Corporations need signage to help them establish their identity and share important messages with their target audience.
Consumers make choices with their eyes. Businesses only have a few seconds to convince viewers their products and services are the right ones, often competing with other stores and offices simultaneously for the same attention. Marketing signage helps your business stand out for all the right reasons. Consider the creative ways you can turn corporate signage into engaging, one-of-a-kind branded visuals.
Table of Contents
What Does Signage Have to Do With Corporate Marketing?
Marketing is a broad term that encompasses all practices and platforms for your business to form connections with customers. Corporate marketing can span everything from promotion and sales activities to social media management, data analytics, product development and continual market research. In other words, if an activity is geared toward delivering value for someone, that activity is marketing.
Corporate marketing signage is a visual medium that helps you establish high-value connections with customers, and it’s an essential arm in a company’s overall visual communication strategy to enhance brand recognition. As with your other marketing channels, business signs can help you reach different marketing goals and audiences.
Why Do I Need Corporate Marketing Signage?
Imagine a department store with absolutely no signs. How would you even know what store you’re in, let alone how to find the department you want? How would you know there’s a sale going on or when the store closes?
We often take signs for granted. Corporations need signs for many reasons, whether it’s an office building, store, salon or restaurant.
Signs are essential in your business, and they can also help you advertise and connect to people and get your brand out there. No matter where your potential customers are, signs communicate valuable information about your company to increase your overall brand identity. Signage can give a glimpse of your business and the experience that awaits customers that may do business with you in the future. Business signage can leave a lasting impression.
Some companies think the prevalence of digital media means they should focus their efforts on digital marketing. While a robust digital marketing plan is critical for companies that want to succeed in the 21st century, a robust corporate signage strategy is too. Signs are part of a person’s physical environment, giving them a higher impact than an email in their inbox or an ad on social media.
What Can I Achieve With Corporate Signage?
Corporate signage can help you achieve a variety of important marketing goals. Let’s look at some of these goals and how high-impact signs can help you attain them.
1. Cultivate a Stronger Brand
Think of brand identity as a personification of your company. Your company should have a distinct set of values, mission and personality that appeals to your audience. Corporations invest heavily in developing their brands. Still, it’s all for nothing if you don’t expose consumers to your brand.
Marketing signage can raise awareness of your brand identity and help you make your mark. As you design corporate signage, you carefully select the most meaningful words, shapes, colors and images illustrating the heart and soul of your brand. Those messages and visuals, in turn, become synonymous with your company. Whether people encounter your brand in your facility or out in the world, this touchpoint should draw attention and create a positive and lasting impression.
2. Custom Signage to Advertise Products and Services
The public won’t know they need your products and services if they don’t know they exist. Signage can help you get the word out. Whether through vehicle wraps on your service vans advertising your plumbing company or window graphics showing off some of your most popular products through floor graphics or digital signage, custom signs can call attention to your business.
Corporate signs offer a range of ways to display your products or services. Your design imagination is the limit to showcasing your merchandise or servicer.
3. Custom Displays Promote New Products
New products and services deserve a spotlight. You should showcase your specific product or service because it meets the needs of your current and target customers better and solves problems more reliably than any of your competitors.
When you launch a new product, use this as an opportunity to get your existing customers’ attention and unconverted consumers alike. Think about hosting an exciting launch event or attending a trade show complete with banners and other large-scale displays. Or using eye-catching point-of-purchase displays in stores or wall signs to call attention to your new product.
4. Rebranding Your Company
Rebranding means launching your business into its next chapter. This involves creating a new logo or slightly changing your existing logo in many cases. As the face of your company, logos imbue personality with conciseness, and a few colors and shapes can relay the unique meaning behind your company. Customers are drawn to corporations with a purpose and a personality behind what they do.
The most successful brands also have the most universally recognizable and personality-distinct logos. If you want people to recognize your logo, you need to update all your visual media with this new logo. You can also add more signage types you may not have used before, such as vehicle graphics and wraps or wall murals and building signs to show off your new logo.
5. Keep Your Messaging Fresh and Interesting
Employing the same graphics and marketing messages makes your branding efforts white noise, and customers easily block out the familiar. Ensure you’re gaining and retaining coveted attention with corporate signs that intrigue and inform, all to stay top-of-mind for those bases that mean the most:
- Re-engage current customers: Appeal to the people who help your business thrive. Re-engagement is an essential branch of overall corporate marketing that keeps people plugged in and involved in your business’s latest developments.
