Guide to Custom Parade Signage and Advertising
Parades are large events that call for even larger signage. They are loud, exciting productions that can cause confusion. Parades often cover large areas of land, so signs must be large and contrasting so attendees can see them from great distances. This guide can help you decide which signs are the best options for your event.
The Importance of Custom Directional Signage During a Parade
Custom directional signage is an essential part of any parade. You will need huge, clear signs to make sure everyone knows where they need to go and how they’re going to get there. Directional signage welcomes the attendees and lets them know that they’re in the right place. Custom signs can also help to:
- Establish the parade route: The parade route is the most important area to indicate. The parade itself is the main attraction, so people will want to know where they can position themselves to see it go by.
- Provide directions: Parades can be chaotic events with thousands of people trying to get to different places. Without signs to help guide them, participants and onlookers can get lost. To prevent confusion, post wayfinding signs with clear directions, indicating how to get to significant areas, routes and tents.
- Designate areas: Signs can also help people find where they are or where they want to go. If attendees are following signs to get to a particular area, they will also be looking for signs to tell them that they’ve arrived. Area signage can help people find where to park, where a specific tent is or where the parade will pass through.
How to Optimize Custom Event Tents for a Parade
Tents and booths are versatile assets you should use at any parade or event. They are customizable, transportable and easy to assemble. Whether you’re looking to use them for marketing a sponsor or sheltering participants, they are an essential part of any parade. Custom event tents are a great way to:
- Showcase logos and sponsors: Custom tents allow you to showcase any logos or sponsors for the parade. If you place a custom tent at the entrance or exit of your parade, you can guarantee that almost every person attending the parade will stop or pass by the tent at some point.
- Check-in participants: Custom tents are also a great way to check-in any participants in the parade. You can use it to promote your sponsors, while also expediting the check-in process.
- Shelter awards or judges: Once you’re done checking everyone in, you can easily transport a custom tent to the end of the parade route. There, you can use it to shelter awards or judges until the parade ends.
How to Effectively Use Custom Parade Banners, Flags and Signs
To create the best possible experience for your participants, guests and advertisers, you’ll need to use custom parade banners, flags and signs throughout the parade. You can use these tools to increase revenue by offering your advertisers a full range of options. When sponsors can choose how and where their logo will appear, they are more likely to purchase advertising space. You can also use them to create a colorful, exciting atmosphere for the audience. To create a well-decorated parade, you’ll need:
- Banners: To promote your event in neighboring towns, put up banners in high-traffic areas. A custom parade banner is also a great way to indicate the beginning or end of the route.
- Flags: Eye-catching flags can serve as an outline for the parade route. You can also customize them with any sponsors or logos.
- Signs: A well-designed sign can be an invaluable tool at any parade. You can use them to advertise, give directions or indicate a location.
How to Use Custom Vehicle Wraps for a Parade
Whether you’re looking to sell advertising space or add an eye-catching addition to the parade, custom vehicle wraps are another fantastic parade option. Wrapping a car is a simple, affordable process that is also completely reversible. It doesn’t take long to apply a full or partial vehicle wrap, and once it’s on, it can last up to five years. You can take it off at any time with no damage to the underlying paint job.
Wraps can either cover an entire vehicle or just a small portion. They are typically made from high-quality vinyl and are completely customizable, so you can get any color, shape or look you want. The customizable aspect of wraps is especially appealing to advertisers. For a modest price, they can completely change the look of a car or add a simple logo.
You can also use vehicle wraps for advertising the parade itself or creating a stunning addition to the lineup. Wraps can turn any dull car into the centerpiece of the procession.
How Concrete and Asphalt Graphics Can Enhance a Parade
If you think you can’t use floor graphics because your parade is outside, think again. You can safely use graphics created explicitly for concrete and asphalt. To make the most out these graphics:
- Use bold arrow signage to help participants navigate before, during and after the parade. Sometimes, traditional directional signs aren’t enough to ensure people know where to go. To make sure people can find their way around in even the most crowded areas, use concrete and asphalt graphics throughout the parade grounds. You can use them to indicate to people how to get to the parade and how to get back to their car when it’s over.
- Have “best viewing” spots on the route marked for viewers. Everyone at the parade wants to get the best possible view, especially if they have small children with them. By offering the attendees “best viewing” signs on the ground, you can take the guesswork out of finding the perfect spot.
- Offer concrete advertising options for sponsors for sidewalk spots along the route. Concrete and asphalt graphics are also an excellent opportunity to offer your sponsors advertising space. Most people are already looking at their phones, so why not grab their attention while they’re looking down?
Choose Graphic Design Professionals for Custom Parade Signage
If you’re looking for well-made, stunning signage for your parade, you can find everything you need at SpeedPro. We specialize in a full range of high-quality, customizable print products, including directional signs, event tents, banners, flags, graphics, vehicle wraps and more.
SpeedPro is a leading large-format printing franchise, with a nation-wide network of studios. While most vendors sell a broad array of printing products and services, we focus specifically on large-format printing. We pride ourselves in partnering with clients and nurturing long-term relationships.
To get the best graphics for your parade, find a SpeedPro studio near you today!