Signage for car dealerships is crucial for attracting customers to your car lot. Auto graphics will enhance the appeal of your car dealership and bring in new clientele interested in the vehicles you are currently offering. With custom signs, you can celebrate the release of a new vehicle, show off your latest deals, and make your dealership a household name in your area. Due to their versatility and effectiveness, you’ll want to consider adding custom auto graphics to your car dealership.
What Are Automotive Graphics?
For the purposes of this article, automotive graphics refer to the signage, decals, and graphics that go into marketing and branding a car dealership and the vehicles they sell. These auto graphics can be placed on the interior or exterior of the dealership, as well as onto vehicles themselves. Dealerships regularly rely on auto graphics to improve the appearance of their business, improve brand recognition, and get potential buyers to take a look at the dealership’s offerings.
What Are the Benefits to Using Custom Auto Graphics?
Before going into the specific kinds of auto graphics and signs that can be used at your dealerships, take a minute to understand just how beneficial they can be to your business. Here are some of the top advantages of custom auto graphics and signage:
- Eye-catching: With other car dealerships advertising and vying for the attention of possible customers around town, you want to stand out. Auto graphics do just that by drawing attention to your dealership with bold messages and appealing designs that viewers can’t help but notice. An exterior sign that proudly displays your dealership’s name, alongside other brand-friendly images or designs can get drivers to notice you and come check your cars out when they’re looking to get a new one.
- Easy to apply and remove: Dealerships looking for creative ways to advertise regularly turn to vehicle graphics. One of the big upsides to these auto graphics is the ability to install and remove them easily. If you have a special sale going on, you can apply automotive decals with ease, getting the message out fast to customers and enticing them to buy. When the sale ends, conveniently remove them and have your vehicle ready for the next time-sensitive message.
- Visually appealing: When someone looks at the sign over your dealership or goes inside your sales center and sees some of your custom auto graphics, they’re going to make a judgment about your business and whether they can trust you to sell them a car. Signage and graphics that are attractive will increase the chances that potential customers see your business as credible and feel comfortable making such a large purchase.
- Unforgettable branding: From your TV commercials to your highway billboard, you’re going to want to present a consistent brand. Once you achieve some brand recognition in your community, your dealership is more likely to be the first place consumers think of when they need a new car. Auto graphics and signage help you brand your dealership consistently, using the appropriate designs, colors, and messaging. Placing these on-brand custom auto graphics throughout your dealerships will increase brand recognition in your community.
Outdoor Car Dealership Signage
There are several kinds of outdoor car dealership signs and auto graphics that can grab the attention of those driving by. From roadside billboards to vehicle wraps and flags, car dealerships are always looking for ways to put their automotive graphics in front of potential buyers. A few of the most popular options are listed below:
Flags fit perfectly into the large dimensions of most dealerships, and, when placed strategically, can increase the visibility of your dealership. Their high level of visibility makes them an exceptional choice to mark off the entrance to the dealership, guiding potential customers into the lot. Since flags are so visible, they make for a highly versatile canvas for you to share your key messages and values with the public.
Along with their functional value, they are visually appealing, as they can be printed with images that flow with the wind, giving them a fun, whimsical appearance. Additionally, these auto graphics are available in many different colors and unique designs, allowing you to bring your vision to reality.
2. Vehicle Wraps
At an auto dealership, custom vehicle wraps are a natural fit. They make for a highly visible advertisement that complements the rest of the vehicles on the lot. In front of the dealership, you can display one of your top-selling cars with a vehicle wrap on it, proudly showing off your message. These custom auto graphics are long-lasting, so you can place them on relevant vehicles for as long as you need them.
Vehicle wraps are customizable and can range in their size. Some vehicles may look better with a full wrap covering it, giving off a dramatic message to those who pass by your store, while others might be more subtle, with your dealership logo only displayed on the side. Whatever you choose, vehicle wraps are eye-catching and make a statement, causing them to be an excellent marketing choice.
3. A-Frame Signage
While customers navigate your car dealership, you’ll want them always to know where they are going and how they can find key vehicles and locations on the lot. A-frame sidewalk signs are extremely portable and are made to be read close-up. These signs are great for wayfinding, along with marking off important sections of the dealership. If you have deals that customers should be aware of, a-frame signage can display them in a visually appealing manner.
4. Large Format Corporate Signs
To get people to notice your auto dealership, you can’t go wrong with large-format corporate signage mounted onto the side of your building or placed on a chloroplast H-frame base. Both of these options, if placed in the view of a roadway, will generate brand familiarity by exposing those driving by to your message. This type of signage is usually paired with signature color schemes, eye-catching graphics, and can even come with backlighting.
Indoor Car Dealership Signage
After your automotive graphics attract potential customers into your store, you will want to give visitors the best possible experience after they walk through your doors and onto the sales floor. You can find several interior signage options that are popular for car dealerships below:
1. Window Graphics
Often, car dealerships will use large glass windows, especially around the showroom. To add a visual accent for both the indoors and the outdoors, professionally printed window graphics are the go-to option. They come in crisp colors on perforated film to capitalize on plate glass windows.
A window graphic lets you provide key information to customers like your name, website, logo, contact info, hours of operation, and social media handles. Along with providing important information, auto window graphics will assist with increasing brand awareness, clearly marking the car dealership as your own. While you brand your space, you can also use the windows to promote your latest sales and deals.
2. Wall Murals
As customers walk into your salesroom, you’ll want to make an impression on them, drawing them to your vehicles and subtly encouraging them to make a purchase. One way that you can make a positive impression on them is with wall murals. This type of signage is perfect for car dealership graphics, as it will brand the space as your own with unique designs and messages.
With clever imagery, you can tell a story to the customer, showing them just how happy they will be after purchasing a vehicle. Your wall mural will set the tone for how the customer should feel in the space, and with the proper design, the mood that you set can help people feel more comfortable test-driving or purchasing a car. Additionally, sales floor wall murals can often be seen from the street and are easily swapped out for new designs.
3. Retractable Banners
Retractable banners are a great choice for both indoor and outdoor locations, as they can be quickly set up and removed. For example, if you have monthly deals or other time-oriented messages, retractable banners are an excellent option if you want to switch out banners regularly.
Along with their ability to be changed out quickly, they are also built for the long-term. If you plan to have a banner inside or outside for a long time, you can be confident that it’s going to stand up to the elements and proudly display your message. On top of durability, a retractable banner comes in a variety of designs and stands, giving you a lot of creative freedom in the design of the banner.
Choose SpeedPro for Your Custom Auto Graphics
If you’re looking to upgrade your car dealership graphics, then SpeedPro is the company for you. With a large nationwide network, SpeedPro will work with you to craft signage that captures attention and communicates your core message to potential customers.
Find your local studio to discuss the ways that we can provide a solution to your needs. Once you find the SpeedPro closest to you, you can request a free quote and speak to one of our knowledgeable representatives.