At most trade shows, there are quite a few exhibitors, many of whom are targeting the same customers or potential partners as you are. That’s why it’s crucial to find a way to make your booth stand out from the crowd. What if there were a way to elevate your exhibit above the competition? With hanging trade show structures from SpeedPro, you can literally rise above the rest.
What Are Hanging Trade Show Structures?
Hanging trade show structures are displays that you can hang from the ceiling above your exhibit, enabling attendees to see it from across the event space. These displays consist of an aluminum frame covered by a zipper pillowcase fabric graphic and come with cables for hanging. They are available in a wide variety of shapes, and you can print custom graphics for your structure, giving your brand incredible visibility.
Why Use Hanging Structures for Trade Shows?
Hanging structures add another dimension to your trade show exhibit that can help make your trade show visit more successful. Some of the benefits they provide include the following.
- They provide enhanced visibility: With a hanging display for trade show exhibits, event attendees can see your exhibit from across the event hall and from all angles. This helps prevent your booth from getting lost in the sea of presenters. It also helps people who are looking for your exhibit to find it, and it introduces your brand to people who didn’t know about you before attending the show.
- They promote brand awareness: Hanging fabric displays are also excellent opportunities for increasing awareness of your brand. The displays feature large fabric graphics that you can customize with your own designs and brand elements. When you hang your structure, people all across the venue will see your logo, helping to keep your brand top-of-mind.
- They help you maximize your space: Most trade show booth spaces are either 10-by-20 feet or 20-by-20 feet. While there’s a lot you can do with this space, maximizing its potential will help make your booth more successful. You can’t build beyond your space horizontally, but you can add elements above the rest of your exhibit by adding suspended trade show signs.
- They deliver the “wow” factor: Whether someone sees your booth from far away or walks inside it and looks up, a high-quality hanging structure adds a wow factor. It creates a more immersive experience and makes your brand seem larger than life.
- They’re easy to assemble: Our portable trade show hanging signs are designed to be easy to assemble and hang. This cuts down on the time needed to set up your exhibit and the cost of doing so. The structures are also easy to take apart, are compact when disassembled and come with bags and boxes for carrying and storage.
- There are lots of options: With hanging structures, there are plenty of options. We offer hanging displays in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you can even order custom-built displays. With so many variations to choose from, you’re sure to find something that fits your needs. The customized graphics provide another way to make it your own.
Formulate Essential Hanging Fabric Structures
One type of hanging structure we offer is the Formulate® Essential line of products, a collection of three economy-range displays. They feature economy aluminum tube frames with bungee cords, pillowcase fabric graphics, hanging cables and a carry bag. Essential hanging structures also come with a one-year limited warranty.
The structures come in a variety of sizes, and you can choose between double-sided graphics, single-sided graphics with a white backer, single-sided graphics with a black backer and single-sided graphics with a printed bottom. They can also be shipped in an expandable Formulate case, which is sold separately.
The Essential fabric hanging structures come in three different shapes:
Formulate Master Fabric Hanging Structures
Our premium line of fabric hanging structures, the Formulate Master series, feature lightweight, superior-quality aluminum tube frames, zipper pillowcase dye-sublimated stretch fabric graphics, an opaque graphic liner, hanging cables, carry bags and storage boxes. Made in the USA, they are engineer-certified.
The displays come in a variety of sizes. The smaller models are made with 30 mm tubes and push-button connectors, while larger models are made with 50 mm tubes and internal expanding spigot connectors. You can choose between double-sided graphics, single-sided graphics with a white backer, single-sided graphics with a black backer and single-sided graphics with a printed bottom. Some of the larger models also come with a bottom zip-in graphic panel. The cube-shaped display features optional graphic backlighting. The Master hanging structures also collapse to a fraction of their size, making them easy to transport.
We offer 16 different styles of 2D and 3D Formulate Master hanging structures, which each come in a range of sizes:
- Backlit Cube
- Tapered Square
- Convex Triangle (Shield)
- Four-Sided Pyramid
- Flat Panel
Custom Hanging Trade Show Displays
We can also provide custom hanging structures in any shape you like. This option opens the door for increased creativity in how you design your trade show booth, and a custom hanging display can help you stand out from the crowd even more at your next event. With custom trade show hanging structures, there are nearly endless options.
Other Types of Hanging Displays
There are also various other types of hanging displays that you can use as part of your trade show exhibit. While these items might not be 3D like many hanging structures, they can still provide many of the same benefits. They enable enhanced visibility and help get people’s attention, provide brand promotion opportunities and help you maximize your space. You can hang these other kinds of hanging convention signs along with hanging structures or on their own.
1. Trade Show Hanging Banners
You can set up banners using stands, but one way to increase visibility is to hang them above your exhibit. Banners are made from vinyl, display poly or oxford fabric and come in a variety of sizes from 2 feet to 10 feet in width and height, giving you plenty of room on which to print your custom graphics. The typical way to turn traditional banners into trade show ceiling banners is to add grommets, which are incremental, reinforced holes through which you can run rope and, optionally, ball bungees to secure and hang your banner.
2. Trade Show Hanging Signs
You can also hang traditional vinyl signage by placing it in a Poster Snapper hanging display. This display features an aluminum snap rail system with adjustable hanging clips on the top rail. You can hang the overhead trade show sign using a clear nylon line mount or an S-hook suspension and open and close the system to change out the graphics easily. The display comes in a variety of standard sizes between 24 and 48 inches and in custom sizes up to 60 inches.
