A trade show light box display rental is a great option if you want to wow attendees at your next event. The combination of high-quality hardware and striking graphics with a source of illumination presents a powerful solution that can help you make an impression. If you’re looking for a backlit display panel for rent, consider light box rental options from SpeedPro.
These displays come in a range of sizes, so you’re sure to find an option that can help you create the visual effect you’re looking for. One thing is sure — a light up display is an exceptional way to show off your branding and message and create a buzz around your booth. If you want a quick and easy solution for making a significant visual impact, take some time to learn about light boxes from SpeedPro.
What Are Trade Show Light Boxes?
A light box is a type of backlit display, meaning it’s illuminated from the inside out. These displays consist of metal frames, fabric graphics and LED light strips. Together, the elements create a visually striking display that’s sure to attract the eyes of trade show attendees who walk past your booth.
The frame for a light box is made from four-inch extruded aluminum. The process of extrusion means that aluminum is put through a dye that casts it into a particular shape. The profiles of these aluminum extrusion frame pieces are designed so that they fit smoothly together to form the frame structure with minimal tools required to put them together. These frameworks are pre-built, so when you want a backlit trade show display for rent, all you have to do is come up with the graphic design.
You can choose to make your light box one-sided, or you can add a graphic to both sides for a double-sided light box display. Whether single- or double-sided, the graphic that covers a light box frame is a backlit push-fit fabric graphic. Fabric graphics have an unmistakable quality and allow the light on the inside to shine through. The graphics are sharp and vivid in color and come with a one-year warranty, and the lighting on the inside will bring them to life even more.
Light up trade show displays can be illuminated in a variety of ways. In the case of light boxes, they come with strips of LED lights that are adhered to the frame on the inside. Once you insert the graphic into the channel bars around the frame, you can plug in your display and see it light up. Adding backlighting is a sure way to take any display to the next level.
How Can You Use a Custom Trade Show Light Box?
A custom trade show light box is a visually impressive display, so you want to be sure you make it count with the right graphics. Here are some ideas for how you can make the most of a light box display at your next trade show:
- Feature a new product: One option for your light box display is to feature a large, captivating image of a new product or product line you’re launching. Whether it’s a creative new fashion line, a cutting-edge smartphone or other piece of technology, a skin care product that delivers amazing results or any other product, featuring it prominently on a light box is an effective way to put it at the forefront of your display and capture the attention of attendees.
- Show off your branding: According to the Center for Exhibition Industry Research, increasing brand awareness is one of the top three goals for exhibitors at a trade show. When you want to increase your brand awareness, you need to make your branding noticeable and memorable. An effective way to do so is by featuring your company name and logo on a large-format graphic display. Illuminating such a display will make it even more impactful.
- Share your values: Your branding doesn’t stop with your company’s logo. It also includes your values, an aspect of your company that can influence consumers’ decisions. American millennials in particular care a great deal about a company’s values. In fact, seven in 10 say they actively consider a company’s values when making a purchasing decision. When you want to educate consumers about your company’s values, remember that a backlit display is an excellent way to do it.
- Highlight a promotion: Another strategy you can use for your light box graphic is highlighting a promotion. Promotions are a common marketing strategy, so typical signs for one can easily get lost among the many other standard sale posters found in other booths in your aisle and throughout the trade show venue. When you want to draw people’s attention to a limited-time special offer or sale, there’s no better way to do so than to bump up the impact with a large, backlit display.
How Do You Set up a Light Box?
Portable trade show displays are made to be easy to set up so that getting your booth together doesn’t become a logistical hurdle. Instead, you’ll be able to quickly go from a bare booth to an amazing display that you can immediately use to start turning heads and making connections. Here are the simple steps:
- Step 1: Light boxes come in carrying cases that you can wheel behind you for easy transport. Once you arrive at your exhibit space, open the case and lay out all the pieces of your light box frame on the floor.
- Step 2: Now you can begin to connect the various parts of the frame. You’ll do so by inserting a locking mechanism where lengths of extrusion meet and then pulling the pieces of the frame together, using the mechanism to hold them there. These mechanisms are straight for the sides of the frame and have a 90-degree angle for the corners.
- Step 3: Attach each of the two angled pieces of extrusion on the insides of both vertical lengths of the frame for additional support.
- Step 4: Position the light strips on the inside of the frame, and use the pre-attached thumbscrews to secure them in place. Now, plug the light strips into one another to complete the circuit.
- Step 5: Feed the extrusion cord through the plastic extrusion channel at the side of the frame and connect it to the lights at the top of the frame. Feed the power supply cord through the opening on the lower side.
- Step 6: Now you can add your graphic. Put the graphic face-down and start at the corners, pushing each silicone corner into the narrow channel on the frame. Next, push the graphic into the channel all along the sides for a snug fit.
