How many trade shows does your company attend each year? Whether the answer is one, five, 10 or more, you likely want a display that is easy to set up and take down, and that doesn’t take up a lot of storage space. If you can easily transport the display from your location to the event and back again, all the better.
One way to stand out at trade shows and grab people’s attention is to set up a collapsible display. Because they are available in a variety of sizes and styles, collapsible displays can be the perfect finishing touch on your next trade show exhibit.
What Are Collapsible Displays?
True to their name, collapsible displays unfold for display and collapse afterward for storage. They can sit on a tabletop and complement a larger display, or stand on the floor and serve as the central focus of your exhibit. When you use them along with your brand’s custom graphics and logo, they provide a quick and easy way to get your message out to an audience.
What Types of Collapsible Displays Are Available?
The last thing you want when you’re attending a trade show is to have a display that’s similar or almost identical to a neighboring exhibit or a competing brand. Luckily, there are many different types and styles of collapsible displays available, so you can choose the one that works best with your company’s current style, without worrying you’ll have the same display style as every other exhibitor at the event.
SpeedPro has several different types of foldable display stands available, which we can customize with your brand’s graphics and messaging. Take a look at your options and contact us to learn more about how to create a custom, eye-catching and portable display for your next trade show.
1. Collapsible Coyote Display
One of our most popular collapsible display stands is the Coyote™ Popup, which consists of purple aluminum frames and magnetic channel bars. The system uses either fabric graphic panels or rollable UV graphic panels, which connect to the frame with powerful, rare earth neo magnets.
The magnets are primarily responsible for making the Coyote system so easy to put together. You don’t have to fuss around with channel bars that need to snap into place or manipulate tricky locking systems.
Coyote popup display stands are available in several sizes and shapes. You also have the option of adding accessories to your display to further customize it and make it stand out in a crowded exhibition hall.
Available Coyote display options are as follows.
- Tabletop displays: Tabletop displays range from four to eight feet wide, and from about two and a half to five feet tall.
- Standard full-height displays: Standard full-height displays are slightly curved and measure anywhere from six to 10 feet wide. They stand about seven feet tall.
- Serpentine full-height displays: Serpentine full-height displays have an S-curve shape and measure anywhere from seven to up to 20 feet wide. They are about seven feet tall.
- Gullwing full-height displays: Gullwing full-height displays curve gracefully like the wings of a bird. As one of our largest collapsible display options, they measure 20 feet wide and about seven feet tall.
- Horseshoe full-height displays: Horseshoe displays are our deepest display option, measuring around five feet in depth. They have a distinct U-shape, which lets the collapsible display encompass a large area of your exhibit space. Horseshoe full-height displays measure either 11 or 17 feet wide and stand about seven feet tall.
In addition to choosing from a range of different Coyote display shapes and sizes, you can further customize your display by adding accessories.
- Monitor mount: If you’d like to show a video or slideshow as part of your presentation, you can purchase a monitor mount to attach to the Coyote Popup system. The monitor mount works with either curved or straight displays, and can support screens up to 23 inches and with a weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Display shelves: The internal display shelf add-on allows you to show off your company’s products or brochures. The attachment includes two clear acrylic shelves, which you can position either flat or at a 45-degree angle.
- OCX case-to-counter conversion: The OCX case makes it easy to transport the Coyote display from place to place. It can also double as a countertop for displaying objects or demoing products. The counter conversion kit includes graphics that either wrap around the case or stretch over it. The countertop is available for separate purchase.
2. Embrace Tension Display
To put together the Embrace™ Tension Fabric display, all you need to do is unfold the frame, snap the supports into place and attach the fabric graphic. Embrace displays feature a white or silver frame that unfolds with ease and that doesn’t require any tools to put together. These tension collapsible fabric displays are available in a wide range of sizes, from tabletop displays to full-height, 30-foot inline displays.
The Embrace Tension display system proves that sometimes, the simplest look is best. The display looks elegant and provides an ideal way for you to get your brand’s message across.
Available Embrace displays include:
- 2.5-foot tabletop display
- 5-foot tabletop display
- 7.5-foot tabletop display
- 2.5-foot full-height display
- 5-foot full-height display
- 5-foot extra-tall display
- 7.5-foot full-height display
- 7.5-foot extra-tall display
- 10-foot full-height display
- 10-foot extra-tall display
- 12.5-foot full-height display
- 15-foot full-height display
- 20-foot full-height display
- 30-foot full-height display
The Embrace display frames are called quads. The overall size of your display determines the number of quads your display will have. The smallest tabletop display has one quad, which measures two and a half feet square. There’s also the option of purchasing a taller tabletop display, which has two two-and-a-half-foot quads stacked on top of each other for a total height of five feet. The five-foot tabletop can either consist of two quads positioned next to each other or four quads arranged in a square shape. The more quads you add, the bigger the display.
Along with changing the size of the Embrace display by adding or removing quads, you can change the shape of the collapsible display by attaching the quads to form an L-shape or a U-shape. Available clamps secure the quads together in your chosen configuration.
If you’d like to make your display stand out even more, you have the option of adding a lighting kit to pretty much any size of Embrace display. The kit adds rows of LED lighting to the top and bottom of the display, creating a dramatic backlit effect for your graphics.
3. Hopup Tension Fabric Display
Like the Embrace Tension Fabric Display system, the Hopup™ Tension Fabric Display system features a lightweight aluminum frame that unfolds for easy setup. The graphic comes attached to the Hopup Frame, which helps make setup even quicker.
