Everything You Need to Know About Real Estate SignageJANUARY 20, 2020| SpeedPro East Bay
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REAL ESTATE SIGNAGE
Real estate signs are the face of a home, so you’ll want to be sure to grab the attention of potential buyers driving or walking by. This is why custom real estate signs can be so important. Don’t fall into the category of bland signs with a name and phone number. Think outside the box and let the experts at SpeedPro East Bay help you get creative with your signs to represent you and your company. Here are the best tips and tricks with real estate signage that includes everything you’ll need to know.
REAL ESTATE SIGN OPTIONS
There are a variety of different styles that you can use in real estate but the key is to choose the best option that will work for you and what you’re trying to sell. Here are a few of the most commonly used signs:
- A-frames: This would have to be at the top of the list of options that individual agents use to advertise an Open House. These a-frames are lightweight and fold flat which is great for stacking sets in a car. They then open up to be set on different surfaces. These are typically lined around the corners and several blocks away from an open house to direct people in the right direction.
- Banners: If you have apartments for rent or condos for sale, banners are a great way to advertise this. Our scrim banner options are perfect for outdoors and can withstand the wind and rain all season long.
- Building Signs: Commercial properties need more than a For Sale sign outside of the property. This is where you’ll want to make a big and bold impression using aluminum composite material (ACM) that is weather resistant.
- Yard Posts: A yard post is where you would most commonly hang a For Sale sign as well as the riders that mention open house times and days. This post looks like an upside-down “L” and gets installed into the ground.
REAL ESTATE SIGN BEST PRACTICES
When people see your real estate sign, it’s usually as they’re in a moving vehicle so you want to give the most information in the most simplest yet eye-catching form. Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering a design for your signs:
- Include Relevant Information. Ensuring that your graphics and text are large enough to read, this can mean leaving out some information, which is fine. You’ll want to use your best judgment in highlighting the property with the most important takeaways such as your name, phone number, and one key feature about the property that would entice them.
- Use Bold and Contrast Colors. Black text on a white background is sure to be easy to read, however, black on a white background could be a little more difficult. To make sure that your message pops, you’ll want to use the perfect color combination that will stand out and also be different from the basics.
- Always Use Your Logo. Be sure to include your logo whether you’re with a well-known real estate company or you have your own business. Including your logo increases familiarity and this can help to build trust by being easy to identify. This will also help people to remember you by glancing at your logo and later remembering who it was that was advertising the listing.
- Large Print Is Key. It can be difficult to not want to fit everything on your sign but you also don’t want to overwhelm people with information as well as have the text so small that it’s not readable. Since most people will be looking at your signs on the move, make it big and stand out.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR REAL ESTATE SIGNS STAND OUT
Along with following the guidelines for designing your real estate signs, here are some other ideas to make yours stand out from the others.
- It’s All in the Shape. Real estate signs don’t always have to be square. One way to make your signage stand out is by contour cutting them with a custom geometric shape that can put a fun twist on the standard square cut. Whether they be triangle, star, or another geometric shape, these specially cut signs can help with the brand aesthetic.
- Choose a Light Up Sign. How do people read your sign at night? One option to make sure that your sign stands out for all hours of the day would be to add light to it. This can be solar lights where no electricity is needed or you can attach a light directly to the sign and point it so that it’s highlighting the most important information.
- Take Advantage of Technology. Consider using a QR code on your real estate sign that people can scan and then get more information on the property. This can be helpful since your text is limited it gives the opportunity to provide more information. You can also include a phone number that people can call or text to receive information about that specific property. This can be useful to you because when people call or text that number, you’ll get their information which adds to your lead list.
CUSTOM REAL ESTATE SIGN BENEFITS
Although we’ve moved into what feels like a strictly digital age, signs still play a large role in attracting potential buyers to properties. Here are some benefits of using custom signs rather than a general for sale or open house sign.
- Get Your Contact Information Out There. Since your real estate sign will include your contact information such as your phone number and e-mail, it allows for immediate action. Potential buyers can call you on the spot while it is fresh in their mind and it won’t require them to go online and find your information to eventually forget to call you.
- Help with Referrals. 50% of people say that word of mouth is their preferred source of information so tap into that. By adding a sign on a property, neighbors may not be interested in making a purchase but they might know people who are. Also, people driving by may not have a need for real estate but they may have family or friends looking that they can mention it to.
- Signs Can Be Reused. Many marketing materials in real-estate are single-use items and will quickly be tossed away once the listing has been closed. However, with real estate signs as long as you don’t change your contact information, you can use your signs time and time again.
- Signs Are Inexpensive. Real estate marketing doesn’t have to be pricey. Since these signs are reusable, it helps keep things cost-effective and the cost per piece isn’t that much at all especially if you purchase a larger quantity at once.
- Easy Installation. Installing real estate signs can be fairly easy, where many times you can push the stakes into soil. Other options are hanging signs from a building or posting in a storefront.
- There Are Many Options. Because we give the option to customize, you can really do anything with them. Whether you choose a more classic style or want to get creative with bold colors and text, the choice is up to you and can go any way.
SPEEDPRO EAST BAY AND YOUR CUSTOM REAL ESTATE SIGNS
If you’re ready to get creative with your custom real estate signs whether to advertise a property for sale or for rent, our team members will work with you on the right design and signage that will fit your needs and stand out from the rest. Contact us today at 510.662.0216 or let’s get started here.