Choosing the Right Hanging Display
With so many possibilities, how do you choose the right hanging display? It’s largely a matter of preference, but some factors to consider when making the decision include the following:
- The size and location of your space: One important factor is the size of your space. Make sure the structure doesn’t extend beyond the limits of your booth and that it isn’t so big that it distracts from the rest of your exhibit. You should also consider where your booth is located in the context of the event space. If it’s against a wall, for instance, it’s not as important to have a 3D shape since people will only be looking at it from the front, although you may still want one for its aesthetic appeal.
- The rest of your exhibit: Your trade show booth should work as a cohesive unit, so be sure to consider your whole exhibit when choosing a hanging structure. You might want the shape of your 2D or 3D hanging signs to complement the shapes in the rest of your exhibit. If you have a lot of rounded edges in your booth, for example, you might choose a ring-shaped hanging display or a custom circular hanging display. The graphics on your hanging banner should also match those on the rest of your booth’s features.
- Your brand’s personality: Your brand’s personality is another essential factor that impacts what kind of hanging structure is best for you. If your brand is a little more fun and creative, you might want to choose a more unusual shape such as the pinwheel or four-sided pyramid. If it’s more business-like and straightforward, you could choose a simpler shape such as the flat panel or square.
- Your budget: Of course, budget is another crucial thing to consider. Larger displays will cost more, as will extra features such as backlighting. If you’re looking for an economy option, the Essential series is an ideal choice. A well-designed and strategically chosen hanging structure is an excellent investment, but be sure to consider your budget when choosing which one to purchase. Creating a trade show strategy and choosing high-quality exhibit products can help you make the most of your investment.
Tips and Ideas for Designing Hanging Structure Graphics
The fabric graphic is an essential part of any 2D and 3D hanging structure, as it gives you a chance to customize your display and promote your brand. Here are some tips and ideas for designing your graphics to help you get the maximum benefit from them:
- Use the graphics template: Each hanging structure comes with a graphics template for you to use when designing your graphics. Be sure to use this template to ensure that your design fits on your display and looks right when it’s printed. Also, make certain you follow all instructions included on the template about image resolution, color mode and other requirements.
- Don’t make it too complex: The graphics on 3D hanging banners and other types of hanging displays are often larger than on many other types of signage, so there’s lots of room for information and images. Take advantage of this by spreading out the information across the fabric panel. Be careful that you don’t crowd too much copy or images into one space, as this can make your design look less appealing and can discourage people from reading the text on your graphic.
- Incorporate brand elements: The graphics on your hanging structure are an excellent opportunity to promote brand awareness. If you include brand elements such as your logo and brand colors in your design, people will see them from across the event space, helping people get familiar with your brand and keep it top-of-mind.
- Preview your exhibit: As an optional design element, try previewing what people can expect from your booth to encourage more people to visit you. For example, if you’re giving away free water bottles with your logo on them, let people know via your graphic.
- Tell people who you are: You don’t want to include whole paragraphs about your company, as this will be too much for people to read, but it can be useful to provide some very basic information about what you do. Just a short tagline is often enough to let people know what kinds of services or products you offer. This will help you attract people who might be interested in becoming your customers to your booth.
Assembling Formulate Essential Hanging Structures
Putting together a Formulate Essential hanging display is a relatively simple process. Be sure to follow the instructions that came with your structure. The process looks like this:
- The first step is to assemble the top and bottom shape. You do this by connecting the bungee tubes with the corresponding numbers and doing the same with the open-ended tubes.
- Next, you connect the spread attachment, which gives the design its height. Connect the bottom of the attachment to the bottom shape structure using the push buttons and matching the letters of the pieces. Then, do the same with the top shape and the top of the attachment.
- Finally, you attach the graphic. To do so, simply slide the pillowcase graphic over the frame and zip it closed.
That’s the end of the assembly process. Next, you can attach the structure to the ceiling above your exhibit using the hanging cables. To break down the structure, simply go in reverse order of the setup instructions.
Assembling Formulate Master Hanging Structures
The process for assembling Master hanging displays vary slightly depending on which design you’re using. Always follow the instructions that came with your display. An example of a basic setup process looks like the following:
- First, connect the bottom and top tubes by following the labels and the instructions.
- Then, connect the side tubes, which give the structure its height.
- Then, place the graphic around the bottom of the frame and pull it up until it covers the top of the frame. Zip the graphics closed and adjust the fabric as needed.
- Attach the cable harnesses to the eyebolts.
- Finally, tighten the threaded connectors.
Once you’ve assembled your structure, you can hang it using the included hanging cables. To disassemble your display, go in reverse of the setup instructions.
Hanging Trade Show Structures From SpeedPro
SpeedPro is your source for high-quality hanging show structures and amazing-looking custom graphics. We offer hanging displays in a variety of shapes and styles and can even provide custom-built options. We also specialize in large-format printing and can reliably produce high-quality graphics to your specifications and on schedule.
When you work with SpeedPro, you’ll gain a partner, not just a printing services provider. We’ll work with you to understand your needs and the goals of your project so that we can help you choose the perfect products for you. In addition to hanging structures, we provide a wide variety of other types of graphics including trade show booth kits, banners, vehicle wraps and much more.
To get started with creating a hanging trade show structure that’s sure to wow event attendees, contact your local SpeedPro studio today.