You can choose from a wide range of sizes for Hopup banners, from tabletop models to extra-tall models. The displays can also be either straight-sided or curved. Your size options include:
- 2.5-foot straight tabletop display
- 5-foot straight tabletop display
- 5-foot square tabletop display
- 5.5-foot curved tabletop display
- 5.5-foot curved square tabletop display
- 7.5-foot straight tabletop display
- 7.5-foot curved tabletop display
- 2.5-foot full-height display
- 5-foot full-height display
- 5.5-foot full-height curved display
- 7.5-foot straight full-height display
- 7.5-foot curved full-height display
- 7.5-foot straight extra-tall display
- 7.5-foot curved extra-tall display
- 10-foot straight full-height display
- 10-foot curved full-height display
- 10-foot straight extra-tall display
- 10-foot curved extra-tall display
- 13-foot straight full-height display
- 13-foot curved full-height display
- 13-foot straight extra-tall display
- 13-foot curved extra-tall display
- 15-foot straight full-height display
- 15-foot curved full-height display
- 15-foot straight extra-tall display
- 15-foot curved extra-tall display
- 20-foot straight full-height display
- 30-foot straight full-height display
If you’d like to dress up your Hopup display and make it more eye-catching or useful for event attendees, you can add on several accessories. A monitor mount lets you hang up to a 40-inch monitor weighing up to 40 pounds from the display, while an attachable countertop provides you with space for demoing products or arranging brochures and other pieces of literature. You can also add lighting to the Hopup display to brighten up your message and help it be more visible.
4. Xclaim Fabric Popup Display
The Xclaim Fabric Popup system might provide you with the most variety of design options out of all of our collapsible display systems. Xclaim Popup graphics can stretch across four individual quads or fill up a single square. Your graphics can stretch vertically up and down two quads and across the width of one quad.
Like our other collapsible display systems, the Xclaim Popup system is available in a variety of sizes, from tabletop displays to full-height displays. Unlike our other systems, the Xclaim system doesn’t limit you to variations on a rectangle. You can arrange the quads into a triangle or pyramid shape as well.
Available sizes and shapes include the following.
- Five-foot tabletop display: Several different five-foot Xclaim tabletop fabric popups are available, including one with one large graphic across the front and one with two smaller graphics in the front.
- Two-and-a-half-foot full-height display: Like the five-foot tabletop display, you can customize the two-and-a-half-foot full-height display by choosing from a variety of graphics options.
- Five-foot full-height display: The five-foot full-height display is double the width of the two-and-a-half-foot display and provides you with a variety of graphic layout choices.
- Eight-foot full-height display: The more quads you add to your collapsible Xclaim display, the more options you have for arranging your graphics. The eight-foot full-height display features three rows and three columns of quads.
- Eight-foot tabletop pyramid display: If you want a small display that’s going to turn heads, the Xclaim tabletop pyramid display is a good pick. It has three quads and several options for arranging your graphics.
- 10-foot full-height display: The 10-foot full-height display is available in six configurations, giving you plenty of backdrop design options.
- 10-foot pyramid display: The 10-foot pyramid display is like the tabletop pyramid, but larger and with a few more layout options.
- 14-foot pyramid display: Finally, if you want to turn heads and make a lasting impression, consider the Xclaim 14-foot pyramid display, the largest of the options.
Along with giving you plenty of eye-catching arrangements to choose from, the Xclaim Popup system is a cinch to put together. The graphics come attached to the frame. All you need to do is unfold the frame, connect the magnets to hold it place, then stand it up on the floor or the table. If you wish, you do have the ability to arrange or swap out your graphics panels when needed.
A few accessories are available for the Xclaim Fabric Popup system, such as a display shelf. You can place the shelf between two quads and use it to demo products or distribute brochures.
What Are the Benefits of Collapsible Displays for Trade Shows?
Why use a collapsible display at your next trade show? They offer several benefits, both when it comes to marketing your brand and when it comes to setting up your display.
- Easy setup: Most collapsible displays unfold quickly and snap into place. Some models, such as Xclaim and Coyote, snap together with the help of magnets, while others feature lockable arms that help them stay in place.
- Compact storage: Even if you have plenty of storage space in a warehouse or office, you probably don’t want a 30-foot display taking up most of it. Collapsible displays fold down for storage, and many are versatile enough to tuck in a compact case or carrying bag.
- Lets you incorporate other elements of your exhibit: You can add accessories to many collapsible displays, which allows you to include other components of your exhibit in the display. For example, you can install a shelf to create a space for product demos or add a monitor mount to provide an area where you can show a video or add an interactive element.
- Unique design options: Collapsible displays let you think outside the box and go beyond the basic rectangular frame. You have the option of picking from a variety of shapes, and can even combine two or more displays to create an exhibition that is unique to your brand.
How to Choose the Right Collapsible Display for Your Next Trade Show
Should you pick a two-and-a-half-foot tabletop display, or a massive 30-foot inline display? It all depends on the amount of space you have at an event and the amount of impact you want your display to have.
A few things to keep in mind include the rules and restrictions of the event space, how frequently you plan on using the display and how creative you want it to be. If you’re looking for something simple and elegant, the Embrace tension fabric display system might be perfect. But if you want something more unusual and eye-catching, one of the Xclaim configurations might be your best pick.
Work With SpeedPro to Create Your Next Collapsible Trade Show Display
SpeedPro loves working with our clients to help them create the best displays for trade shows and other events. If you’re looking to add a foldable display to your trade show exhibit, we’re happy to work with you and help you design one that best captures your brand’s message and puts your best foot forward. To learn more, get in touch with the SpeedPro studio nearest you today.