- Captivate new audiences: Custom marketing signage also pulls in the people who haven’t interacted with your business yet, turning even passive eyes into prospective customers.
6. Form an Emotional Connection
Emotions establish the kinds of bonds necessary to make lasting consumer connections. People will be drawn to your business because it produces high-value services or sells quality goods — but also they feel good and confident making transacting with your business. Maybe you’ve made them laugh, made them nostalgic, or maybe you’ve simply made them hungry.
The most successful signs capture and nurture emotions like this with their audiences. One study found that ads focused purely on emotion did about twice as well as ads focused on rational information. If you want people to feel drawn to your brand, then use signs to draw them in. Include colors, graphics and text that appeal to their emotions, and they may become loyal customers.
7. Convey Corporate Culture
Signs can also play an important role for your employees in the workplace. In addition to serving wayfinding purposes and providing directions, you can also use signs to create an environment unique to your corporate culture. Marketing to your customer base is certainly necessary, but so is marketing to your employees.
Offices reflect their leadership’s and employees’ personalities, communication styles, values, incentives and organizational hierarchies. Every business maintains its own distinct atmosphere. Corporate marketing signage is a great way to capture your individual organization’s environment, using language and visuals matching that personality.
Types of Corporate Marketing Signage
SpeedPro’s network of studios can consult, design, and print large-format marketing signage in diverse options. Some signage types to consider include:
- Vehicle wraps: Vehicle graphics can help you turn your work car, van or truck or your entire fleet into branded vehicles that promote your company wherever you go. These displays capture the attention of drivers and pedestrians, especially since colorful displays stand out among a sea of neutral-colored cars on the road or in the parking lot.
- Contour-cut signage: Contour-cut signage breaks the mold from simple, two-dimensional signs. You can create signs that cut out 3D shapes and letters with modern print technology. These signs can serve as a centerpiece in your lobby or an eye-catching way of identifying your company on your building’s face. You can even backlight contour-cut signs for an extra pop.
- Smart signs: Smart signs use modern technology to make a print sign interactive. With InfoLnkX signs from SpeedPro, people can hold their phones near the sign, and an NFC chip in the sign will cause their phone to pull up a landing page online. This is a perfect option for touchless menus.
- Banners: Standing, grommet and pole-pocket banners made from vinyl or canvas materials (among others) are an attention-grabbing and versatile piece of corporate signage. Banners are also highly customizable. Select from various pre-fabricated shapes, heights, and widths. Opt for floor-stand or wall-projecting banners of your custom dimensions, retractable and easy to relocate throughout the day.
- Elevator wraps: Elevator wraps are custom graphics printed for elevator walls, floors, ceilings, interior and exterior doors. Panel prints can last for years, making them popular aesthetic choices for multi-story offices and headquarters displaying their corporate culture. They’re also captivating templates to advertise products and services in public, catching shoppers’ attention at malls or residents in high-rise apartments and condos.
- Wall murals: Wall murals make a blank wall a bright, bold marketing canvas. They’re a category of corporate marketing signage perfect to showcase company colors, logos, mission statements and branded imagery for employees and guests to admire. Wall murals also serve to spruce up stores and retail businesses. Imagine the environmental boost a wall-to-wall mural can have inside a restaurant or the impact of mosaic-like action shots adorning a sports venue’s walls.
- Window graphics: Choose from window clings, stickers, decals or full-blown perforated-film coverings that take your storefront’s windows from bland to on-brand. SpeedPro’s window graphics services are some of the most advanced in the large-format industry. We print first-surface and second-surface window graphics and short-term static cling or low-tack stickers on half a dozen base materials, utilizing color-matching, UV-resistant inks.
- Floor graphics: Floors can be an afterthought when it comes to branding your commercial space — if they’re thought of at all. Floor graphics remedy this opportunity gap by accenting wood, tile, concrete, asphalt and more. Layer anti-skid logos, text, icons and promotional messages where people can’t help but spot them. In fact, with the average American staring down at their cell phone screens over 50 times a day, floor graphics are a smart marketing tactic to catch eyes where they already are.
- Point-of-purchase displays: Easily assembled and completely customizable, point of purchase (POP) displays are creatively designed stands promoting specific products. Point-of-purchase stands aim to increase sales of items on display. They can jumpstart items with slow turnover, highlight new merchandise or be set up near complementary products to increase sales volumes. They consist of reconfigurable 3D panels, shelving and structural stands for easy set-up wherever they’re needed.
