deciding where to place your banners can take a little more time. After all, you want to make sure your flags have as much of an impact as possible. Best practices for flag placement really come down to where the most people will see your flags — and not just any people, but people who are likely to be potential customers.
In some situations, you won’t have to wonder about where to place your signage. For example, at a trade show, custom flags at the front of your booth can be an excellent way to grab the attention of attendees. If you’re having a sidewalk sale, it makes sense to include flags right there to announce the sale. However, when you’re solely focused on boosting your brand awareness, it may not be as obvious where you should place your branded flags.
Here are some questions to ask yourself to determine the perfect location for your flag signage:
- Do any of the streets surrounding my building receive heavy foot traffic?
- Do people walk past the front entrance of my business?
- Is there a street near my business that receives more foot traffic than closer streets do?
- Where around town does my target audience frequent?
- Are there any high visibility locations off of major road or highways near my business?
Location is critical when it comes to getting your signage noticed.
Custom Flags From SpeedPro Imaging
Highly visible and versatile, SpeedPro flags are an effective advertising medium. Get the word out on one or both sides of your flags with big, bold graphics that can even shift in appearance with changes in the wind. Our flags are lightweight and mobile, so you can even advertise on the go. If you want your flags to stay put, choose from a variety of bases that will secure your flags in place, indoors or outdoors, no matter the terrain. Whatever the location, SpeedPro’s custom flag service will fly your message for all to see.
Partnering with SpeedPro means working with knowledgeable service professionals who can custom configure solutions, from flags and event graphics to tents, window graphics and beyond. We take a custom approach to every project to make sure we understand your business, your branding and your vision for your graphics. We can use color-matching to make sure any flags or other graphics we produce for you accurately match other graphics you’re already using.
As thorough as our team is, we’re also efficient. You can expect us to get the job done quickly. In no time, you’ll have a custom flag you can proudly display.
For more information about the specific flag options you have to choose from, browse through our flag product offerings on our trade show display site. To begin the process of creating your custom branded flag signage, contact a local studio near you. Once you connect with your local SpeedPro staff, you can communicate where and how you want to spread your company’s message, and our commitment to excellence will do the rest.