How Bold Graphics Are Improving Sporting Events
Large stadiums and event venues require dynamic imagery to enhance the guest experience and reinforce your brand. Picking the right sporting event graphics and signage is crucial to your event’s success — but with so many options, it’s challenging to know how to get the right one. To help you choose, we’ve created a guide to get you started.
Stadiums are enormous areas that require a significant amount of visual stimulation. They are easy to get lost in and overwhelming to many fans. Luckily, arena signage is the best defense against chaos and confusion in large spaces. To help your fans navigate and feel welcomed, install the following.
- Wall graphics and murals: One way add imagery to your stadium is with murals and graphics. You can make them large enough to cover an entire wall, or just big enough to showcase a sponsor’s logo. They are fantastic options if you’re looking to brighten a dull wall, promote upcoming events or sell space to advertisers. A well-designed mural or graphic can grab people’s eyes and get them excited for whatever event they’ve come to see. You can design your graphics to convey any image or message you want, so be sure to do your research on the different types, styles and materials to get one that’s perfect for your stadium.
- Field and court banners: Well-placed field or court banners will get your fans excited to watch the game from start to finish. You can use them to advertise upcoming events, remind the fans to cheer for their team or sell space to sponsors. As they hang and flow through the air, they’ll be sure to hold fans’ attention — even those in the nosebleed sections. Banners come in all shapes and sizes, so be sure to get the one that will best suit your court or field. It’s also easy to put up and take down banners, so they’re excellent for promoting information that changes frequently.
- Concrete and floor graphics: Both outside and inside the stadium, you can use concrete and floor graphics to direct lost fans, advertise sponsors or solidify the stadium’s brand. They are especially handy for slippery floors, since they come with an anti-skid laminate coating. Also, since people tend to look down at their feet when they’re waiting in line, you can use them to surprise and delight your fans as they wait to get their tickets or use the bathroom.
Outdoor Sporting Event Signage
Events like races, tournaments and extreme sports competitions need specialized signage for portability and weather conditions. There are a lot of signage and graphic options to choose from, so it’s essential to research which one is best for your event. To help guide you, we’ve compiled a list of common events and some of the signs you might need.
Running events are fun, festive activities that can attract a large number of competitors and spectators. However, they can also be overwhelming if not planned well. Implementing graphics, signs, tents and flags into your running sporting event can help manage the flow of traffic, incentivize sponsors and add to the excitement of the festivities. Here are some ideas of things you can set up to make the most of your graphics.
- Directional signage: Directional signage is an effective way to make sure all your guests, athletes and officials know where everything is and how to get there. You can use it to direct athletes toward the locker rooms and sign-in tents, or to point guests towards the ticket booths and food vendors. Giving your attendees clear directions helps them feel welcomed and reassures them they are in the right place.
- Concrete graphics: Similarly, you can use concrete graphics as directional signage. Signs in a crowded area can be hard for some people to read, so floor graphics offer a better solution. However, in running events, you can also use concrete graphics to mark the direction of the runners, the starting points or the finish line. Concrete graphics also offer a unique opportunity for sponsors to advertise their company, products or service.
- Event tents: Quality event tents are another crucial part of any running event. They offer distinct stations for guests to find information, sign in, buy merchandise and any other station the event requires. Event tents are portable and easy to assemble, so you can set them up and take them down with little time or effort. They offer protection from extreme sun and rain, covering guests, officials, athletes or awards. Event tents also provide additional surfaces you can sell to sponsors for advertising space.
- Flags: Custom flags are another festive way to decorate your running event. You can use them to attract people to the event, make the track look festive and provide space for your sponsors. Especially in outdoor spaces, they are a creative way to get people’s attention, since they blow in the wind and catch people’s eyes.
Weekend Tournament Graphics
Weekend tournaments are part of almost every competitive sport, so there are a lot of factors to consider when picking out graphics. Outdoor event signage is essential if you want your attendees to feel excited, welcomed and confident they know where they’re going. For these events, be sure to use the following ideas.
- Sponsor banners: Tournaments are expensive events to organize, so if you want to find options for increasing funding, sponsor banners are an excellent method. They come in all shapes and sizes and are the perfect way to grab people’s attention.
- Event check-in tents: Weekend tournaments host large numbers of athletes and spectators, so you must be able to process them all quickly. Check-in tents are the best way to make sure everyone gets the information they need and that the event runs smoothly.
- Weather-resistant materials: If your event takes place outside, make sure your banners, signs and graphics consist of the appropriate materials. Outdoor event graphics are water- and weather-resistant, so they won’t run or fall apart if the weather takes a turn for the worse.
How to Get Bold Sports Event Signage
Be sure to consult a graphic design expert to give you advice on how to get creative and pick the appropriate materials.
If you’re looking for well-made, stunning signage for your sporting event, you can find everything you need at SpeedPro. We specialize in a full range of high-quality, customizable print products, including directional signs, event tents, banners, flags, graphics and more.
SpeedPro has become the nation’s leading large-format printing franchise, with 131 studios in 31 states. While most vendors sell a broad array of printing products & services, we focus specifically on large-format printing. We pride ourselves in partnering with clients and nurturing long-term relationships.
To get the best graphics for your sporting event, find a SpeedPro studio near you today!