- Event graphics: Showcase your products and your personality in style at any industry event, B2B or B2C. Trade show and conference booths can be head-to-toe branded with hanging, standing, tabletop, digital and interactive event graphics fitting your overall visual communication footprint. Likewise, community events like fundraisers, auctions, sporting functions, parades or festivals will have your business jumping out to the crowd with branded tents, table coverings and more.
- Flags: SpeedPro produces large-format flags perfect for outdoor advertising. Select from custom corporate flags in vinyl and canvas base materials, cut into blade, feather, flutter, teardrop shapes and more. SpeedPro can also outfit flags to be standing, pole-mounted or nearly any other installation configuration, printed single- or double-sided.
- Digital signs: Digital signs use monitor screens and allow you to change the message as needed. Corporate digital signs can be installed anywhere messages need promoting, from bright, attractive restaurant menus to advertising a storefront’s daily specials to interactive screens adorning a trade show company booth.
- A-frames: Indoor and outdoor A-frame signs add a classic touch to business messages. They’re perfect for daily sidewalk promotions or as part of special event displays at fairs, farmers markets and charity events, drawing foot traffic when and where you want it most.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Corporate Signage
SpeedPro studios work with clients individually to ensure design needs are satisfied, company values are conveyed, and target audiences are fully captivated. We create big, bold marketing graphics that follow these top design industry tips and tricks.
1. Design With Your Marketing Goals in Mind
As with any marketing communication strategy, it’s important to match what you’re trying to say with how it’s being said. Matching these two concerns begins even before creating sign drafts. For example:
- Looking for your storefront to stand out on the street? Feather flags, window decals, illuminated graphics and contour-cut signs with 3D elements add a pop that serves this purpose.
- Wishing to boost web traffic? Add your website URL to vehicle wraps and A-frame signs placed on the sidewalk. Higher website visibility should lead to higher website traffic.
- Itching to increase product or service awareness? Install interactive digital signage in high-traffic areas where prospective customers can click through information about your company at their own pace. Or place eye-catching point-of-purchase signs in-store, which are meant to highlight goods or services.
- Searching for ways to draw more people to your booths? Step-and-repeat banners are fun twists to create interactive experiences at industry events. At the same time, wall murals and environmental graphics are impossible to ignore even amidst the rows of competitor booths and stalls.
2. Make It Interactive
Advances in technology mean signs today can be interactive and experiential. Digital signage and smart signage allow you to create two-way interactions that surprise, inform and delight. Plus, research shows people rate brands with interpersonal, interactive touchpoints as more trustworthy and authentic — powerful attributes any company covets.
- Utilize user-generated content, such as selfies or videos people submit for display on your digital signs or event graphics.
- Create branded hashtags and add them to your signage, then have your signs encourage shares to win a freebie or coupon.
- Sponsor games or competitions where winners earn a free product or service, with rules or details incentivized on your custom marketing signage.
- Use smart signage to connect people to your website, online menu, social media accounts, or other landing pages.
3. Set and Measure Goals
Define what success looks like for your visual communication strategies. These definitions become your key performance indicators (KPIs), the benchmarks tracking the success of your signs and what ideas, images, and words on which consumers respond best.
Setting KPIs also means finding ways to measure them. SpeedPro studios can help outline methods for intuitive metric tracking across all printed corporate signage, such as including a custom website URL on signs to help measure traffic changes.
Overall, having a clear goal for your signs allows you to focus your marketing energy to work smarter, not harder.
4. Make Your Corporate Signs Pop
Corporate marketing signage marries strategic direction with the design. The best of such signs are where KPI-backed goals are enhanced — indeed, defined — by creative, captivating and customer-value oriented graphics.
The sign medium itself can help your message pop. For example, installing unique sign backlighting, 3D contour-cut pieces or digital elements are all ways to make your signs visually engaging. You can also use traditional, flat signs but design graphics that are visually arresting. Use contrasting colors and bold lettering to get the attention of passersby.
Learn How to Create Custom Corporate Signage for Your Business Goals and Growth
Corporate signs can help you fulfill your marketing goals and take your company to the next level. The visual communications experts at SpeedPro are ready to reveal the benefits corporate signs and graphics can bring to your bottom line.
Find your local SpeedPro studio to get started on custom corporate signs today.