- Step 7: Slide the stabilizing feet onto the bottom of the frame and tighten them by hand. Once you do, you can stand your display up.
- Step 8: Finish by adding the fabric to the back of the frame. The fabric will either be an opaque liner, used to finish single-sided displays, or the other graphic you’re using to make your light box a double-sided display. Finally, plug in your display to watch it come to life.
You’ll be amazed how quick and simple it is to create such an impressive display to dress up your trade show booth. You won’t need a large team of people or a heavy toolbox — just fit the pieces together, plug in and you’re ready to go.
What Are the Benefits of Light up Trade Show Displays?
When you’re deciding which types of displays to use in your trade show booth design, you’ll want to know what sets one type of display apart from another. When it comes to light box displays, you can benefit from the fact that they are:
- High-impact: A challenge all trade show exhibitors face is that they’re surrounded by many other companies’ booths, all of which are vying for the attention of attendees. If you want to attract attention, you need to stand out. Backlit graphics, especially large ones, are an excellent way to create a high-impact display that’s sure to turn some heads. Once you grab people’s attention, you can talk to them and make sales or generate great leads.
- Bright: The lights inside light boxes turn them into stunning visual spectacles that stand out, especially in dim lighting. If you’re exhibiting in a trade show venue where lighting is generally inadequate — as can be the case in gymnasiums, ballrooms and other large spaces — you’ll notice that your light box display pops especially well against the dim background. A well-lit graphic will attract attention and make it easy for passersby to read and see every aspect of your graphic.
- Professional: There’s no doubt that a backlit fabric display looks extremely professional. Vinyl and other materials are all great choices to consider for other types of displays, but there’s something about a fabric display that gives off an air of permanence as opposed to being a temporary installation. If you’re going for a high-end, exceptionally professional feel, make sure you partner with a printer who will make your graphics appear crisp and vivid to complete the impressive look — like SpeedPro.
- Convenient: Though visitors to your booth likely won’t think about how you set up your displays, it’s probably a major concern for you, and rightly so. No one wants to get to their event space and have to labor through a difficult or complicated setup process to get their displays put together. Though assembling light boxes involves a few more steps than some other display types, the setup process is still very manageable, even when you’re pressed for time.
If you’re looking to stay ahead of the competition, you need to make sure you arrive at your next trade show with displays that will impress. As we’ve seen, light boxes can help in that endeavor.
What Are the Advantages of Renting?
At times, purchasing a light up trade show sign or any other type of portable display is the right way to go. Purchasing tends to be a good choice when you plan to exhibit frequently and want to have displays you can use to wow visitors over and over again. That said, renting is the best option in certain other scenarios.
Here are some advantages to renting your light box instead of purchasing it:
- No need for storage: When you purchase displays, you have to store them when they’re not in use. Most portable displays become rather compact when broken down, so that isn’t a problem for many companies. However, if space is an issue for you, you’ll appreciate the fact that rental displays can be returned once you’re done using them, so you won’t have to worry about storing your displays.
- Quick turnaround: Another benefit of backlit trade show displays for rent is how quickly you can get them. Some displays for purchase aren’t readily available, so you have to wait for your hardware to arrive. The frameworks for our rental light boxes are pre-built and ready to go, so the only time you’ll need to plan for is designing and printing the graphic you intend to display.
- Financial savings: If your company doesn’t regularly attend trade shows and you’re just looking for a temporary display for one-time use, a rental display is a better choice financially. Purchasing a display entails a larger upfront investment, though the cost is well worth it if you plan to use the display repeatedly. If you want to use it only once, however, you can save by renting.
- Opportunity to experiment: Even if you plan to attend multiple trade shows in the future, renting will offer you the opportunity to experiment and try various display types. If you’re curious how a double-sided light box display would look in your booth, and you’re not ready to make the investment, you can rent one and try it out, along with other types of displays. Then, you can decide which display types you want to make part of your permanent installation.
Find Trade Show Light Box Rentals From SpeedPro
Several strategies can help set you up for success at your next trade show. No matter what your goals are or what industry you work in, one thing will always remain an essential part of any trade show success strategy: a fantastic display.
If you want to brighten your prospects for your next trade show, why not try a display that’s easy to set up and, more importantly, visually striking? When you need to compete with other booths to successfully capture people’s attention and make a memorable impression, it’s time to pull out all the stops. Make a custom trade show light box a part of your next portable display.
SpeedPro offers all the solutions you need to create a stunning trade show booth, including a variety of rental options, from inline displays to counters, kiosks and more. Whatever you’re looking for to help your trade show booth shine, SpeedPro experts can help you find the right tools to make it happen. We have a nationwide network of studios ready to help, so find a studio near you to get started today.